Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

[Hell Hound version 1.0 released for DZDoom, Doom64 EX and 2020 Remaster] Doom 64 Special Episode: Journey into Chaos.

I forgot all about this, I wasn't a huge fan of the exclusive Nightdive episode so maybe this'll be more up my alley!

EDIT: There was a post which I've answered, but now it's gone. LoL.

Edited by Dexiaz

Hello everyone, nothing new at the moment but I'm still working on the project with my bros, I know this has taken a while but there is also other projects ahead not only with Doom. In Dec 10 last year I shared on GEC's Twitter account the project has had a delay in order to improve maps and monster sprites as they have been redesigned again, looking similar but much better. There will not be more news after it gets done. If the project would be canceled (i doubt it tbh, this is looking very good) we would let you know. So if you ever wondered how the project is going, no worries. We're working on it unless we say otherwise.

EDIT: i would like to show progress but that would make much spoiler. Anyway, we really like how this is going. 

See you later. 

Edited by Gerardo194

Hi. Notice this is not the final helmet progress. The helmet has been finished now but not only that, also the full 3d model of the Doomguy is finished. Hope you like it 

Edited by Gerardo194

2 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Hi. Notice this is not the final helmet progress. The helmet has been finished now but not only that, also the full 3d model of the Doomguy is finished. Hope you like it 

Love it, it's got quite a charming 90's feel to it. Damn,  I miss those times. 

Hi @Rudolph. As the model is not part of the current mod I'm working on, would be for future days if possible. It's just like practicing/experoencing my skills to make 3D models. A hobby I really like. I have some other 3D models not related to Doom but other games or planned GEC games and projects if possible some day :) 

Edited by Gerardo194

On 10/5/2020 at 1:39 AM, Gerardo194 said:

Scavenger

tuj51rjanndrb35zg.jpg

Wait a min....i'm in this mod? lol i'm just yanking your chain, when i saw the name scavenger i was like "wait, i'm in it?"

Yes, you are in this project lol. By the way, that's an old design. The new design is much better and pixelated looks superb. New designs will be revealed when the project's polishing is finished. 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:01 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Yes, you are in this project lol. By the way, that's an old design. The new design is much better and pixelated looks superb. New designs will be revealed when the project's polishing is finished. 

Looks promising. Will this be compatible with GZDoom?

Glad to know that @MeinLeben4MomRus1945

I hope not to disappoint you when the project is finally done. 

Before that... I would be releasing the missing monsters for Doom64 I made. It will be a 1.0 version because I'm working on newer versions of them given I have earned more experience in making 3D models and taking back some designs I made long before I started this project. The missing monsters 2.0 will be released with Journey into Chaos mod. 

I know this has taken years but I was a noob at it and real life keeps me busy too.

Regards.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:30 AM, Gerardo194 said:

Glad to know that @MeinLeben4MomRus1945

I hope not to disappoint you when the project is finally done. 

Before that... I would be releasing the missing monsters for Doom64 I made. It will be a 1.0 version because I'm working on newer versions of them given I have earned more experience in making 3D models and taking back some designs I made long before I started this project. The missing monsters 2.0 will be released with Journey into Chaos mod. 

I know this has taken years but I was a noob at it and real life keeps me busy too.

Regards.

Indeed. Can't wait to try it out on Delta Touch.

With your showcase good sir I

will not be disappointed. Because you are doing good work on this.

Edited by MeinLeben4MomRus1945

I can already see this custom enemy making their way to other D64 maps/mods!

10 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Are there gameplay differences between the Demon and the Hell Hound?

Nope, there aren't . Anyone can make their gameplay differences if wished. If you know decorate or zscript, you can make those differences to happen. 

If you have read the read me file. You can read it runs on GZDoom GEC Master Edition, aka DZDoom, but you can run it on Doom 64 Ex and the 2020 Remaster. 

In the full sprite sheet contained in the zip, you will see unused animations anyone can use to add more to those gameplay differences.

Since the enemy doesn't have its own gameplay ideas, i can suggest some ideas for anyone who'd ever work with the Hellhound:

* you could make it similar to Pinky but faster/able to move sideways and with less health, like a slighty different off-shoot. (this sounds similar to how D64 are faster than their D1/2 version but fragile)

* a mid range flamethrower attack could work.

* a more complex/complicated idea i had is a Hellhound being able to "eat" corpses of other demons and gain health/speed buff based on the corse eating. this idea is inspired by the Gremlins from Quake but in their case, they eat corpses to produce copies while with the Hellhounds, i thought of them getting stronger through corpse eating.

These are just some ideas, anyone who actually makes real content and not just writing ideas can decide what to do with them. (in fact, you might have better ideas than i do)

edit: before the other monsters are completed, i could edit this post to bring up other ideas for them. (again, anyone can do it other ways and i'm just spitting ideas)

"Super" Cyber Demon:

* the obvious idea could be mixing the classic Mancubus fire pattern with the Cyberdemon's rockets.

* some mods who had this "double Cybie" idea (Complex Doom i think) give it an ability to shoot bouncing grenades.

* i think flamethrowers could work.

* maybe we could borrow some stuff from 2016/Eternal Tyrants like a "homing" floor fire thing or rockets landing on the floor.

* Reelism 2's El Tyrante has homing rockets that last for a while before falling into the floor. (even then, we could at least tweak these to be different from Revenant's homing rockets)

* IF there was a D64 spriteset based on the Harbinger of Doom, i'd like to imagine a Cyberdemon with 2 phases based around both "double Cybie" and "pre-tech Cybie" but this is getting a bit complicated and ambiguous.

* would planting explosive mines be too much?

Scavenger/HR Giger humanoid lady:

I always thought she could work as a "support demon", taking notes/being comparable to Arch-viles, Summoners and even Harvester from 2016 MP:

* i always thought this female demon could be a healer demon, restoring health for its demon partners. perhaps with some restrictions (having to be close to a demon, not healing the same demon twice, whether she's vulnerable while healing, HOW the healing is done if it's a "beam" like the TF2 medic or some "magic floors" like BattleMode does it)

* she could also self heal by stealing health from the player but it could be a telegraphed attack like the laser beam from 2016's Hell razer (maybe the beam could also be avoidable) or 5 projectiles taken from 2016's Harvester.

* she could have a "teleport" ability like Eternal's Arch-vile where she leaves a trail of fire.

* she could cast a magic shield that reflects projectiles like those Hexen shields.

* maybe she could even rip off the tornado attacks from Heretic Iron Liches.

* maybe she could do an "inverse" to Arch-vile's fire attack where she summons a fire next to the player when they're hiding from her and the player must move away before the fire turns into a lake of flames or something. (MetaDoom does this for the Infernis enemy)

D64 Revenant:

* shooting 2 rockets could be like how the Arachnotron has a double plasma and the Pain Elemenal shoots 2 souls.

either way, you can tell some of these ideas come from other mods and games.

i also recall seeing a "nightmare" 4-armed Revenant and Trite from GEC's Twitter.

Edited by whatup876 : adding more ideas for the other demons