Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert_Kendo

Play my vanilla style WAD "Reminisce Evil" I started in 2015

Here are some screenshots...

https://imgur.com/a/fGyiKb7

And a link (I need to resubmit it to the archives because the title does not conform so google drive for right now)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CvnnhH7T4f1jaHZvoOZTC2ZHrbmAORhL/view?usp=sharing

As the title says this is a WAD I've been working on casually on and off since 2015. It's a limit removing Doom 2 WAD with classic vanilla style gameplay, monsters, textures, etc. Tested with Zandronum(software) and GZDoom(hardware). Vertical look is not required and no jumping! It's a large single map WAD. I wanted the map to feel like a condensed campaign without being tedious, but it will probably take some time to beat the whole thing. I focused on a semi-Resident Evil style layout and progression with classic Doom combat. I'd love to get some feedback!

Edited by Robert_Kendo

It's a very pretty map in the classical style. Because it's so huge there was room to play with different visual styles and I think you did well with all of them. The map felt like a megawad condensed into a single map. But I think you went exactly for that kind of experience. Though I got all the three keys I wasn't able to finish it and quit after 20 minutes. I think I died too many times in that blue blue electric blue that's the color of my room, which was a very nice looking place to die at :)

16 minutes ago, SP_FACE1 said:

It's a very pretty map in the classical style. Because it's so huge there was room to play with different visual styles and I think you did well with all of them. The map felt like a megawad condensed into a single map. But I think you went exactly for that kind of experience. Though I got all the three keys I wasn't able to finish it and quit after 20 minutes. I think I died too many times in that blue blue electric blue that's the color of my room, which was a very nice looking place to die at :)

Thanks for giving it a shot! I'm curious, what order did you get the keys in?

5 hours ago, Robert_Kendo said:

Thanks for giving it a shot! I'm curious, what order did you get the keys in?

Blue, yellow, red. If I recall correctly.