Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

Eddie Van Halen has died

Just caught this.

Damn. Just damn.

Another piece of news where I was grateful I was sitting down.

Condolences to family, friends and fans.  RIP. 

I don't listen much to Van Halen, but this really made me sad.

My deepest condolences as well.

Van Halen was one of the bands that I listened to when growing up, they played a role in my teenage years and I'm gratefull for that, Hot for Teacher rocks like hell.

I always listen to a classic rock radio station when I'm at work, and I always love it when Van Halen comes on. His tapping skills are mind-blowing, and his raw talent and guitar shredding skills will never be forgotten. RIP Eddie, your influence on rock music will live on forever.

Sad to see you go, Eddie.. That big band in the sky just got an amazing guitarist added to their lineup.. Rest In Peace. :(

WTF!?!?
No. Please.
Just let this fucking year end already.
No more good people, no more heroes dying.

I consider myself a 90s kid at heart. I spent much of my teenage years listening to 90s music when it was new. 90s nastalgia runs deep in my veins. When I was introduced to Van Halen I did not know who David Lee Roth was, but I was introduced to them through the Sammi Hagar era. For all the haters of Van Hagar I would say this is when I learned to like Van Halen. I didn't get heavy into 80s music until I graduated from high school.

Alongside "Ain't Talking About Love," "Right Now" is one of my top 10 favorite Van Halen songs. "Right Now" instrumentally is a beautiful song and is the song that got me interested in the band. It is also one of my top favorite songs of all time from the amazing 90s.

Even though my interest in the band has since diminished they have been a big part of my life and I thank Eddie Van Halen for that. Right now I was thinking of all the memories that I've had, thank you...

EVH's contribution to guitar and music is huge. Not only a genius and pioneer guitar player but also could write powerful stuff on keyboard/piano. A true music giant. RIP.

Never was big into Van Halen, but geez.

May he rest in peace.

I have never enjoyed Van Halen all that much. Don't hate it, don't love it. But only an idiot would deny his massive contribution to the craft of the electric guitar. I would classify him as second only to Hendrix himself in terms of importance. Big loss.

R.I.P. EVH. One of my main influences even though i don't really play many Van Halen songs on guitar. They are one of my fav bands and obviously he contributed so much to guitar and music in general (even keyboard and guitar amplification). I used to listen to this guitar solo from an '89 Japan show from a bootleg all the time before school (back in highschool). It would always pump me up as well as wake me up too. I got into playing guitars with Floyd Roses on them due to him as well as owning a few 80's Kramers thanks to him (one could use a new neck but i'll never find one).

Also, I heard the first record as well as 1984 when i was pretty young. Eruption to me was just like "WTF?", and this was in the late 90's when i was a kid still. I couldn't imagine what hearing that was like back in the late '70's. Rest in Peace Eddie.