Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michniko

Week 1 of the Halloween 2020 Event has gone live.

This Week's Challanges:

>Complete 3 Missions

>Complete 1 Mission on Ultra-Violence or harder

>Complete Urdak

>Win 1 Match in BATTLEMODE

>Win 3 BATTLEMODE Matches

>Win 5 BATTLEMODE Matches

Can't wait to try out those Battlemode challenges, they look super tough!

EipXNAXXsAEMyEU.jpg

I noticed from last week and this week: they seemed to have cut down the total weekly challenges from eight to six (here's a link to the previous event's week 4 that featured eight missions like all the ones before it), and also now have three Battlemode missions that require successive counts of victory (1, 3, then 5 or 7). Previously, Battlemode missions required you only to either play as the Slayer or a specific demon for one or two matches each to complete them, or maybe win 1 general match at the most. Seems like they want players to spend more time in Battlemode.

Since the previous event's week 5, they've also seemed to have changed the focus of singleplayer challenges to require completing a specific map (Super Gore Nest last time, Urdak this time) or completing a number of maps (3 both times). I'll definitely miss being able to complete six challenges from a single Final Sin run...

Cultist Marauder looks quite sweet. I believe it was first seen as a concept art skin from the Doom Eternal artbook. Interestingly, most of these series 6 skins were also leaked about a week earlier - and the leak suggests there'll be an intermission series after series 6. This series 6 event will also end on October 29th - interesting to think that the DLC would be out for a week by then.

2 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

I noticed from last week and this week: they seemed to have cut down the total weekly challenges from eight to six (here's a link to the previous event's week 4 that featured eight missions like all the ones before it), and also now have three Battlemode missions that require successive counts of victory (1, 3, then 5 or 7). Previously, Battlemode missions required you only to either play as the Slayer or a specific demon for one or two matches each to complete them, or maybe win 1 general match at the most. Seems like they want players to spend more time in Battlemode.

Since the previous event's week 5, they've also seemed to have changed the focus of singleplayer challenges to require completing a specific map (Super Gore Nest last time, Urdak this time) or completing a number of maps (3 both times). I'll definitely miss being able to complete six challenges from a single Final Sin run...

Cultist Marauder looks quite sweet. I believe it was first seen as a concept art skin from the Doom Eternal artbook. Interestingly, most of these series 6 skins were also leaked about a week earlier - and the leak suggests there'll be an intermission series after series 6. This series 6 event will also end on October 29th - interesting to think that the DLC would be out for a week by then.

I also noticed the change in design for the challenges. Not sure why they made the shift from the "Kill 30 Enemies with Explosive Barrels" type challenges to these. If anything these are even easier, run through Urdak and Hell on Earth a couple times with infinite BFG ammo and you're done. 

The cosmetics are cool, it's always nice to see new meshes for skins. I definitely feel like there were a few missed opportunities with the Halloween theme but what can you do.

I suck at Battlemode, but I'm doing well with the Mancubus and Pain Elemental lately.   Today I played a match as the Slayer and quickly got slaughtered.   But then I won three out of four matches with the Mancubus.   With Mancubus his flame thrower with F really puts a hurt on if you get someone in a confined space.   Then with PE it's good to fly directly overhead and attack straight downward, using your soul shield with F when they attack you.   So I'll I think I'll go for the five wins.   I hope they bring back the other kinds of challenges though.

Five weeks from now is only October 29th.   I wonder if the next set will also have Halloweenish stuff.

EDIT: Got all 6 challenges.   Infinite ammoed my way through missions, but only abused BFG to speed through the first mission.   Fifth battle mode win was just by default.   Was getting slayed 0-2 and the Slayer must have disconnected.  Just got the funny bones skin.   Coming into the month I had 48,000 xp from boosters to immediately claim.   There's two master collections to get this month -- One starting with funny bones and the other with the Cultist Marauder.

Edited by Gokuma

Thanks for the heads up!  I forgot to participate in Week 5 of the last challenge.  I’m not looking forward to even *more* Battlemode challenges though.  Here’s hoping we can gain enough points to unlock everything without having to do that.  (And I also hope id doesn’t try to push UN difficulty again.)

2 hours ago, KainXavier said:

Here’s hoping we can gain enough points to unlock everything without having to do that.  (And I also hope id doesn’t try to push UN difficulty again.)

I'm not sure whether it will be possible to get all items by singleplayer only. I'm afraid not.

If I remember correctly the campaign/battlemode ratio was 6/2 in the beginning. Now it's 3/3.

Under the old stuff, I was getting everything by the 2nd week.   And apparently this one is six weeks long going all through October.  I saw it say 41 days left, though that conflicts with the Oct 29th ending date in the picture.

6 weeks = ending November 7th.  Not sure why it says the 29th.   One of them must be wrong and/or they have something special in store DLC wise.

Just finished this weeks challenges and only 1 reward is left. So it's still possible to collect all rewards by singleplayer challenges only :-)