Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Difficulty settings

Do you think there will be an easy medium and hard setting? If there was I would definately play hard all the way through or it wouldn't be doom! Besides being low on health and ammo makes it all that more scary

I assume, like before, there will be the usual five settings with their respective titles. Of course they might be worded a bit differently, like they were in Doom 64. But I'm sure id's more creative than "easy", "medium", "hard"...*cough*...don't have a "demonic" level of difficulty...gay...*cough*...

Duh, I'm retarded. Totally forgot about the 5 levels for doom 1 and 2. Ah I would suspect they'd do that again. In that case it would have to be Ultra Violence. Nightmare I just get raped in.

I dunno how they'd implement Nightmare mode in Doom 3. Because the type of gameplay that D3 offers is not the kind where the difference between UV and Nightmare is slightly faster monsters and their ability to respawn.

Old topic, has been discussed a lot before.

Anyway: I'd like the same five skill setting "names" for the skill levels and yes, I want five of them, not three - five settings provide many different ways to play the game (I sometimes like to do "experiments" where I try to do something crazy - then I start in the easiest skill setting to see if I can pull it off).

But I don't like the idea of respawning monsters. That is probably the only thing I liked better in Quake 1 - the Nightmare skill was hard but not too hard. The Nightmare skill in the old Doom isn't fun imho, just frustrating. I DO, however, like the respawn feature included but as a console command or something - just not implemented in nightmare please. I want to be able to have fun when I play the hardest difficulty level while still being challenged (UV doesn't challenge me in the original Doom 1/2 levels and I often find myself wishing that there was a middle-way between UV and Nightmare).