Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Billy Baron

Halloween 2020

Just go down to "The Point" to skip the boring introduction!

Well, another year has come and gone, and Halloween is here again. Halloween 2020. A lot has changed for us now with worldwide Coronavirus COVID-19 restrictions. And for Americans, we have to learn to become more civil and understanding as violence and riotting breaks out around us.
  With all of that aside, Halloween is possibly the best holiday of the year. Draculas and Wolfmans, things that go bump in the night. Mummies, Frankensteiners, Hockey Mask wearing psychos, and weird mid-western American towns that have chainsaw wielding madmen that cripple the night with fright. Huge hairy spiders, Witches, Goblins, who knows what we will see this year? It should be an amazing fun filled season, even with social distancing, face masks, and bobbing for apples.
 As I look back, I remember some of the good things like pumpkins you guys have carved up, Halloween movie marathons, scary costumes and face paint, and some really cool personal stories you've shared. It's been a real fun time up until now, a real bowl full of candy bars and lollies. And some religious pamphlets, too =)

The Point:
  So, what is it that you guys are going to do this year to spice up the Halloween season? Tell what you're going to do, or what costume you're going to wear; who you are pretending to be. Post your photo of your scary kitty, or Halloween decorations you make by hand. Share your scary story of a ghost you saw this year!

I hope to hear from you guys this year. If I don't Have a Real Happy, Safe Halloween in advance! Share it with some cool people and do something fun together, make it a real Hoot this year!

So far, I hope I get to watch a scary movie. I'm not sure if I'll see any neighborhood kids, but I hope so. Probably some people will invite me to a party because I'm such a hit with the zombies and ghost scene =)

I was up late the other night watching a scary ghost story, and I heard chains dragging in the hallway! My dog was on the other floor, so I knew that it wasn't his collar. Cool way to kick off this year with some real spook!

Happy Halloween 2020!

Halloween is like the satanist's Christmas. LoL

Not saying that only satanists celebrate it, I just find it as a funny holiday. The earliest Halloween I remember, I was Spider-man! I wasn't in school yet. next, I was that Phantom of the Opera guy with the mask, even though I had never seen the play. That was during Kindergarten. Next, I was an Angry Bird, then I was Darth Vader, Owen from the new Jurassic Park films, my dad (seriously, I dressed up as my father!), then that was it. I never really liked the holiday, But I still got to enjoy the candy, by stealing it from my sisters. 

They probably won't celebrate it this year, so we'll probably make brownies, and watch The Shining or something. It is a Saturday this year, so that means we will be able to stay up all night. This will probably be my favorite Halloween ever!

Stay home, grab some fast food for dinner, and play Animal Crossing New Horizon with my brother. I'm looking forward to the Halloween event for the game.

I always do Halloween right. Watch a lot of horror movies! I actually started early in late September, and this is what I have watched so far:

Deep Red

Don't Torture a Duckling

Basic Instinct

The Exorcist III: Legion

Gremlins 2

Here's some new movies I got for the occasion (I plan to buy more)

Return of the Living Dead 3

The Hunger

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (think that's the choice for tonight) 

A Nightmare on Elm Street set - the first 7 films

Doctor Sleep

Movies that I watch every year around this time - 

Halloween (of course)

Nightbreed

Angel Heart

In the Mouth of Madness

The Thing

Prince of Darkness

An American Werewolf in London

Re-Animator

Movies I've had for a while but have yet to watch - 

Ginger Snaps

The Serpent & The Rainbow

Cat People (1982)

Carrie (yeah I know, that one's pretty egregious to not have watched yet)

And yeah, plenty more, I'll be keeping busy. Also might look into getting some more horror literature. I did buy all three volumes of So Deadly, So Perverse - 50 years of Italian Giallo films which I plan to definitely go through properly, I have volume 2 and 3 but 1 is due to come in a few days. 

