Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Doom RPG Reverse Engineering Project

Looks impressive so far! Hope to see more of news on this anytime soon.

@AnarkavreExcellent work, I like how it looks, does it have playability? Keep going I hope to see more of this. Old memories brings me the second image with my extraction and map display programs.

9zm97k9eau8l7p9zg.jpg

Totally supporting this!

A moddable first person RPG is something i always wanted.

Hope you can keep at it, pal!

Is that rotating menu screen your work? That has to be neat, especially given how it runs on an old Motorola phone.

2 hours ago, Anarkavre said:

You may find this video interesting.

Oh really cool, could you please get the game files and post it for me to take care of extracting the game graphics and sounds?

Yeah, a jar file would be great. I'm not sure if it will work on Nokia C2-01, but I'd like to give it a try

Love that someone is working on this. <3

Played a bit on my friend's cell back when it came out and have since sinking into the DOOM community been dying to see what it's like with adult eyes.

In good theory it should be like this at the root of the cell phone

brew- |
           | _> doomrpg
           |                    | _> confg
           |                    | _> doomrpg.bar
           |                    | _> doomrpg.mod
           |
           | _> doom rpg.mif

Those must be the game files.

@Erick194 I tried to do that early last year, but was unsuccessful. Unfortunately the model of the phone I have has a lock on the directory where BREW apps are stored, so you cannot copy any of the data off the phone in a simple manner. If anyone has any knowledge on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Until then, all I can do is share screenshots and videos. I do not want to risk bricking the phone.

Edited by Anarkavre

Awesome to see Doom RPG being resurrected, I have fond memories of it and it's something of a forgotten gem in the Doom series. I'm also glad you were able to build on my previous reverse engineering work!

I appreciate your effort, okay I will try to find information, I would like to see videos of course.

By the way, what model is your motorola?

@fraggle I am going to document things I corrected and discovered about the game data files. Hopefully we can consolidate definitive documentation.

9 minutes ago, Anarkavre said:

Here are three more videos.

Fire

Nightmare

Dr. Guerard/Kronos

Holly Shit!

I played Doom RPG a lot and emulate it on J2Me for Android, but the BREW version seems to be far better thatn the one i have :O

Neat! Ive been hoping someone would find a way to bring this game to PC, since it was only for an old line of phones.

Only even played Doom2 RPG on a shonky Nokia emulator, so this would be pretty cool to play. Great stuff so far!

Hi, I am the guy who have earlier posted Wolfenstein RPG, Orcs and Elves I for BREW which I have extracted from LG phones.

(see here:

).

I suppose I was also at the origin of posts of the other ID games for BREW which I have posted several years ago on another forum.

With revskills you are able to extract the efs image from select phones (i.e. Motorola v3c, k1m tested as per video below), and extract the files from the image..

You might need to find the correct COM-port though, this can be either the modem port, or diagnostic port.

Edited by kraze : Updated video

@kraze Oh that's cool dude, now that I remember I have to finish and post the excerpts from Orcs and Elves and wolfenstein rpg.