Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyrex

Playing Doom

Hello

First off al I'm new here. I'm From Belgium and I'm 20 years old.
I have followed this forum a long time. I like it.
I'm playing Doom long time ago but for me its one off the best games there is.
Now i'm starting playing it again with ZDoomGL.
But i need some support i'm mean ... I'm I the only one?
I'm i strange?
And what do you guys think off ZDoomGl ?
And how many times play you guys Doom at a day/week...?

I hope I'm Welcome here and find some support :-)

cyrex said:

And how many times play you guys Doom at a day/week...?

At least once every day (almost) :)

Does every single newcomer have to make a "hi i new" thread!? This is the fourth one of these this week! Gee, I cant wait til DooM 3 comes out!
Err...enjoy your stay!

Hello, I'm DooMBoy, and I hope you like your stay here. As for me, I play Doom several times a day, every day :)

Epyo said:

Does every single newcomer have to make a "hi i new" thread!? This is the fourth one of these this week!

I didn't make one when I first came on...

Oh, and I play it hundreds of times a day because I edit levels after work until I go to bed, so nyeh. =P

Hi. I'm the nazi dominatrix turbo slut that keeps all the incredible lameness that infests this place at bay. Obey the rules and don't post stupid crap that's A) been posted already recently, B) doesn't belong in this forum or is in the wrong section of the forum, or C) nobody cares about, and we'll get along fine.

Although, while we're on the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm STILL REALLY getting tired of having to cut and paste this response into all of the "omg hai look i m noob 2 intarweb plz tlk 2 me lol" threads. Even if some of them (this one, for instance) are worded slightly more intelligently than that, it's quite irritating to spy a new name on the forums listing, only to find out it's a "new to the forum" post.

Also, nothing marks you as a newbie faster than going "hi I'm new". Duh.

Anyway, don't take this personally, cyrex, welcome to the forum and I'm sure we're glad to have you. I'm just being angsty and irritated. Like usual.

Nanami said:

I didn't make one when I first came on...

Me neither.

If anyone has a bit of time to kill, they could scour the archives to find out which of the current regulars started off their DW career with a lame newbie intro thread. That might be fun: the First Post Hall of Shame. :)

I didn't use a Hi i'm a n00b as my first thread

I said what where the best wads for doom as my first thread

BigBadGangsta said:

[bbg]cyrex[/bbg]

heh, Julian beat ya to your own game, haha, burn.

Anyway, cyrex, I already said hi, so, ya.....The.

Grazza said:

Me neither.

If anyone has a bit of time to kill, they could scour the archives to find out which of the current regulars started off their DW career with a lame newbie intro thread. That might be fun: the First Post Hall of Shame. :)

Hah, my first post was about Millennium :P

Actually, that thread was the only reason I registered for the forums in the first place. I had posted occasionally in the news comments before that, but I had never really intended to post more than that one thread in the forums =)

My first post was to pass on a useless bit of Doom 3 trivia Todd H. had uttered at a mini-conference. Pipes and bannisters. Utterly pointless. I think Zaldron gave the only reply to that thread, something along the lines of "thanks for the tidbit, now bugger off."

IMJack said:

My first post was to pass on a useless bit of Doom 3 trivia Todd H. had uttered at a mini-conference. Pipes and bannisters. Utterly pointless. I think Zaldron gave the only reply to that thread, something along the lines of "thanks for the tidbit, now bugger off."

You were such a good boy back then...tsk tsk tsk what happened to you IMJack? :P

EDIT: heh I know this is pointless but hey, evryone else does it.....

1337 p057!!!!!!!!!1111...heh, get it?

DOOM Anomaly said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think your 1337th post was this one. I'm disappointed; I thought you would have left it saying "Posts: 1337" for a little longer. Well, your new target must be 1337357, I suppose.

BTW, it looks as if very few of the regulars made a "hi im new" post. I have found one, but I won't "name and shame", since it's someone cool who has given the community some useful stuff.

Grazza said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think your 1337th post was this one. I'm disappointed; I thought you would have left it saying "Posts: 1337" for a little longer. Well, your new target must be 1337357, I suppose.

Yeah, I know it was, I was just to lazy to go and edit that post, so i did it in here..heh. and yes, that is my next goal.

and remember, Im a spammer, I cant bear to keep my post count at the same number for long. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Damn, you beat me to it.

Edit: I wanna do something stupid, but I don't know what. I wonder if DOOM Anomaly will notice teh C0ff33...

1. Hell-o to you too. :)
2. Play long, play hard.
3. Can't help you with zdoomgl, haven't started with it yet.
4. Yes, but don't worry--everyone else is strange too. ;)
5. Doom Every Day. See teh point?

Welcome aboard. Oh, and don't drink teh C0ff33 unless you either: have an iron gut, or just a real risk taker. (me on both accounts >:) )