Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Trick and Tear - October Speedmapping (WAD OUT NOW)

Wow, I just played "The House" and it was really good! It has a super creepy atmosphere up to the end well done. I love these creepy atmosphere type maps so I can't wait to see what else people can come up with.

Great submisson to this speedmapping event,

short and sweet with a great use of the resources provided to create an unsettling and creepy atmosphere.

Oh, forgot to post my playthrough: 

Spoiler

On my discord we've received our second submission. There are 8 days left for this challenge; map away folks cause this month won't last forever!

Here's my submission:

Title: Atrocities In The Dust

Author: Lorenzo

Music: Deadwing - Shrine

Sky: HAZESKY1 by Mechadon

Format: UDMF

Difficulty Settings: None, but I might add them in a future update if there's need

The map has to be loaded with the Trick and Tear resources.

Screenshot_Doom_20201020_135806.png

Edited by Lorenz0 : removed download link

Cool map @Lorenz0, the starting area is a bit empty (probably time issues), but thats just me being picky. Action inside the castle was nice, quite a tight situation down that hole with the revenant and pinky twins. Final battle was good, nice usage of enemies I would say, those sonic lost souls are beyond annoying, glad you put only a couple.

Hilarious how I died asphyxiated by that green gas that propels the toxic pain elemental after I killed every monster, yikes!

Good one!

Map Name: Rigor
Author: Austinado
Music: Lost in the Ether by Jimmy
Sky: Orange Sky4 by @ptoing
Format: UDMF
Difficulty Settings: No..just UV.
Comments: I think the map can be a little bit harsh...the secret is Worth it...but a little hard to find out, i would apreciate some playtesting and feedback please.

Screenshots:

9XGGgEq.jpg

iu4pTwE.jpg

Download Here

@Austinado Had a quick shot of your map. I enjoyed it, nice little quick map of doom goodness. I enjoyed the yellow key and ending fights.

Did not find the secret but I did fine anyways.

Sorry, not the most detailed of feedback but it was a decent map with a good balance of monsters and ammo. Good stuff!

@Koume, just read the review...i could tell you about the yellow skull key..But thats a secret 🙃

Yeah that final area and the red skull key area could have been done better in gameplay..but..time..😶

Thank you very much for the review! Much apreciated!

53 minutes ago, Rapp0ng said:

@Austinado Had a quick shot of your map. I enjoyed it, nice little quick map of doom goodness. I enjoyed the yellow key and ending fights.

Did not find the secret but I did fine anyways.

Sorry, not the most detailed of feedback but it was a decent map with a good balance of monsters and ammo. Good stuff!

Thanks alot @Rapp0ng ;)

Quite a hardcore map @Austinado ! I Liked it, but not too much of a creepy/atmosphere, compared to the previous entries.

Since I saw your streaming mapping this one, wondered how would end that revenant room, and the exterior trite area.

Combat is tight, and ammo/health balance is good, but somehow progression was easy, yet unclear, (Soulsphere/blue switch as example).

I had a hard time finding the Yellow key secret, but found that sweet plasma hehe. Couldnt find the other two secrets.

Was fun buddy!

@Soulless thanks alot buddy, actually that is the only secret, i need to fix that...probably is more than one sector selected as a secret. My maps usually are simply on progression...is hard to make an atmosphere like the great previous mappers submitted..i tried with the music at least..that soulphere progression is mandatory...i tought it would be needed after facing those revenants...but it seems an failure as well. I hope you had a little fun at least! 

Cheers ;)

@AustinadoOh, I though the secrets were really well hidden haha. About the soulsphere thing, not a failure buddy, it is in fact much needed for those revenants, unless you have way too much confidence on your skills haha, just a bit rushed, maybe? But since is a small map, theres not much options to progress, I dont think anyone would get lost/stuck in the map really.

A privilege to playtest your map @Austinado

I'm not good at reviews, more like live action comments and boy did this map hand my ass to me, I didn't play so good tonight haha.. Lots of interesting fights though with those spiders and Archville etc. So many revenants hahah I have a lot of fun mowing them down with the beautiful one. I'm so glad I found that starting weapon ... eventually

Video still processing but I gotta go to bed - here you go

before i do anything can please   i know how to set up the wad file in gzdoombuilder due to it giving me errors and the closing the program   

Edited by DOOMTIME : i might have come off rude

Here's my submission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c96239fcnoqw6x/Sanatorium.zip?dl=0

Map Name: Sanatorium
Author: Weird Sandwich
Music: Wonder of the Wonder - La Mulana OST (NIGORO) - Note: This is in mp3 format, not MIDI. Is this allowed? It seems to work in GZDoom regardless.
Sky: OSKY22 by Ola Bjorling (Ukiro)
Format: UDMF
Difficulty Settings: Only UV
Comments: Tried to aim for a midpoint between gameplay and spooks... mostly because I don't know enough about scripting to set up any really good scares like RonnieJamesDiner excellent map. There are a few small things that I didn't get the chance to fix, but they should be out of the way enough to not be trouble.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

xfMm5qI.png

H1pAXyz.png

Another spooky fun map Atrocities In The Dust. Nice encounters and progression with a good final battle challenge.

My submission: zrecept.wad

Map Name: Undead Reception
Author: Pierrot
Music: "Beginning" from Super Castlevania IV by Masanori Adachi and Taro Kudo
Sky: none
Format: ZDoom (Doom in Doom format)
Difficulty Settings: no
Comments:
A haunted mansion, with a Castlevania music. Not really a horror map but expect intense battles through hordes of ghosts and zombies.

Screenshots:

kmdjt9f.png

cAr6aKr.png

Hp9JHS3.png

Edited by Pierrot