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Halloween is like the satanist's Christmas. LoL

I see it as more Christmas for cool people :p 

EDIT:  Post deleted before governor tries to arrest me!   ;P

Edited by Gokuma

I suppose this was inevitable:

51cHQm1NSsL._AC_.jpg

After all, not much else is very scary right now.

I'll put the black cat (it lights up) and the pumpkin (makes all sorts of sounds when it detects motion or a change in light level) by the front door, and probably not much else. The Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular is off this year. Don't get many trick-or-treaters here even in a normal year. The cats (the real ones, that is), will doubtless use their haunted house. And by "use", I mean destroy.

Next two weeks on my end will largely be spent tying up some loose ends and desperately trying to graduate.

Rest of the month, I'm gonna relax the fuck out of it.

I live in a pretty rural town in Australia - I don’t even know if any of the other inhabitants of my town, which is mostly populated by septuagenarians, know what Halloween is, let alone celebrate it.

I might make some cookies or cupcakes or something with orange dye and invite 2-3 friends over, if I really want to go wild and risky with it.

I octoween all year, a not hallober during this month.
Korean horror are the IN right now, horror that is not overused slasher chase, with a lot of social commentary and deep reflexive plot that left you with a different stroke of fear shivering down your spine.
The best i have seen so far is ''The Wailing''. Rural town stroke by a strange virus, that might be related with an stranger that recenlty come to town and rumors about him. Silly at first, with a lot of jokes and not so serious approach, and then gradually unfolds into a tour-de-force of sustained and chilling tension.

One of the best horror movies i've seen in a good while.
The best i seen before that is ''The Babadook'' and a lot of people seems to not understand it.

Edited by P41R47

3 hours ago, Grazza said:

I suppose this was inevitable:

51cHQm1NSsL._AC_.jpg

After all, not much else is very scary right now.

I'll put the black cat (it lights up) and the pumpkin (makes all sorts of sounds when it detects motion or a change in light level) by the front door, and probably not much else. The Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular is off this year. Don't get many trick-or-treaters here even in a normal year. The cats (the real ones, that is), will doubtless use their haunted house. And by "use", I mean destroy.

LOL, that mask.

7 hours ago, hybridial said:

So are you saying that you are a satanist? XD

I'll probably be handing out candy to the neighbor kids, and then settling down with Amnesia: Rebirth when everything gets quiet. I'm hoping for a frightfully wonderful Halloween, indeed. 

Australia never truly adopted Halloween, so it'll just be an ordinary Saturday for me. That being said, it's always been my natural state of being for me, so everyday is Halloween!

6 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Anything wrong there?

Regardless, I just spend some time watching or playing some horror themed stuff, and nothing more. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't celebrate almost anything, not even my birthday.

@hybridial Add Psycho and American Psycho to the list too :p .

Mister Bates.

We don't know no Halloween here. Not part of our culture, as we say it.

7 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Well, I watched Halloween III as I said, and ah, I didn't think it was great to be honest, but it does bring up the fact that Halloween has its roots in ancient Celtic religion, and the Satanists are so Johnny-come-lately. :P

16 hours ago, Billy Baron said:

So, what is it that you guys are going to do this year to spice up the Halloween season?

Same thing I do every year. Absolutely nothing!

15 hours ago, hybridial said:

Some excellent movie picks in your list. I need to re-watch The Thing and An American Werewolf in London at least.

Got a small stash of films to watch, some of which I've already seen.

• Shutter Island
  • Sleepy Hollow (1999)
  • Constantine
  • The Colony (2013)
  • Event Horizon
  • Tower of London (1939)

So I'll probably watch some films, scarf some snacks and maybe play some horror themed game. Don't plan on going anywhere.

I should have explained my original comment. when I said "Halloween is like the satanist's Christmas." I didn't mean that it is the satanic version of Christmas, I meant that Satanists celebrate the holiday like christmas.

