Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Doom II - Hell Unleashed TRAILER OUT NOW!

This sounds awesome just based on the description. I know you're great with detail in your mapping, keen to play a beta or even see some screens whenever you feel ready to share 'em. Looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

This sounds awesome just based on the description. I know you're great with detail in your mapping, keen to play a beta or even see some screens whenever you feel ready to share 'em. Looking forward to it!

Screens are in the spoilers. When you let me map for RR2 i fell in love with the custom enemies and was a driving factor in jumpstarting this mod shortly after. 

I'm glad to hear it! Those screens are looking fantastic, gonna have a blast with this one once it's ready.

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I'm glad to hear it! Those screens are looking fantastic, gonna have a blast with this one once it's ready.

Thanks man! I should also throw out that the great Civvie11 gave me his dungeon intro to place as a secret!

A couple of months ago I looked for something like that. I had no luck. But now I see this.
I'll try it as soon as you release it, guys. Congrats for the project!

There is a Facebook page AND a Patreon campaign.........this appears to be a bit of a 'sleeper' right now, but trust me: I have a good feeling from what I've seen.

3 hours ago, Chipper35 said:

There is a Facebook page AND a Patreon campaign.........this appears to be a bit of a 'sleeper' right now, but trust me: I have a good feeling from what I've seen.

Ive been a little lax on the promotion. Once the demos out its game on

We have a HUD concept, although I feel the colors may need to be changed as it feels a little too "Fallout-ish" if anyone agrees with me on this?

unknown.png

4 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

We have a HUD concept, although I feel the colors may need to be changed as it feels a little too "Fallout-ish" if anyone agrees with me on this?

unknown.png

The green on the right is really distracting. I would tone it back so that it doesn't draw your eye away from the rest of the hud.

9 minutes ago, HQDefault said:

The green on the right is really distracting. I would tone it back so that it doesn't draw your eye away from the rest of the hud.

I thought the same as well. Good catch!

2 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

My hope is that this won't fall into the trappings that Knee Deep in ZDoom had. 

We as a team discussed the flaws KDIZD had and what we wanted to avoid.

Looks good, but I am concerned about one thing:

You have about twenty different kinds of humanoid enemies/soldiers. I can't imagine myself being able to memorize all of them, let alone quickly identify between them on the battlefield. One of the makings of a great custom monster is that the player can look at them and quickly identify how to react based on how the enemy attacks. As of right now, I think I would be confused.

19 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

You have about twenty different kinds of humanoid enemies/soldiers. I can't imagine myself being able to memorize all of them, let alone quickly identify between them on the battlefield. One of the makings of a great custom monster is that the player can look at them and quickly identify how to react based on how the enemy attacks. As of right now, I think I would be confused.

Thats a good concern to have. I think one of the most important aspects we focused on was introducing a few of these new enemies each level, and not trying to crowd the map with too many different types of humanoids as that would just be too overwhelming and dare I say overkill. You could expect to see the usual former human, shotgun guy and chaingunner as usual, and maybe say 1 map introduces the nailborg and smg guy and another introduces the flamezombie and zombie marine for instance. Some of our enemies and sub-bosses are even considered "1-2 timers" as you wont see them as often as you'd think. The time imp, ssg zombie and nailborg commando would be some examples. Our beta testers have given amazing feedback on this concern as well as and we have done great work on balancing these levels with the new enemies and new arsenal along the way.

So, I remember KDiZD had problems due to the fact that there was arguments on the ZDoom forums, the ZDoom IRC channel and Doomworld, and also that Community is Falling 3 is all about the drama that happened around that time, something about a leak and the fact that KDiZD had more than 1000 sectors in every map, apparently to CiF 3. Anyway, I hope this project goes very well, and I like how it looks.

7 minutes ago, Artman2004 said:

Will we be able to use the new zombie variants' weapons? Like the Flamethrower, Carbine, and Karasawa?

The carbine and karasawa probably not. The flamethrower is up in the air, although I feel we may implement it for mp only. Flames are known for having clipping issues, if someone was up to the task I'd be open to implementing it.

32 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

something about a leak and the fact that KDiZD had more than 1000 sectors in every map, apparently to CiF 3.

Map's 3 and 4 has over 5k sectors each so Idk if that's gonna piss off people, I would hope not. I did pass around a beta around some discords and uploaded videos on the facebook page as well. Im not too worried about a "leak". I knew there was drama behind the kdizd team because tsozd failed to finish for that reason. I also felt that the maps were being passed around to too many mappers in the project and that some areas were just a bit too "extreme".

20 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

Thats a good concern to have. I think one of the most important aspects we focused on was introducing a few of these new enemies each level, and not trying to crowd the map with too many different types of humanoids as that would just be too overwhelming and dare I say overkill. You could expect to see the usual former human, shotgun guy and chaingunner as usual, and maybe say 1 map introduces the nailborg and smg guy and another introduces the flamezombie and zombie marine for instance. Some of our enemies and sub-bosses are even considered "1-2 timers" as you wont see them as often as you'd think. The time imp, ssg zombie and nailborg commando would be some examples. Our beta testers have given amazing feedback on this concern as well as and we have done great work on balancing these levels with the new enemies and new arsenal along the way.

The Doom -1 project will include a trooper which combines the Nailborg and Shadow Trooper sprites. Once that project's released, please feel free to use these if you want to reduce the enemy count slightly :)

21 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I echo this concern. I also said this in another thread that custom monsters should have a defined role. If a Devil Imp is just an Imp with more health and damage there's no point for it to coexist with the vanilla Imp. Why does an SMG Zombie exist if it's like a Chaingunner? What's the difference between a Shade and a Shadow? I think it's good to ask questions like that. 

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

The Doom -1 project will include a trooper which combines the Nailborg and Shadow Trooper sprites. Once that project's released, please feel free to use these if you want to reduce the enemy count slightly :)

That'd be interesting to see. Please keep us updated!

16 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

I echo this concern. I also said this in another thread that custom monsters should have a defined role. If a Devil Imp is just an Imp with more health and damage there's no point for it to coexist with the vanilla Imp. Why does an SMG Zombie exist if it's like a Chaingunner? What's the difference between a Shade and a Shadow? I think it's good to ask questions like that. 

When you put it into perspective like that, I should probably cut a few. The SMG zombie exists because we're adding in an SMG based off the original boxart from Doom, not to mention that we've turned the chaingunners into literal minigunners(as well ditching the original chaingun on our end as well). As for the Devil Imp, Im glad you brought that up because we probably should either make him different in some form aside the afore mentioned or cut him out entirely, as well as one of the shadow demons.