Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpammerMike

Spider Mastermind Question

Vulg@r said:

I haven't been able to see the chaingunner. Does he still seem to be of African-American descent? Not that I mind..I'm just curious. Or are you not privy to share that info, since it's from the alpha? :)

The chaingunner looks like this. Although this is a picture of one of those marines with extendable arms, they look almost exactly the same, apart from the arms.

He should have loads of weapons and use all of them at the same time :) That'd cause some sweat, making people have to use all different dodging tactics at once

chilvence said:

He should have loads of weapons and use all of them at the same time :) That'd cause some sweat, making people have to use all different dodging tactics at once

Nah, that'll be too much like fighting a bot imho. I'd prefer enemies to have their specific type of weapon - that'll give them a particular set of characteristics.

I agree -- it's like they say, Doom III should be revolutionary without messing with the original recipe too much.

How about zombies that can pick up weapons dropped by someone else and use them until they run out of ammo, maybe even rocket launchers? For a little comic relief, have them pick up an empty gun and then try in vain to get it to fire. Right about then, his head gets blown off, heheh.

Ichor said:

How about zombies that can pick up weapons dropped by someone else and use them until they run out of ammo, maybe even rocket launchers? For a little comic relief, have them pick up an empty gun and then try in vain to get it to fire. Right about then, his head gets blown off, heheh.

Hmm, if it wasn't because Doom 3 focused on scare factor, I would be positive towards turrets that former humans can rush to operate - but that would give the game too much of a war atmosphere, so I'd rather save that one for Quake 4.

I don't mean turrets like in Half-Life (those things were annoying). I mean your basic weapons lying around. For instance, you have a zombie that chasing after you, albeit slowly, trying to grab you or whatever. You get a brief glimpse at a dead marine in the corner, but you really don't pay much attention because you're too busy trying to kill the zombie. As you make your way into a narrow hallway, you hear the zombie footsteps stop suddenly and all is silent for at least a half minute. You cautiously peer back into the room only to see the zombie picking something up from around that dead marine. Although covered in dried blood, you can still make out what he just picked up, and you begin to worry.

The zombie has a chaingun now...

^^no-brain zombie should have only one purpose;To kill the marine;they should not be distracted by other choice of weapons .Of course,some extra intelligent zombie`s idea seems cool too(this idea came from IMjack`s post in DOOM3 new monster threrad).This smart zombie should bemore toughter,more smarter and ablility to pick up weapon.Of course they should be found rarely.Possibly only be founded in later level.

Yes, intelligent zombies should be the only ones interested in guns. At first, the zombies should be stupid and disorganized. However, as the game progresses, they begin to show some signs of a higher intelligence controlling them as after killing dozens of big, lumbering oafs, one or two of them reaches for a shotgun.

I still don't like the idea - it's exactly like having former human troops having multiple weapons available to them which kinda kills the specific characteristics given to them and it'll be a little more like having bots in the sp game.
It reminds me of the armoured Skaarj warriors in Unreal and I'm not too fond of those because they're just like bots so that when I did get around to playing deathmatch against bots I was like "duh, this is almost like the single player game, boring!"

So no, I'm against that idea.