Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

183 SR crusher start (fast) problem in zDoom

Hi there

Anyone know why "183 SR crusher start (fast)" action fails to animate the switch texture in zDoom or gzDoom? It works in other sourceports like Eternity and prBoom+.

The problem more specifically is that the switch texture animation on "SR crusher start" only stops working after the crusher has been stopped by either a WR or SR action. IE if you start the crusher via the switch then it animates correctly, but does not work the second time or after that. It simply stops animating the texture, but the effect is working: It does start the crusher. It just doesn't animate the texture. It's kinda hard for me to explain, so I've cooked up a tiny demo to show it.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or is it a bug? Perhaps you know @Graf Zahl :)

Demo, runs on E1M1:

http://windward.dk/Doomstuff/crushertest.wad

Best regards

Chris

That is strange. Seems like a bug to me. I'm guessing it's something that got overlooked because repeatable switch crushers aren't a vanilla feature.

It doesn't even work if you recreate the map in ZDoom Doom-in-Hexen format. Didn't try UDMF.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble figuring this out! Thank you for trying to help me, plums!

I've already tagged Graf Zahl, but I'm not even sure he's the right guy. Maybe I should try and find out who or where I should go to with this issue. Or maybe you know?

Thanks @SilverMiner! That's an awesome trick! I have no idea how it works though :D

Edit: Ahh, it's the "pass use action" you're using. Not that I know what that does. Never ever gave it any thought... how odd. What's its function?

The question still remains though: Whom do I report this bug to? It should be fixed imho.

... and this bug has been present in zdoom for at least 3 years ... Should work in Boom or MBF compatibilty, but doesn't.

Actually applies to all SR crusher types.

Edited by hawkwind