@hybridial and @Biodegradable,

Interesting Samhain/Halloween(and all names in between) didn't take hold in Australia as a lot of Celts went or were sent there.   Well it was called New Holland before Australia.   Maybe the English and Dutch were just much bigger proportions of the population, and of course the English have a history of oppressing Celtic, especially Irish culture.

Relatively notable about this Halloween is that it's a global Blue Moon too. Last time this happened was apparently in the 1940s.

I'll be happily doing what I do every year which is watching movies. Usually I don't watch many movies throughout the year except the month of October, and then I only watch about five or six and that's a lot for me in a month. So far I've only watched the three Bill & Ted movies this year, and I did it all in the same day.

I also like to put weird restrictions on myself when watching films for Halloween. Last October was to only watch movies that I hadn't seen before from the 1970s like Eraserhead, Rosemary's Baby, Suspiria, Hausu, etc. The year before that I had planned to re-watch all the Halloween films, but ended up only watching the first and third ones about five times. This year my goal is to watch films made before 1940 like Häxan, The Phantom Carriage, Freaks, etc. but I might throw some Hammer films in the mix just because. I haven't even started watching anything though.

I don't do anything for any holiday except Halloween, and my only activities are watching old scary movies and carving pumpkins, but I love it!

Gonna dress up in my Ghostface costume and scare the hell out of people while handing out candy. 

1811.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

I normally go out and party, sometimes I get dressed up some others no, but even when I do it's normally fairly low-key stuff (last year it was just abusing face paint and a hoodie).. However, this year I'm scheduled to be on-call for work.. Still considering asking someone to exchange shifts at least for those 2 days (the 31st and the 1st), and then I'll find some plan, that must involve drinking and being outside.

Halloween is not much of a tradition here except for commercial stuff that started showing u a few years back, but the "dark-side people" (goths and metalheads) do normally celebrate it somehow, however, this year bars and discos are all closed so there won't be anything where we all can meet... Meaning it will either be the backyard of some friends or a bar of other friends (that will have to close at 1am)...

This Hallowe'en is probably going to be very quiet for me. In past years I'd dress up in a costume and participate in a local haunted house, but that hasn't happened in a long time. I live on a farm so we never get trick-or-treaters, and thus don't even bother to decorate our house.

This year is probably going to be rather quiet for me, I doubt anything's going to be happening in town given all the restrictions. I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I'll gladly watch any classic Hallowe'en specials that come on TV.

Halloween is my favorite Pagan holiday that we celebrate as a western culture. If it is not originally a Pagan holiday I'm sorry. I like it, because of the scarecrows, the autumn leaves and the colorful harvest produce. I see it as a time to celebrate the years harvest and to ward off the evils in the world.

Because of health issues, I cannot celebrate it like want to. Instead this year, before I play my first run of the Quake mod Underdark Overbright, I have focusing on all the Quake Halloween Jams. I finished HJ1 and I am currently playing my second run of my favorite maps in HJ2. I am eagerly waiting for HJ3 when it comes out. I have to say my 2 favorite maps in the pack are Here's and Comrade Beep's maps from HJ2. The Quake community has sure been putting out some impressive maps in the last 5 years.

I normally try to play Hexen sometime in October, because it was released on Halloween day, but this year I am playing Quake mods instead. Here's to a great Halloween for anyone who isn't struggling with health issue or complications with COVID.

This year's Monster Cereal is back. This year I got "Boo Berry", which completes my collection of Monster Cereals. Of the three, I think probably Count Chocula is probably the most popular, obviously because it's chocolate. I think Boo-Berry is probably the creepiest of the three...It's haunted, I say, HauNTeD!

boo_berry.jpg.8bc9d8a6c099226b936f6f543c98582d.jpgboo_berry2.jpg.71915967917eae7baf093220f2f6cc7b.jpg

There wasn't much Candy Corn for some reason this year, and the one I got was just a local store brand, nothing fancy.

stay sPOoKy!