Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Clippy's new Doom 2 Map - "TOTES CRAZY" - give it a try! (better ending version now included)

Just now, Clippy said:

You spelled the name of my map wrong

WHAT?? i mean it was like hole.wad! i didnt even read the topic i didnt have time for that bullshit!

love

Zolgia

I liked this a lot!  It's always nice to find a map that's funny without being too cruel.  It has a lot of character.  I played on UV and got 100% kills, 96% items, and 5/12 secrets.  The berserk really helped with ammo conservation in the beginning and the BFG was obviously very helpful for the finale.

Other thoughts:

•  I tried a few times and never figured out what felt like a "good" way to play the opening.  Killing the cacodemons with the pistol felt tedious but it's what I ended up doing.  (I didn't notice the plasma rifle until later, maybe it's available from the start?)
  •  I enjoyed the fake exits until the room with the sky floor, after that it felt a little tiresome.
  • I had a lovely little stroll across some miles of pain sectors to a single health bonus.

I'll definitely check out some more of your maps!

31 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

WHAT?? i mean it was like hole.wad! i didnt even read the topic i didnt have time for that bullshit!

love

Zolgia

Oh man your video had me laughing my ass off

You could have waited until you had more time buddy

it was funny how strapped for time you were and at the start you're trying to figure out the auto aim controls

You couldn't have picked a worse map to play on short time with all those exits

My favorite part was at the end you were just like okay bye when you seen all the switches

Loved it

Ps I haven't had so much time to play but I'm going to continue your happy wad don't you worry

25 minutes ago, Salmon said:

I liked this a lot!  It's always nice to find a map that's funny without being too cruel.  It has a lot of character.  I played on UV and got 100% kills, 96% items, and 5/12 secrets.  The berserk really helped with ammo conservation in the beginning and the BFG was obviously very helpful for the finale.

Other thoughts:

•  I tried a few times and never figured out what felt like a "good" way to play the opening.  Killing the cacodemons with the pistol felt tedious but it's what I ended up doing.  (I didn't notice the plasma rifle until later, maybe it's available from the start?)
  •  I enjoyed the fake exits until the room with the sky floor, after that it felt a little tiresome.
  • I had a lovely little stroll across some miles of pain sectors to a single health bonus.

I'll definitely check out some more of your maps!

Thanks buddy

I'm not sure what the best way to handle the start is and I've seen some people try some interesting things

I personally like to try to run up and grab that shotgun and make the khaki demons fight the hell night

Take a good look at the beginning that plasma gun is something you can grab from the get-go shhhhhh don't tell anyone

that health potion was just me being a prick to those who like to gather 100% items haha

9 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Oh man your video had me laughing my ass off

You could have waited until you had more time buddy

it was funny how strapped for time you were and at the start you're trying to figure out the auto aim controls

You couldn't have picked a worse map to play on short time with all those exits

My favorite part was at the end you were just like okay bye when you seen all the switches

Loved it

Ps I haven't had so much time to play but I'm going to continue your happy wad don't you worry

hhahaah im glad you liked it^^

no rush m8! no rushhhh

Well, I get why most of the people are kinda upset with the exit prank (now removed?), but I can honestly say I laughed my ass off almost the entire duration of the procedure, I was wondering the whole time, how far has clippy gone with this? just hilarious.

Dont you ever delete the original version!

1 minute ago, Soulless said:

Well, I get why some most of the people are upset with the exit prank (now removed?), but I can honestly say I laughed my ass off almost the entire duration of the procedure, I was wondering the whole time, how far has clippy gone with this? just hilarious.

Dont you ever delete the original version!

Haha thank you

I'm going to keep both versions always available in my opening post

For the patched version I just replaced the first red brick wall skull exit switch with a proper exit tag

so now people can choose which version to play and if they choose the original they're not allowed to get mad at me 🥴

Trying to find the exit while the music is on it's apogee. Really funny. Descent into insanity and beyond. What where you thinking? 

6 minutes ago, Argenteo said:

Trying to find the exit while the music is on it's apogee. Really funny. Descent into insanity and beyond. What where you thinking? 

Oh dear, so Clippy has created a new Wad huh? Well, it was no wonder what kind of content the entire wad was going to bring with it, I mean, if you've played any of his other wads like Fortress of Secrets or 2 Cyberdemons well, you already get the idea about the things that this guy will include in his maps, but hey, focusing on what the wad has been, hmm... I would say it has been quite entertaining, and intense too, with all those enemies on screen, from the Hell Knight, the Barons of hell and Mancubus, to include the vast majority of the Archviles, all those damn Archviles who were positioned in special areas to screw you really ugly, not to mention that most of them came included with Revenants to make the situation even more intense than normal, the good thing at least about all this, is that, both the shotgun and the cell weapon, have a certain amount of ammunition in abundance, therefore, already take care of said enemies is not too much Problem, hmm... at least in areas with some limited space to not allow the archvile to escape the shots, but also being in a place to take cover when that bastard wants to burn you alive. The inclusion of the Cyberdemon in the part where the last room is opened to explore is really tense, the space being a little small for the combat against that big man, but the good thing is that you can go to cover in one of the rooms with keys of colors. And to finish I will only highlight two things, the first, the room where it is practically all a toxic soil trap, well, that room really was unnecessary for the mere fact of including a miserable bottle of health bonus, if your idea only It was to make an extension to the map with a somewhat mediocre exploration like this, well, you have achieved it, I am aware that the medicine cabinets and the spheres are throughout the level, but come on, it is not necessary to make unnecessary runs for "prizes" such as Those, at least the part where there is a small rocket elevator is better than the other mentioned, and the second is the fact of the secrets, since, most of the secrets in this wad, were interesting to discover, like the Cell weapon hidden at the beginning of the level, the cell packages in that cage that were accessed by shooting one of the designs of a wall in that area, which the other part would go down quickly to prevent you from shooting the other switch I had inside, or best of all, discovering the Berserk and the chainsaw in really strange places, just to give a few examples. In conclusion, it is an intense map, a lot if you are new to the game, but at the same time entertaining, and in what way the wad entertains you, without a doubt, another experience enjoyed in the Clippy style, torture and entertainment in a single wad.

Screenshot_Doom_20200930_071730.png.a5c111b9352eb5dcf0a30df48176f3b6.png

@ElPadrecitoCholo thank you so much for the glowing review 😃

Yeah that singular health potion at the end of the hallway was just me being a jerk for those who like to get 100% items haha

But these are the kind of maps I like to make. Have fun hiding secrets and even non-secret areas throughout the map

This was just a spontaneous map that I just decided to randomly make. It's when they turn out the best. I just drew that big starting pit room and kept adding to it

@Clippy You're welcome Clippy, I feel like I'm very excited to be writing all that for a map of yours, haha

6 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Yeah that singular health potion at the end of the hallway was just me being a jerk for those who like to get 100% items haha

Huh, it even seemed strange to me to think that you had done it consciously to lengthen the level in an ugly way, I should have guessed that you only did that as a joke for people who want to have everything completely, as is the case with Items, which almost nobody manages to have 100%, interesting move, Clippy

10 minutes ago, Clippy said:

But these are the kind of maps I like to make. Have fun hiding secrets and even non-secret areas throughout the map

Curious and fantastic at the same time, which I can also apply with the third text you wrote hehe

I finally had time to play!
Audio is not the best for the commentary, but the action is all there!

lol thanks @Steve88

Always love your Youtube thumbnails

Sorry about that Archie on that lift! 

I was interested in your strategy of running to the plasma gun room to fight the 2 archies + revenant - I never considered or saw someone try that before

Good times