Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alps

XDRE 2.21 help

So I installed linux a few days back and was able to get XDRE 2.21 working without anything going wrong.

However recently due to a partitioning accident, it got deleted so I had to reinstall.

However after doing the same things I did before to run 2.21, it will no longer work, it simply doesn't launch at all.

I'm using WineHQ btw

I actually just got xdre2.21 working on linux yesterday, im also very new to linux. I used Lutris, it was my first time using it so i dont know if i missed something important but this worked for me. I havent used WineHQ before. 

- Download the xdre 2.21 .exe (obviously) and lutris. Also have an iwad somewhere. 

- I dont know if this is the best way to do it but i made two folders, one called "XDRE" and one called "XDREwine". Put xdre.exe in the "XDRE" folder. 

- Open lutris and click the + at the top right, then click Add Game.

- In Game info: "Name" should just be XDRE, runner should be "Wine (Runs Windows games)", release year can stay blank.

- In Game options: Executable should be xdre.exe, in the XDRE folder from before. Arguments should include, for example, -iwad /path/to/iwad/doom.wad. Working directory should be the "XDRE" folder, and Wine prefix should be the "XDREwine" folder. Prefix architecture, 64-bit. 

- In Runner options: Wine version for me is "lutris-5.7-10-x86_64 (default)". 

If i remember correctly that was it, i then clicked save and that was that. When i then ran xdre for the first time, it spent a bit of time downloading something, but then after that it worked. 

14 hours ago, tool_afflicted_speedrunner said:

I actually just got xdre2.21 working on linux yesterday, im also very new to linux. I used Lutris, it was my first time using it so i dont know if i missed something important but this worked for me. I havent used WineHQ before. 

- Download the xdre 2.21 .exe (obviously) and lutris. Also have an iwad somewhere. 

- I dont know if this is the best way to do it but i made two folders, one called "XDRE" and one called "XDREwine". Put xdre.exe in the "XDRE" folder. 

- Open lutris and click the + at the top right, then click Add Game.

- In Game info: "Name" should just be XDRE, runner should be "Wine (Runs Windows games)", release year can stay blank.

- In Game options: Executable should be xdre.exe, in the XDRE folder from before. Arguments should include, for example, -iwad /path/to/iwad/doom.wad. Working directory should be the "XDRE" folder, and Wine prefix should be the "XDREwine" folder. Prefix architecture, 64-bit. 

- In Runner options: Wine version for me is "lutris-5.7-10-x86_64 (default)". 

If i remember correctly that was it, i then clicked save and that was that. When i then ran xdre for the first time, it spent a bit of time downloading something, but then after that it worked. 

image.png.ac5cda2de968a6f522de95757cb88e2a.png

it says its running but nothing appears. also i had installed wine before lutris, i'm using stable 5.0.2 with winehq installed along it.

edit: now it simply crashes on every launch instantly

I don't know why you're trying to run XDRE under Wine instead of compiling it.

That's what I need to do in order to compile and run it on Arch:

sudo pacman -S git sdl2 wxgtk3
git clone https://notabug.org/38_ViTa_38/xdre.git
cd xdre
./bootstrap
CFLAGS=-Wl,--allow-multiple-definiton ./configure
make -j4
src/xdre

Edited by vita : gcc 10 sucks...