Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LilWhiteMouse

Star Wars ATAT Sprite

Pretty nice.

Too small for an AT-AT, though, unless you use it with a port that allows scaling of sprites.

Sprite scaling allows for humongous things? Any size? I mean, wouldn't there be other engine problems by placing something the actual size of an ATAT?

Well, I don't know which ports, if any, support sprite scaling. It they do, there shouldn't be a practical upper size limit.

Zdoom does, but I think the feature is in beta stage. But I mean, the Spider Mastermind, for instance, has some (blockmap related?) problems due to its size, anything bigger would certainly suffer as well. The ATAT would probably be better off in a game ("TC" or mod) in which all the characters (even the Player sprite) are turned into ships or machines, or maybe huge monsters as well...

LilWhiteMouse said:

Don't know what use I or anyone else could have it ....

Dawn: A Prelude? But it may be too late to incorporate it.

A very nice sprite indeed. I kind of half read the title and assumed it said AT-ST, 'cause let's face it, that's the one your more likely to see in a doom mod. I was pleasantly surprised to see an AT-AT.

Sure, it's smaller than scale would dictate, and the rockets come out at ankle level but AT-ATs are frikken huge, Impractically so for a doom game sprite I suspect, and it doesn't have to use the rocket - eg the chaingun could be coming out at any height.

You could just live with the size thing and have small AT-ATs (raises a pinkie to the corner of his mouth) You could call them mini AT-ATs. Wouldn't look too out of place in your own Chilbi mod would it? Or the player as a ship mod idea could be fun (using the fly command might be cool).

I actually think using them to walk around on the horizon in a bit of forced perspective goodness would work quite nicely, purely as a bit of animated scenery/ atmosphere. The walking animation is su-weet and needs to be used by someone.

ReX said:

Dawn: A Prelude? But it may be too late to incorporate it.

[Nag]Hmmm, that's 2 threads you've mentioned D:AP in. Enjay casts a sideways glance at his inbox[/Nag]

:-)

Actually, I think I will use it with Chibi Rebellion, as a final scenerio map. It'll be a Hoth trenches like map. You have to defeat all the foreground enemies before a timer runs out. In the (inaccessable) background, I'll put the animated ATATs as decorations. Put mapspots in the head area, and script laser blasts to shoot at the foreground. If the timer runs out the ATATs "arrive" and wipe out the Rebel base before they can evacuate.