Find results in...
Captain Red

As a team? Or everyone for themselves?

Team based combat or Deathmatch?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Team based combat or Deathmatch?

• Team based combat (CTF/CS/RtCW/TF)
    • Deathmatch

I always go for Deathmatch over team based game. I find it annoying to play people who aren't taking the game as seriously as I tend to. By that, I mean people who team kill just to be annoying, who refuse to work together, who treat it more like a team deathmatch, If your going to do that, why not just play DM and be done with?

And I just love the controlled ciaos that only a Quake III style DM can deliver. That doesn’t mean that I don't like a bit of CS or RtCW games, I just prefer DM.

I'd much rather play Team Fortress. A 12x12 game on a map like well6, 2fort5, 2fort32, or rock2 beats out the sheer chaos and confusion that you find in deathmatch games. Another reason why I like Team Fortress is that you don't need to roam all around the map hunting for weapons an ammo; you start with all the weapons for that class (but not every weapon in the game), and usually the ammo is right there to collect, so you can concentrate more on fighting the enemy.

Many times in deathmatch, especially if there are a lot of people, you start out, take three steps towards a shotgun all the way across the room, and get a rocket in your ear by someone who probably didn't even know you were there and was aiming at someone else. If I play deathmatch, it will be with up to 3 or 4 others. Any more and it becomes too wild. 16 people on Dead Simple is positively insane.

I prefer DM. I like team matchs some times, like in UT, etc... (never Counter-strike!). But dm is funnier, you don't need to remember to help your team, just shot again and again.

i really play both. but i prefer a good team match, provided the teams are both well matched and members are atleast capable of being in the team. one of my favorites is in UT and was assault. domination is another fav mod and of course there is CTF. counter strike was fun but it had its downfalls. one i think it should have been an option to have die once or infanit lives. second get rid of all the nazis and kkk junk in the servers, i ran into that more than the annoying newbie kid.

When players prove to be real good teamwork players, I really like that, but overall, I like the idea of everyone-for-themselves best.

Doom deathmatch all the way! I'd like to CTF in Doom as well, not skulltag please...how unoriginal. Deathtag is fine with me, however I, for some reasons, dislike the part that you must rely the other teammate of your team to get the mission done for you. You can't be there at the same time for your teammate. Therefore, CTF is graded higher level in my book. Team-based DM...basically I think they are only good if being played on symmetrical maps such as CTF's, otherwise people would abuse their powers when one side obtain more and higher skillful players to overpower another side that are lower-class as newbies. It is also bad as well that players would camp at certain main courses. Well, who knows, I have no experiences of playing Team DM, there goes my 2 cents.

I enjoy both deathmatch and team deathmatch. But as far as team stuff goes I prefer no actual teamwork (i.e. team deathmatch). Meaning that you dont have to watch your ass every second and blast every person you see, but you also dont have to depend on the other players.