Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lovin'TheDemonSlaughter

Wads that mainly take place in hell?

The first Threshold of Pain has mostly Hell maps, and they are excellent. The wad starts out in dark techbases and then moves to Hell for the remainder of the experience.

Also Eviternity has a great Hell episode. The episodes are pistol started so you can just jump to that episode if you're only interested in the Hell maps.

For single maps, Hurt and Bastion of Chaos have a nice hellish atmosphere. I'll update or bump when I think of more.

18 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The first Threshold of Pain has mostly Hell maps, and they are excellent. The wad starts out in dark techbases and then moves to Hell for the remainder of the experience.

Also Eviternity has a great Hell episode. The episodes are pistol started so you can just jump to that episode if you're only interested in the Hell maps.

For single maps, Hurt and Bastion of Chaos have a nice hellish atmosphere. I'll update or bump when I think of more.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, I'll check them out sometime

Survive in Hell has a good portion of maps themed in doom red textures and hell skies, with a little high difficulty if you're not familiar with the Hell Revealed family-tributes tree. If you are curious, skill levels are implemented, so choose wisely.

Incineration replaces Inferno in doom 1, mostly flavored like the original maps, easy-going gameplay if that's what you're looking for.

Garrulismo last chunk of maps (21-30) are worth looking at if you want doom 2 hell aesthetics and difficulty. 

KINDa should be appealing for the same reason as Garrulismo, as it has somewhat similar design choices. It's a very recent megawad and it was tested only in gzdoom. You can check this gallery of screenshots.

^Just redownloaded "After Doom".  There are now three maps, each taking place after the EXM8 final battles.  So now we get to go somewhere after fighting the Cyberdemon and Mastermind as well.