Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Is it a problem that I'm not interested in anything that's on doomseeker

I know this might be a pointless thread but Everytime I go on doomseeker an ide there is nothing I'm interested in like most people play mm8bitdm an clusterfuck just being honest I wouldn't mind clusterfuck mod that much if it wasn't played on survival  on co-op mode not survival of course I always have bad times with survival I never liked the idea of waiting to play doom not trying to hate on survival mode but it's annoying for me to wait usually I spectate though one level and the next level I'm still spectating it's annoying for me all tho not all survival is like that I had a good experience with zombie horde but I'm not sure about gvh or whodunit but if I can take a time machine to the past I would see Servers of mods like 

"Invasion"

"Co-op"

Good wads in general

Pretty much my only interested in multiplayer is Invasion and co-op I need help because I'm just going to be bored because nobody I mean nobody plays invasion nor hardly any co-op 

But this could be just my opinion yes thats true but the only thing I'm saying is that I wish there could be a server base around my favorite mods you may know my favorite mods by now but yeah if you have any questions about the topic just saying it

Edited by haruko haruhara

I agree. I've been playing DOOM multiplayer online since the early 00s, including Doom Connector. I miss doing simple FFA matches on solid dm wads like exec and dwango5. Quake 3 seems to still have a decent multiplayer community but Quake 2 and Quakeworld are dead.

Edited by beatdown : forgot part of my post

I still DM on Dwango5 and Exec on ZDaemon Zand and Oda beatdown, hope we meet in a match soon!

I agree with you, a lot of the shit I see on zdaemon is dead. I usually only see a coop server on there with more than 5 players on it, other than that, its like 3 ffa servers with one or two players. I wanna play ffa and get better at deathmatching but not have to do just a 1v1 with a guy whos fairly high up on the zdaemon leaderboards. But hell, Id like to play some coop, even with a mod or two. I also see a bunch of people still playing multiplayer (though on different server and even source ports) on doom to this day, which as a newcomer to the doom community, I like. It makes me think of how dedicated the doom community is to the game.

I miss the good old days when you could fire up ZDaemon and find hundreds or more players on FFA, TDM, and CTF servers. The awesome community on Doom Connector. I used to be on DC as sYk0, sYk0_frEak, and darkcmd.

Ah yes the annual "nobody plays what I want" thread even though you can easily get people to play what you want if you put in a bit of effort. Quit your whining and go play the game instead of the forums.