Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bnabradi

Mod idea: Ultimate Doom/no rest for the living Midi Pack

Seeing as Plutonia, Heretic: SOTSR and Hexen DOTDC had their own custom midi pack, i thought it would be a good idea, for all those talented composers to make custom Midis for Thy Flesh Consumed (also the levels from EP3 that reuse music) and NRFTL in the same vein as those mentioned projects.

EDIT: the master levels could be considered too.

Edited by bnabradi

I’ve always wanted to make a MID THE WAY ID DID project.. with MIDIs that would be attempting to mimic the simplicity, moodiness and occasional barebones classic rock/classic metal type riffs found in the OG Doom and Doom2 soundtracks. This has reminded me to maybe get serious about it at some point..

I've had the idea of a "D2TWID MIDI Pack" in my head for a while now, maybe that could be a thing eventually, Doomkid. Sounds a fair bit like what you would want to accomplish.

Whilst the lack of original music of Thy Flesh Consumed does not bother me, I do agree No Rest for the Living sorely would need a brand new MIDI pack. Heck, there are three songs used twice in such a short episode of nine levels.

Also, as far as I am concerned, Evilution would be another good candidate for such an initiative (both The Ultimate Doom and Doom II are fine as they are, in my opinion), in order to deduplicate its songs, and get rid of the songs reused from Doom II.