Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
URROVA

Doom -1 | Negative One: Beyond the Experiment [Development Thread]

Still fixing the map bugs (unused textures, missing textures, unused things, etc.) I've noticed that some maps have a sky texture of bloody skulls for some strange reason. Probably because of the MAPINFO lump. Guess I'll have to change it to Hexen format after all

MAP22: The three doors leading to the exit have no textures on their sides.

General: Not really a bug, but the earlier levels have teleporters by the exits which lead back to the start of the map, and I think some of the later levels could do with this as well.

MAP34: Can someone else play this map and confirm that the door to the exit switch does indeed open? I've now tested it like 4 times in prboom and have had no problem. I just want to know if it's just me.

7 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

I'm noticing a lot of unused visual mode cameras. Should I remove them, or do they serve a purpose?

Yes, remove them

22 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

MAP34: Can someone else play this map and confirm that the door to the exit switch does indeed open? I've now tested it like 4 times in prboom and have had no problem. I just want to know if it's just me.

It works. Turns out the door doesn't open by pressing use, which is what I tried to do in GZDoom. I didn't realize that you had to cross a linedef for it to open, lol

31 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

I'm noticing a lot of unused visual mode cameras. Should I remove them, or do they serve a purpose?

Their purpose is to save a particular camera angle while editing in 3d mode.

1 hour ago, URROVA said:

This keeps being a community project, so you can edit and publish. But this time only for bugfixes

Can we no longer make edits to the map layouts? Add details to some of the rooms? Some of the maps could still be improved.

If this is just for bug-fixing, I am also fine with that. As long as we have a nice playable wad in the end.

Also, I think the shotgun sound should be reverted to its previous version. It was added right at the deadline and I don't like it so much. It has a very harsh reload sound. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Edited by PinkFlamingo

9 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Can we no longer make edits to the map layouts? Add details to some of the rooms? Some of the maps could still be improved.

Ah, yes, if you want to detail the maps you can. I will remove this part of the topic for no more bad-understanding

And i think that the sound of the shotgun has to be changed, this actually sounds more strong that the super shotgun xD

MAP22 confusion:

I can't seem to find the teleport that opens up once the player tries to grab Red Key from the Pentagram. Don't know how to grab the Red key and can't find that teleport in Blue key room which Nightmare mentioned...

Managed to find that teleport. But the pentagram keeps teleporting the player back if accidentally stepped on which can get annoying. Is there another solution to this implementation? 

Shouldn't the pentagram teleport player in that room where the secret door actually opens up, instead of all the way back? That should solve some of the confusion I think. 

Edited by Rosh Fragger

When you enter the room with the blue key (from the direction of the start), go through the door on the left (with the silver and red lights).

If you've already tried to get the red key there will be a teleport pad at the end of this area, otherwise it will be closed.

v5.78

MAP22 updated:

• Changed the pentagram's teleport to W1 action instead of WR (player teleports only once for every freaking line, so 5 times in total... )
  • Changed teleport destination to that room to the left of blue key area to avoid immense backtracking.
  • Added some monsters to an empty looking room.
  • Fixed the missing textures to the sides of Exit doors.

Edited by Rosh Fragger

Map 01 has a HoM in the final red section, IIRC it's a step right where you land so it's not very visible, I'm not home so I can't screenshot it but it's worth checking

15 minutes ago, Juka said:

Map 01 has a HoM in the final red section, IIRC it's a step right where you land so it's not very visible, I'm not home so I can't screenshot it but it's worth checking

The one on dragons influence secret? I couldnt found others. If not, maybe is some error of the nodebuilder :/

Can't seem to find this missing texture/HoM in MAP01.... Trying to look for it in the Exit area where it was possibly spotted.. ?

1 minute ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Can't seem to find this missing texture/HoM in MAP01.... Trying to look for it in the Exit area where it was possibly spotted.. ?

i checked the final part of MAP01 with and without TNTHOM. I found only the one on the dragon secret.

4 minutes ago, URROVA said:

i checked the final part of MAP01 with and without TNTHOM. I found only the one on the dragon secret.

same here..

AH, i found it

right to the start teleporter you hit the switch and there are some steps with flat bleeding

fixing it now

Edited by URROVA

Just now, Rosh Fragger said:

Can someone please fix the Rocky Wall Textured sky issue for many maps ?

Wich maps for example?

v5.80

Map fixes

- A TON of reviewing and fixing issues for maps 2-13 (missing textures, sky bleed, unused textures etc.), rolled back MAP01 and MAP10 since they were reserved

I hope nothing I did broke anything...

Spoiler alert, I broke pretty much everything!

Edited by EpicTyphlosion

ah, you fixed the sky error on MAP10? (some sky without tag 50) If yes i will unreserve MAP10