Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldschoolgeek32

How do I create a simple lift in Doom Builder 2?

Question

Hi there. I am currently developing a wad and I was wondering, how do you create simple lifts in doom builder 2? I am still quite new to doom mapping so I am quite amateur when it comes to more complex stuff like lifts. I use (Doom in Zdoom Format) in Doom Builder 2.

What are some recommended tutorials, advices??

Any response and advice is much appreciated! :)

Thanks! :)

2 answers to this question

I'm sure there was a tutorial, but it's really simple. Everything that happens in Doom happens because of linedefs. So your course of action would be the following:

1. Draw a sector for your lift. Put floor on the level where lift should raise to when appropriate.
  2. Select lines that should control the lift.
  3. Make sure the tiny notch points to the direction you plan to stand in when calling the lift, if not select line and press F to flip it.
  4. Open linedef's property, give it a tag and an action (Sorted under lift, in your case it would be SR Floor lower, wait, raise)
  5. Open properties of the sector and give it the same tag. The sector is now lift.

13 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm sure there was a tutorial, but it's really simple. Everything that happens in Doom happens because of linedefs. So your course of action would be the following:

1. Draw a sector for your lift. Put floor on the level where lift should raise to when appropriate.
  2. Select lines that should control the lift.
  3. Make sure the tiny notch points to the direction you plan to stand in when calling the lift, if not select line and press F to flip it.
  4. Open linedef's property, give it a tag and an action (Sorted under lift, in your case it would be SR Floor lower, wait, raise)
  5. Open properties of the sector and give it the same tag. The sector is now lift.

Thanks! This Helped A lot! :) Thanks again!!!!