Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belphegor

Doom belphegor edition (demo, 4 maps)

It's a 4 map demo, the original would have 8 maps. So, ladies and gentlemen, The Doom Belphegor Edition Demo is now available, if you find any mistakes then let me know, for now I'll be a retired mapper but I'll resurrect after 4 years

Doom-Belphegor-Edition(1).rar

Tested them in gzdoom and zdoom. I believe it'll also work in prboom, chocolate doom, doom retro. I apologise for late response, here are the screenshots:

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-22-22-490_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-22-33-786_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-23-27-680_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-25-30-621_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-27-03-051_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-27-41-921_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-35-08-496_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-36-08-655_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-37-06-609_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-38-45-266_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-31-31-332_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-40-21-567_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-43-19-937_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-43-45-963_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-45-06-477_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-48-18-864_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-45-48-220_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-43-57-189_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-52-02-845_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-52-40-769_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-52-58-811_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-53-32-736_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-56-03-023_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-56-11-573_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-56-50-037_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-53-53-420_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-54-55-211_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-09-57-33-743_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-10-03-48-078_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-10-04-08-888_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-10-04-48-791_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-04-10-05-30-776_com.opentouchgaming.deltatouch.jpg

Doom belphegor edition

Ultra-violence mode || GzDoom || Combined arms: Gaiden mod

Map 01:

*Deaths: 0
*Saves: none

1930565498_gzdoom4-10-202016-34-29.avi(0_07_46)000005.png.d503d2e8bae11dee6b7d213f27b8a04c.png

A certainly short map, but with considerable difficulty, despite being using a mod to play the Wad, things really made things difficult for me due to the fact that there were enemies with extremely greater defense, as is the case of the mancubus, hell knights, or even Archvile himself at the end, I also like the structure that this level had, without a doubt it was a very good impression to start the slaughter that is coming.

Map 02:

2058357176_gzdoom4-10-202016-34-29.avi(0_22_08)000007.png.6cb64f5be40e6bb47d247e965db0a0da.png

Well, who was going to say? Second level and things have already started to get a bit raw, to begin with, we have an area completely made of toxic soil, the truth is that at this point I am not surprised by that kind of things for so many Wads who use it, but at least it was worth it to have run that little road there to have the precious BFG 9000, and well, despite having lost some health and armor, they were totally worth it, although that was something difficult the fight that there was with a cyberdemon that appeared in a place where there were enough hitscanners in the area, I spent almost all the ammunition of my other weapons and lastly I left the BFG, heck... it cost such a sacrifice but at least It served to kill him at the end of the day, although before that, he had also murdered an Archvile who was with hitscanners... I really hate that bastard, and finally, one of the secrets did leave me in great confusion for having enemies and areas that seemed to carry to closed roads, at least until having found a baron of hell to know where he had to go next, and it is appreciated that he managed to get the backpack at this level.

Map 03:

245942008_gzdoom4-10-202016-34-29.avi(0_42_16)000008.png.3346e3b87794b77aa33a602bd39efc88.png

This map, at first I thought it was one of those levels that you would only have to look for the key between a maze of rooms and doors, with dead ends, and everything else, and the truth... is that it ended up being the opposite of what I was waiting for, because it turns out that, apart from having a certain difficulty where you should go for the blue key, the truth is that it becomes extremely confusing for not knowing where to go, with which, I was wondering for several minutes, figuring out how to finish the level, or continue later, since I already had the blue key with me, but nothing... and it would not be until I realized that I only needed to press the red key switch to To open a door for me, thus enter to be in the middle of several enemies to fight, at least after that, I only had to go in search of the exit of the level, between turns and turns, finally being at the last door, when lowering it, problems again, a Cyberdem on hindering my way, that after a few minutes I managed to win, although that if, to my bad luck, I could not discover a secret here... But the map/level is very nice, dude.

Map 04:

*Deaths: 2 (1. Killed by Cyberdemon; 2. Killed by Shotgunner)

Screenshot_Doom_20201004_202646.png.4e1b58cf5c5d4e32a33b590600df37f0.png

If previously I was complaining about the fact that the previous map had certain confusing areas, that is because I had not played this last map, and the truth is, it is still more confusing than the previous one, surpassing it considerably, since here the areas are they become quite similar and placed in certain random parts that... adding to the fact that there are teleporters, it also sends you to the beginning of where it all began, or in another part that you have already been before, I must also mention that this The area is much more treacherous than the previous one, since, first there is a Cyberdemon in a reduced space, second, there is a group of enemies also in an extremely narrow position, at the beginning of the map Imps and Hitscanners appear everywhere, there are many revenants on this map, you can also find another Cyberdemon outside of that base, small areas "Slaugthers" are seen with both Imp and Hitscanners that are in various areas, including I have one with a really open space, and finally, a Spider Master Mind at the end of the map. In conclusion, really enjoy this set of maps, they are very entertaining and if they make you very aware of any danger that arises anywhere, it was still very enjoyable to play the entire Wad, excellent work with this, friend.

