Your favorite editor

What is your favorite editor?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite editor?

• Deth/Zeth
    • DeePSea
    • Wadauthor
    • Other

DCK 3.62. I may have to go to DOS mode to use it, but it's worth it. Besides, it only takes a few seconds to go back and forth anyway.

Ichor said:

DCK 3.62. I may have to go to DOS mode to use it, but it's worth it. Besides, it only takes a few seconds to go back and forth anyway.

Me, but I take about 3 minutes to switch between, and I have to keep restarting my comp. It's ok though.

The only editors I've used were DCK 3.62 and WadAuthor.

DCK likes to crash at random and sometimes lock up in the process and can be frustrating if you did a large number of editing, especially when you were so focused on what you did or doing and didn't think about saving. WadAuthor has its glitches and bugs here and there, but it doesn't crash as frequently as DCK does, so I choose WadAuthor.

WA all the way!

But you know this is just gonna start another flamewar :P

If we all mind our own buisness we'll be fine. Unless we WANT a flamewar, in which case I better take out my flamethrower:pppppppppp

DeePSea!

I voted for DETH, just to compete, for the poll asks without specifying what sort of editor it must be. I could have chosen "Other" for EDIT.COM, right? Or some nifty LMP editor...

Wad Author forever...
I can serious not use other editors... :)

I do the majority of my editing with WinDEU 5.2, but use DETH to add BOOM/MBF effects and triggers. I was weaned on DoomCAD, though.

DOOM Anomaly uses DeePsea, but puter keeps crashing when it tries and do anything, and it keeps getting a error and shutting down when it starts it up somethimes. :|

Don't people realise that
every time this question comes up
everyone seems to feel the need to
Prove how much better their
software of choice is
especially by slagging off the other options
almost always this leads to flaming.

I would never even express my opinion in such a debate.

:-)

DOOM Anomaly said:

DOOM Anomaly uses DeePsea, but puter keeps crashing when it tries and do anything, and it keeps getting a error and shutting down when it starts it up somethimes. :|

Four words, Anomaly:
REFORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE

Wadauthor. It's easy to use and very simple. The only drawback is the lack of sector drawing ability.

Ichor said:

That's the main reason why I don't use WadAuthor.

Well. I learned to use the split system fast, so it's not really a problem for me anymore.

The problem isn't so much making irregular sectors as it is trying to connect sectors together, especially if one or both of them have an odd shape. With a line draw feature, it would make things so much easier, and since it doesn't have one, I use DCK instead.

Also, it tends to crash a lot.