Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayomancer

Does Mayonnaise belong on pizza?

It's not like i always eat pizza with mayo on it, but i do like to put it on let's say, a pepperoni pizza for example, specially if it's seasoned or spicy mayonnaise. Most of the time i just put some olive oil and hot sauce on pizza. The thing is, when i mention i do that i get quite the strong reaction from people mostly against it, why is that? A lot of pizza places where i live even send some mayo with the pizzas they make, maybe it's a cultural thing?

What's your take on it?

In all honesty it doesn't sound like something I'd eat, but then again it's all preferences on what people eat or put on their foods. Back when I was at elementary school, most kids I've seen during lunchtime just love eating those 'rectangular-shaped' pizzas covered in ranch dressing. I certainly tried it to find out why people loved putting ranch on their pizzas, It was good but I always stick to eating regular pizzas.

Like I've said, people have their preferences on what they put on their pizza. It's your pizza, you can put anything you want on it.

Have never given much thought to mayonnaise, but yesterday I dreamed about pizza with fried eggs on top.

Haven't tried mayo on pizza before, but it doesn't sound like a particularly functional combination.

17 minutes ago, Antkibo said:

Have never given much thought to mayonnaise, but yesterday I dreamed about pizza with fried eggs on top.

We have our own pizza type, "The Aussie" down here that has egg as a topping. It's pretty good! As for the mayo question: Eh... no. I find mayo to be limited when it comes to my personal taste palette. I like it with chicken, but not much else.

As much as I love mayo this just sounds like sacrilege *nonchalantly grabs and begins sharpening pitchfork* though the comparison to ranch being put on pizzas is actually a very apt one and brings some perspective to it that maybe it isn't so weird. I've never heard of it though, so perhaps it is a cultural thing. Still, as I find ranch on pizza to be a general crime against pizza, I vote that we form an angry mob.

Here in Italy, in my region of Lazio (central Italy) we have ''Pizza bianca'' which is more of a loaf of bread than actual pizza but still, we either eat it without anything or we open it foot-long style and put stuff inside, for example in Rome it's very popular mortadella to fill the pizza bianca or prosciutto which is ham but it's not cooked like ''American'' ham in fact we call it ''prosciutto crudo'' which means (at least partially) raw ham but I'm digressing, so I've seen some people (me included) putting mayo on Pizza bianca but the only use I've ever witnessed on ''classic'' pizza is at my local pizzeria where they sell square pizzas (it's a nation-wide thing btw) that you can choose and they'll cut a piece or two and if you want you can get different variants like Margherita (sauce and mozzarella only) and Potato for example, and they often have pizza with parsley, shrimps, tomato sauce and you guess it, mayo.

So speaking from personal experience I say that it's not too bad but it's also very uncommon and it's not like any topping goes well with mayo

Edited by TenenteZashu

People often dip pepperoni pizza in ranch, so I guess mayo is not too far off. But I would think ranch dressing would be the better option overall.

1 hour ago, Mayomancer said:

It's not like i always eat pizza with mayo on it, but i do like to put it on let's say, a pepperoni pizza for example, specially if it's seasoned or spicy mayonnaise. Most of the time i just put some olive oil and hot sauce on pizza. The thing is, when i mention i do that i get quite the strong reaction from people mostly against it, why is that? A lot of pizza places where i live even send some mayo with the pizzas they make, maybe it's a cultural thing?

What's your take on it?

i inject my pizza with my sperm and i cover it in nails, then i burn it to a crisp.

I can imagine mayo being a decent component of a white sauce (maybe with garlic bits and chicken as a topping,) but my main deal is

CHUNKIN that pizza into a pot of buffalo sauce and boiling that sucker SOGGY

Ok here me out. It really depends on the pizza. Mini-Pizzas are good to put mayo on but too much and it's not good. Oven pizzas really depend on the brand, sometimes it's better without. For the mayo side of this miracle whip is disgusting and tastes like acid unless it's on a good sandwich. Hellmans real is the way to go, I can put Hellmans on alot of things. Same goes for Heinz seriously good. At the end of the day it's up to you to decide what works or not. Mayo can make for a great dip if you use the right kind and use the right food. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

5 minutes ago, Doom Factory said:

For the mayo side of this miracle whip is disgusting and tastes like acid unless it's on a good sandwich. Hellmans real is the way to go, I can put Hellmans on alot of things. Same goes for Heinz seriously good

Yeah i'm also not sure what type of mayo people refer to, i almost always get heinz since it's not as strongly flavored or acid as some others, and mix it up with some spicy shit. Also any pizza on the greasier side doesnt go well with it, i think some people picture it as some fatty greasy mayonnaise hell and it's not nearly that bad imo

This thread needs to be nuked from orbit. It's the only way to be sure nobody tries this insanity.

Disclaimer: This is not a serious reply. Thank you. (For those that needs it)

Edited by Thermal Lance

Huh... I’d never thought of using mayo on a pizza!

It’s pretty much always tomato or BBQ sauce that are the commonly used ones here.

However, I might have to give it a go as imagine it wouldn’t be too hard to come up with a tasty gourmet chicken and mayo pizza :-D

3 minutes ago, Thermal Lance said:

This thread needs to be nuked from orbit. It's the only way to be sure nobody tries this insanity.

People like what they like. How do you think new foods get invented?

1 minute ago, Doom Factory said:

People like what they like. How do you think new foods get invented?

People are not always serious on discussion forums.

I love pineapple on pizza, I know that makes me a Heretic, but mayo is too far for me personally.

2 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I love pineapple on pizza, I know that makes me a Heretic, but mayo is too far for me personally.

Actually love pineapple and I love pizza but the two should never meet

Maybe I'll dip the crusts in garlic mayonnaise if I'm really hungry, since that's literally just bread. But actually putting it anywhere on the pizza with the topping on it? Prepare to burn, heretic.

1 minute ago, Thermal Lance said:

Pineapple does belong on pizza. But, the only time I'd ever consider mayo is if I am high as a kite and didn't eat for a whole week.

I've never been THAT high

My 2 cents now that the pineapple wars have begun:

My personal favorite pizza is topped with pineapple, pepperoni, red onion, and banana peppers- I don't like pairing pineapple with ham, oddly enough.

Gotta dip said pizza in a side of buffalo sauce though. One time I mixed mayo in with the buffalo sauce and it was pretty good, but I prefer just buffalo.