Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOEL

How do YOU SR50?

What control scheme do ya'll use for SR50?

I don't know if I'm doing it right. In Zandronum I have the strafe key set to mouse 3, I hold it down while strafing forward right with W + D and move my mouse towards the right. That should be SR50, right?

You need to hold the strafe on key and the turn left/right key at the same time, while holding W + D (or A). I've set the strafe on key to the right mouse button and the turn right key to E, so I usually do SR50 like this: W + D + E + right mouse button, all at the same time. I've set Q as the turn left key, so I can use W + A + Q + right mouse to SR50 in the other direction.

Edited by Pseudonaut

My sr50 related binds are as follows:

-w for move forward 

-a and d for strafe left and right respectively

-spacebar for strafe on

-[left] shift and [left] ctrl for turn right and left respectively 

It may help to think of it this way: you combine regular sr40 with another fancy strafe input. That is created by strafe on + any of the turn keys. Make sure you are using the right turn button when moving right and forward simultaneously, and vice versa for the other directions (though this should be obvious). The angle you run at should be 45 degrees relative to your POV. Hope this helps

Shift + ALT + Up Arrow + Left or Right

Used to be possible only with right arrow before I changed to a mechanical keyboard.

deleted - I misunderstood something badly...

Edited by DoomGater : found my brain and my glasses

I have two methods to perform SR50:

- W+A+C+M2 / W+D+Z+M2
- W+A or D+M2+mouse turn

M2, which stands for Mouse2, is Strafe On, C is Turn Left, Z is Turn Right.

If I want to SR50 in PRBoom+, I go to the options menu > general > movements > and make sure 'permanent strafe50' is set to 'yes'. I then simply press forward, followed by strafe left or right, and the SR50 happens. Just don't move the mouse, although you can SR50 and turn in PRBoom+ 2.5.1.4 IIRC. I don't SR50 in other ports since they don't have that option.

That's TAS tho.

If you did that in any demos they're TAS. 

On topic: Alt for strafe, left arrow/right arrow to turn or use mouse. Whatever feels best for what I'm doing.  

My SR50 is W + D + Q + Alt

My SL50 is W +A +E + Alt

If I don't feel like using the E and Q key, I just use my mouse movement. When I SR50/SL50 backwards, I don't use my Q and E key because it doesn't feel comfortable for me so I just use the mouse movement. Problem with my binds is that I use to use spacebar to use and it doesn't help at all because I'm already using my thumb for Alt so I have Right mouse button instead to keep my SR50 going when pressing use. 

Edited by TomatoTom

I just thought I would chime in to say I have no idea what is going on here.

Uh... carry on.

Y'all probably think I'm a freak saying this, but I use standard WASD to SR50, with Q and E for turn left and right, and Right Click for strafe on. I'm comfortable with it, and it works for me, but there is many ways to do it. To answer the question however, you just need to (sr50 for example) press these keys: -Move Forward -Strafe Left -Turn Right -Strafe On and always run should be on. I actually have a video on this topic that I made a while back. 

btw I'm not P1e0r0c0y anymore lol