Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

What songs do you think should NEVER be in a Doom wad?

On 10/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, Doomkid said:

(Sorry got double post, adding quotes via editing is about impossible on mobile)

(Released before 32in24-9!)

Oh man @Doomkid! That video is straight cancer!!! The colours, the frame rate, the compression all added to the Rick Picks and track!!! I am 99% sure I now have cancer just from watching it :-P Keep up the good work!

For me it’s the themes as laid out in HDoom... that thing is an abomination and needs to die!!!

On 10/6/2020 at 7:27 PM, Doomkid said:

(Released before 32in24-9!)

This is the worst piece of media ever created by a human being

I have to agree with At Doom's Gate. I've always thought that piece should be exclusive only to E1M1 - Hangar. The opening to Doom should always be the opening to Doom. It's so jarring hearing that along with other tracks exclusive to certain maps in The Plutonia Experiment.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:15 PM, whirledtsar said:

This thread makes me want a community project where every map is based on a MIDI pop song.

Now I'm apprehensive of posting more shitty music that shouldn't be in a doom wad because DoomKid will probably come up with it. ;)

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

Why Can't We Be Friends?
Give Peace a Chance

the natural choice in a demon-infested world

On 10/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, NiGHTMARE said:

Eiffel 65 - Blue

I might be wrong, but doesn't Swim With The Wales's map31 use a midified version of this one?

4 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Now I'm apprehensive of posting more shitty music that shouldn't be in a doom wad because DoomKid will probably come up with it. ;)

Bring Me to Life

Safety Dance

Sandstorm

Crawling

Bodies

Sail

1 hour ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

I might be wrong, but doesn't Swim With The Wales's map31 use a midified version of this one?

Yes, and it's incredible.

19 minutes ago, DSC said:

Is this just becoming my Worst Songs Ever 2.0?

Nah, that would be a quest for really bad songs. Here I was more looking at heard-so-many-times-they-turned-into-meme songs.

For really bad music, I'd suggest building a megawad around the production of the Portsmouth Sinfonia.

Any commercially released music being that 1) it's illegal without permission and 2) most commercial music isn't really appropriate for a gaming setting as non-diegetic music has a different compositional approach, typically.

27 minutes ago, STILES said:

I imagine this wouldn't be too pleasant in MIDI form

In midi form it woud be really difficult to achieve, but something like this totally fits on a very atmospheric map.
I may say i been searching for something like this, so thanks for this ;)

I bet no map has used this song ever...

You should be a complete lunatic to use it.

Madonna's "Like a Virgin"

At least I've heard you shouldn't have it as your entry music getting into the ring for a kickboxing match.   No wait, I heard jokingly you should have it.

Also Limp Bizkit.   It's such repetitive simplistic garbage, aside from Fred Durst being a scumbag.   I put a midi in a joke map.   Actually the first song I tried was way too repetitive and annoying and changed it to a slightly less irritating one.

If this community project here lines up, I call making a map for Nickelback's "Rockstar." It would be huge for me and my friends.

I'm going to be a tad biased here, but I find it hard to imagine "Lady in Red" to have a solid MIDI-rendition. Then again, MIDI-producers for DOOM WADs never cease to amaze me, so it's likely I'm wrong.

that reminds me of a prank i pulled on a friend long ago, must have been 1998, when titanic was at the top of the box office. i liked it for being a james cameron disaster movie, but he hated that "my heart will go on" song with a passion. we played dm on some of the brit.wads and i recorded a demo where i smacked him, causing him to rage quit. yeah he was a bit quick to rage back then. (all on an old dos version of legacy, i should still have that all archived.)

then i played back the demo, having the music replaced with a midi of the titanic song. he exploded in expletives, because apparently, having that midi as the background of his performance was the worst mockery.

a bit later, everything was fine again, but i never guessed what effect a little midi could have.