i didnt enjoy this, i didn't enjoy the doom 2 "reimagined" rooms, i didn't enjoy the lifts, but mostly i didn't enjoy grabbing keys before seeing the doors they were for. In general i didn't enjoy. Sorry, just my opionion though :)

8 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

i didnt enjoy this, i didn't enjoy the doom 2 "reimagined" rooms, i didn't enjoy the lifts, but mostly i didn't enjoy grabbing keys before seeing the doors they were for. In general i didn't enjoy. Sorry, just my opionion though :)

@Zolgia108 Without a doubt you must have had a horrible time in each of the levels, right?

8 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@Zolgia108 Without a doubt you must have had a horrible time in each of the levels, right?

why in italic? do you need to be noticed?

By the way, no, maps were pretty okay in terms of difficulty, i mean i didn't like them in general, i recorded them but i think i dumped the video. That wasn't the main issue though. I think that combat was completely random, then i the switches to open doors (which were lifts?) were very annoying, then i got confused multiple times by the fact that i took keys before seeing the door. And last but not least, in map 2 there is an underhalls room and in map 3 ( i think) there is the outdoor area from the gantlet, but yea in general i didn't have a great time but i guess it is normal to have an opinion right? :) have a nice day italic man

10 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

why in italic? do you need to be noticed?

@Zolgia108 First of all, yes, I use italics because it is already a habit for me since I was several years in a social network, also, does it affect you in something that uses italics?, And if I wanted to "need attention" as you say, would How am I supposed to win with that? That I understand, we are all treated the same, no one is valued more, but no user is valued less, bruh

18 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

By the way, no, maps were pretty okay in terms of difficulty, i mean i didn't like them in general, i recorded them but i think i dumped the video. That wasn't the main issue though. I think that combat was completely random, then i the switches to open doors (which were lifts?) were very annoying, then i got confused multiple times by the fact that i took keys before seeing the door. And last but not least, in map 2 there is an underhalls room and in map 3 ( i think) there is the outdoor area from the gantlet, but yea in general i didn't have a great time but i guess it is normal to have an opinion right?

In short, your game was totally screwed up because of how much more things you found along the way.

22 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

have a nice day italic man

Thanks for the nickname, a nickname like that really comes in handy, and still have a very good day.

4 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@Zolgia108 First of all, yes, I use italics because it is already a habit for me since I was several years in a social network, also, does it affect you in something that uses italics?, And if I wanted to "need attention" as you say, would How am I supposed to win with that? That I understand, we are all treated the same, no one is valued more, but no user is valued less, bruh

In short, your game was totally screwed up because of how much more things you found along the way.

Thanks for the nickname, a nickname like that really comes in handy, and still have a very good day.

man i didn't screw up anything you misunderstood, i was just saying that i didn't enjoy the maps, just that. When somebody doesn't enjoy a map it doesn't necessarly mean that it's because he died, maybe he just didn't like to play them ;)

You are welcome for the nickname, now you are really someone prickly boy :P

@ElPadrecitoCholo I'm curious about this mod that you're using

Whatever it is maybe it's making the gameplay easier for you

Some kind of cartoon hammer?

Wondering if you would have a same experience without some kind of enhanced mod

As you can see from my videos there was quite a few struggles and hurdles. 

I find it hard to believe you've only ever died twice doing a blind run on these maps

13 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@ElPadrecitoCholo I'm curious about this mod that you're using

Whatever it is maybe it's making the gameplay easier for you

Some kind of cartoon hammer?

Wondering if you would have a same experience without some kind of enhanced mod

As you can see from my videos there was quite a few struggles and hurdles. 

I find it hard to believe you've only ever died twice doing a blind run on these maps

Looks like treasure tech, I could be wrong.

I also agree with @Zolgia108, the maps could use some work.

@ElPadrecitoCholo You can use italics if you want, but tbh I usually skip over your posts because walls of italic text are hard to read.

38 minutes ago, Clippy said:

That guy always boasts about how he doesn't use saves or how great he is at Doom

Wowowowow, are you kidding @Clippy?, I really have no intention of highlighting what has been being very good at Doom, or the fact of not saving a game at any time, to begin with, because I determine it first depending on the map or Wad that I am playing, and by the levels that it has, and even by the extension or length of the mapping during the entire game, from there I determine if it is possible to pass it in a single run, or make saves that, I am also aware that if a level is really difficult, I resort to save so I don't have to swallow the whole start again, and so on.

