Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SpammerMike

Starcraft Marines

This is kind of a commentary, but add anything you like to it. When I played Starcraft and the add-on, I was treated to several FMV sequences as the Terrans (humans, to those who haven't played the game). They portrayed the space marines as drunkard hillbillies that got their jollies off slamming beers and crushing the cans against their heads. That really pissed me off...it mocked the noble lineage of the "Doomguy" (I repeat...I will NOT use "Flynn Taggart"...the name is like feces in my mouth). I thought that was bunk.

Starcraft "canon" will have you believe that all of those "marines" are criminals brainwashed and forced to serve. So no loss.

I understand the "hillbillies in space" thing comes off even stronger in SC: Ghost.

IMJack said:

Starcraft "canon" will have you believe that all of those "marines" are criminals brainwashed and forced to serve. So no loss.

Yes, The marines and Firebats are former criminals that were taken in and trained as privates(marines) and Corporals(Firebats). So they can afford to throw them around at will.

SpammerMike said:

That really pissed me off...it mocked the noble lineage of the "Doomguy" (I repeat...I will NOT use "Flynn Taggart"...the name is like feces in my mouth). I thought that was bunk.

Huh???
None of those marines look like the Doomguy.