Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
we're closed

Heresy (A Doom 2 map)

So here's newest map: Heresy. New? Uhh not really, it's actually one of my earlier maps, but I've grown to like it... a lot. So anyways, it's kind of a small but challenging hell map. It was the penultimate map of my (now failed) megawad. I hope y'all like it.

Edited by we're closed

I beat your map on HMP (UV was too much for me) in 9:20 (with ample amount of saving and reloading) with 92% kills 100% items and 100% secrets. I don't really have any complaints, but I had fun 7.5/10

I played it in vanilla DOS Doom 2 and everything worked fine except sometimes leaks would show in the mapLeak.PNG.826079a7b4b077eb6a280675da82ed0f.PNG

19 hours ago, Sir Hattington said:

I beat your map on HMP (UV was too much for me) in 9:20 (with ample amount of saving and reloading) with 92% kills 100% items and 100% secrets. I don't really have any complaints, but I had fun 7.5/10

I played it in vanilla DOS Doom 2 and everything worked fine except sometimes leaks would show in the map

oh, thanks for the review. you're right about that UV. it is brutal 

Here's my UV FDA, recorded with glboom+.

This was certainly quite a bit more difficult compared to your other recent map, and I died a couple of times early on in the map until I got the hang of things. Pretty much everything is a middleweight here so you're a bit forced to tackle the map slow and careful, especially since there's not that much space to move around. In hindsight the two caged Barons are a bit of a dick move since there's no implication that you have to kill them before you go all the way through the yellow key path (if you don't, you're dead). I'm not sure how I feel about the SMM either, the encounter is a surprise initially but if you manage to dash past her, she becomes an ammo sponge rather than any sort of a threat. Maybe a Cyber would have been more interesting to fight in that location, if you really want to have a boss monster there. I did like the hot start of the map and the ambush that springs after you press the YK button. I thought the final tele might suck but thankfully you don't drop the player to the middle of the Rev pack, which is what I feared.

FDA_heresy.zip