Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayomancer

Does Mayonnaise belong on pizza?

6 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone spreading mayonnaise on pizza. What compelled you to try it?

This is a legit important question. I need to know what to avoid doing in the future.

24 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone spreading mayonnaise on pizza. What compelled you to try it?

It literally comes with the pizza where i live (southern brazil), most places send a little pots of aioli and/or mayo with hamburgers and pizzas lol

5 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

What about vegemite? ;)

Oh man, as much as mayo is going too far, this is going even further!

I'll eat pineapple ham pizza if it's made available but I've never ordered it.   I think it tastes good though.   I'm not touching mayo pizza with a 50 foot Spear of Destiny though!

I first time hear about this, to be honest, for me it doesn't sound that good and tasty. 

Some places where I buy by the slice have hot sauce and Ranch dressing you can dump on it. Using it in lieu or tomato sauce would be kinda nasty. 

Maybe as an additional condiment like Japanese mayo. 

Visualizing someone taking scoops of Hellman'e and slathering it across raw dough like marinara is horrifying. 

Mayonnaise belongs in hell. It is an abomination created by Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and Toby from The Office. It is the worst thing to happen to mankind. I don't even get the point. It's like the two nastiest things somebody could possibly think of mixed together in one soggy jar of fecal matter. I don't think it belongs on pizza, nor the planet Earth. 

I am extremely Caucasian and the idea of mayo on pizza still makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah, I don't like mayonnaise period, even on sandwiches. I'll eat miracle whip on a sandwich if I'm in the mood, but I generally just eat them bread, meat, and cheese. If it's a turkey sandwich, I'll toast the bread, add some miracle whip and some sliced tomatoes if I have them, just because turkey is usually so damn dry. But if I have a choice, I will never eat mayo, it tastes like thick creamy egg farts.

Pineapple on pizza, with Canadian bacon? That's just tasty. I don't get it often, but when I do, I really enjoy it. When I was a young lad I used to think the idea was disgusting, but when I was living with my Dad and Stepmom, she always wanted Hawaiian pizza, so they got one pizza that was half pepperoni, half Hawaiian; then another pizza for the kids with what they wanted. Well, one day I was hungry, and all that was left was the Hawaiian, so I heated it up, and it was delicious.

Mayo though, no, just no. I could see using ranch because of the marginal amount of spice in it, and the thinner consistency, but the egg taste, and overall texture of mayo is just a nope for me. 

To actually bake into a pizza, absolutely not.  But as a dipping sauce for the crusts, this works for me.  I also like going Belgian and using mayo as a dip for my fries, so dipping pizza crust into a blob of mayo isn't that far off.

I have noticed that Americans in particular have less fondness for mayo than Europeans.  But they have such utterly questionable taste in some things (brown sugar on mash potatoes?  Really America?) that I don't pay too much attention... :P

35 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I have noticed that Americans in particular have less fondness for mayo than Europeans.  But they have such utterly questionable taste in some things (brown sugar on mash potatoes?  Really America?) that I don't pay too much attention... :P

What the actual f#@k!!! Brown sugar on mash potatoes???

That sounds like the most discussing thing I have ever heard of and am almost certain there is a law against serving that! I think it’s called the Geneva Convention :-P

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

To actually bake into a pizza, absolutely not.  But as a dipping sauce for the crusts, this works for me.  I also like going Belgian and using mayo as a dip for my fries, so dipping pizza crust into a blob of mayo isn't that far off.

I'm an American, and have literally never heard of putting brown sugar on mashed potatoes. I live in the midwest, and that sounds like exactly where this would happen, so maybe it's a southwest custom (it's a big country) but I have never heard of this. Mashed potatoes call for brown gravy. If you don't have that, butter will do. I honestly have never heard of brown sugar on mashed potatoes.

19 hours ago, Salahmander2 said:

And I thought pineapple on pizza was revolting enough. Hell no.

And wait until you order a "cherry pizza" expecting it to have, dunno, cherry tomatoes, but instead it being topped with actual candied/maraschino cherries. True story.

Just now, Maes said:

And wait until you order a "cherry pizza" expecting it to have, dunno, cherry tomatoes, but instead it being topped with actual candied/maraschino cherries. True story.

I swear to god this thread might as well turn into "Things worse than pineapple on pizza" haha.

Why would you even think about that when the fair more superior Cream Cheese exists?

3 minutes ago, Maes said:

Like this?
 receitas-de-pizza-doce-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Like this?
 receitas-de-pizza-doce-1.jpg

At least that one is topped with chocolate, is effectively more of a sweet than a pizza and could get a pass as an unusual crêpe. The one I'm talking about however was otherwise "normal", having tomato sauce, cheese and bacon on top. You can only imagine how the combination tasted. And no, removing the cherries didn't help any because their taste had somehow permeated everything.

Cream cheese is nice, but on pizza? I'm skeptical that it wouldn't become minging after being in the oven for at least ten minutes.

2 minutes ago, Maes said:

The one I'm talking about however was otherwise "normal", having tomato sauce, cheese and bacon on top.

Sounds like something they would eat in California.

2 minutes ago, NoXion said:

Cream cheese is nice, but on pizza? I'm skeptical that it wouldn't become minging after being in the oven for at least ten minutes.

You either love it, or hate it. Cream cheese is a relatively popular topping here in Brazil, goes well with meat toppings. The most popular combination is Cream Cheese, Chicken Breast, and Bacon. I personally love it.
pizza-frango-bacon.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

You either love it, or hate it. Cream cheese is a relatively popular topping here in Brazil, goes well with meat toppings. The most popular combination is Cream Cheese, Chicken Breast, and Bacon. I personally love it.
pizza-frango-bacon.jpg

Honestly looks better than I thought. Like the cream cheese formed a nice crust, which I didn't expect. I'll have to give it a try if I ever find myself in that part of the world.

Talking about mayonnaise... I never understood all those "mayonnaise is bland shit for bland people" jokes in Wayan brothers movies, until those American brands finally crossed the Atlantic to continental Europe.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, AMERICAN MAYONNAISE FUCKING SUCKS! IT'S LITERALLY TASTELESS FAT IN A TUB!