38 minutes ago, Clippy said:

but you can always see in a screenshot that he's using some kind of advanced play mod

Look, first of all, I don't have as many powerful mods as you think, at most maybe only 3 or 5, and none of those mods are from PillowBlaster (Trailblazer, Guncaster, Russian Overkill), and the ones I do have, they look totally different in what is the shape of the weapons or even in the details that they come to have, but I am just as aware that, if I used them, in the counter of the marine's health bar, when using a Soulsphere or Megasphere, This would not go down at any time, making things easier for me, but it is not like that, instead, I only use aesthetic mods, which only improve the weapons visually, or with the enemies as well, but from there on, I do not they favor the game at all, and it would be like playing it in its default version. Also, in case you think that among those mods I have the Smooth Doom, Beautiful Doom, or even the final Doomer, well no, I have none of those, because I am not Biodegradable, the one I use the most is by a colleague of mine who makes mods Only for vanilla as an aesthetic and nothing else.

17 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

man i didn't screw up anything you misunderstood, i was just saying that i didn't enjoy the maps, just that. When somebody doesn't enjoy a map it doesn't necessarly mean that it's because he died, maybe he just didn't like to play them ;)

You are welcome for the nickname, now you are really someone prickly boy :P

@Zolgia108 Oh well I apologize for misunderstanding, in that case Zolgia, haha, and I don't think I look like a cactus to look prickly xd

3 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Wowowowow, are you kidding @Clippy?, I really have no intention of highlighting what has been being very good at Doom, or the fact of not saving a game at any time, to begin with, because I determine it first depending on the map or Wad that I am playing, and by the levels that it has, and even by the extension or length of the mapping during the entire game, from there I determine if it is possible to pass it in a single run, or make saves that, I am also aware that if a level is really difficult, I resort to save so I don't have to swallow the whole start again, and so on.

Look, first of all, I don't have as many powerful mods as you think, at most maybe only 3 or 5, and none of those mods are from PillowBlaster (Trailblazer, Guncaster, Russian Overkill), and the ones I do have, they look totally different in what is the shape of the weapons or even in the details that they come to have, but I am just as aware that, if I used them, in the counter of the marine's health bar, when using a Soulsphere or Megasphere, This would not go down at any time, making things easier for me, but it is not like that, instead, I only use aesthetic mods, which only improve the weapons visually, or with the enemies as well, but from there on, I do not they favor the game at all, and it would be like playing it in its default version. Also, in case you think that among those mods I have the Smooth Doom, Beautiful Doom, or even the final Doomer, well no, I have none of those, because I am not Biodegradable, the one I use the most is by a colleague of mine who makes mods Only for vanilla as an aesthetic and nothing else.

Too much italics, didn't read. But that gameplay mod you are using in the screenshots is certainly not just an "aesthetic" mod.

On 10/4/2020 at 1:16 AM, Belphegor said:

Tested them in gzdoom and zdoom. I believe it'll also work in prboom, chocolate doom, doom retro.

Think again, pal!
You mapped in Hexen format.
Thats only compatible with zdoom base ports.

Just now, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Too much italics, didn't read. But that gameplay mod you are using in the screenshots is certainly not just an "aesthetic" mod.

Well isn't this awkward

I posted on the public forms by mistake and here I am caught with my pants down

Sorry if I offended I was just simply trying to say that any reviews you do make people seem like their maps are easier than you are based on these mods that you use

Try playing this again without any mods and see what happens

1 minute ago, Clippy said:

Well isn't this awkward

I posted on the public forms by mistake and here I am caught with my pants down

Sorry if I offended I was just simply trying to say that any reviews you do make people seem like their maps are easier than you are based on these mods that you use

Try playing this again without any mods and see what happens

Hey! You quoted the wrong person, man! I think you meant to say that to @ElPadrecitoCholo

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:
3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Too much italics, didn't read.

A new hero has come.

Hey! You quoted the wrong person, man!

Yep I have no idea how to use my phone

Oh my I got to log off for a while lol

1 minute ago, Clippy said:

Yep I have no idea how to use my phone

Oh my I got to log off for a while lol

i think i need an ambulance

4 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

i think i need an ambulance

Hey man, I think I'm going to start Happy today. Looks awesome, I've been waiting for the finished version.

@Belphegor your maps are a good start, and they don't look to ugly, you just need to work on the overall layout. I'll give a better write-up tonight.

Hey man, I think I'm going to start Happy today. Looks awesome, I've been waiting for the finished version.

the mod he is using (combined arms: gaiden something) is NOT aesthetic. Anyways, i am waiting for the next rejecting by idgames! if you want the downloadable version is complete, the only thing is that it has not been released yet :(