Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

[Hell Hound version 1.0 released for DZDoom, Doom64 EX and 2020 Remaster] Doom 64 Special Episode: Journey into Chaos.

Sounds good.  Keep us up to date.  It's not too often there's an exciting project to follow in the Doom64 world. :)

Looks pretty damn good, also I love the fact screenshots seem to look like those you'd see in old gaming magazines. Kinda an amusing touch.

Something i noticed about the Scavenger is that her design kinda reminds me of that wall texture of skin with metal pipes.

Like one of those designs that fits some parts of Hell's aesthetic.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:12 AM, Dimon12321 said:

So, is this being made for the real N64 & emulators?

This will be for the GEC's source port called DZDoom mainly but a N64 and emulators version could be a possibility. Why not? :)

Sorry for late reply, i have been busy with work. 

On 2/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, Gerardo194 said:

This will be for the GEC's source port called DZDoom mainly but a N64 and emulators version could be a possibility. Why not? :)

Sorry for late reply, i have been busy with work. 

That would be awsome.
Got an Everdrive last Month and this is the Stuff it mades it really worth it.

Great Work with the Monsters, their Look really matches the Rest of the Game.

Cool!!!

But what are the two-headed dog creature, the twin-cannon Cyberdemon and whatever the monster with the glowing red palms supposed to be replacing? Are they brand-new monsters? How do they fit into the existing Doom bestiary?

Also, slight nitpick (although I could be wrong): I believe it should be "Journey Into Chaos".

Edited by Rudolph

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

But what are the two-headed dog creature, the twin-cannon Cyberdemon and whatever the monster with the glowing red palms supposed to be replacing? Are they brand-new monsters? How do they fit into the existing Doom bestiary?

They are cut enemies from Doom 64.

And both “Journey into the Chaos” and “Journey into Chaos” are correct.

Looking good Gerardo! Super excited for this!

I can't wait to see them rendered as invidual sprites. Will they have overpainting applied though?

On 4/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, Gerardo194 said:

New poster.

Kinda makes me wish this would come to the PC port in a manner similar to the Unity ports.

12 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Kinda makes me wish this would come to the PC port in a manner similar to the Unity ports.

I remember wanting the new levels for the D64 port to be based off the unused ideas and concepts of the original game, with the cut monsters and the Aztec theme.

But of course that never came to be and i can't blame them.

This episode also reminds me of Doom Delta (and other mods like that, rip Tei Tenga Incident), in a way that feels like restoring history from an alt timeline.

8 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I remember wanting the new levels for the D64 port to be based off the unused ideas and concepts of the original game, with the cut monsters and the Aztec theme.

But of course that never came to be and i can't blame them.

This episode also reminds me of Doom Delta (and other mods like that, rip Tei Tenga Incident), in a way that feels like restoring history from an alt timeline.

I recall Quasar I think, mentioning that they DID try to track down someone that did a Revenant sprite for Doom 64, in the intent of buying the rights for it, for use in the new port, but the person was basically a ghost at this point.

4 hours ago, whatup876 said:

Which one?

The closest to knowing about D64 Revy sprites are either this project or DrPySpy.

I think I tried to contact that person before and never got a response, even though they seemed active on twitter. Perhaps that model got lost.

Hello everyone! Hope you all are fine! The purpose of this post is to let you know how the project is going... Despite this has taken a long time, we have not stopped working on it. Here some of the details I want to share:

1. The new monsters have been digitalized to smaller sprites to make them fit in the game. There are some that needs some sprite work after digitalization process, like cleaning some rubbish left on the sprite.

2. The weapon animations are in WIP state (not referring to the rendered screenshots posted before), in order to be added in the game.

3. Some maps being reworked... some of my map designs were not convincent to me so my youngest brother is helping me because his maps look better than mine.

4. New textures will be added too.

5. A super heavily scripted story is being added to the game which explains with tons of cinematics how Doom Games are connected to each other making a bridge to the Doom Universe.

6. "Scavenger" enemy is being redesigned.

The sprites look really good but I don't want to spoil much content about them now but I am redesigning the "Scavenger" enemy because this gave us some pain in the ass when digitalizing the sprites. but quite sire the new model will be better than the previous ones.