Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FabulousDoom

Is 80GB of space enough for DOOM 2016? (PC)

I just got a new GPU, and I really, really wanted to play this game for a very long time. Already purchased it, and now it's downloading. Steam already allocated memory for it, so I have 13GB of space left (I have 120GB SSD). What I'm worried about, is that the game size might actually expand over time, because of saves, updates etc. If that's not a problem, can anybody tell me how big is their DOOM 2016 folder? (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM)

Thanks in advance!

According to Steam, the Download is 55 GB, so I think that even with additional content or updates it should be fine. Don't know the exact size though.

Just now, TheEvilGrin said:

According to Steam, the Download is 55 GB, so I think that even with additional content or updates it should be fine. Don't know the exact size though.

I've learned to almost never trust steam requirements, but in this case the download is 60GB, so I guess it's not that big difference.

Huh, I learned that there is a way to remove unnecessary content (multiplayer stuff or languages I don't need for example) and free up to pretty decent amount of space.

18 hours ago, TheEvilGrin said:

No, 55GB was back when the game came out if I remember correctly, and the requirements have not changed since - they almost never do.

I think the current install size is like 70GB but I could be mistaken.

I remember it being somewhere around 75 - 80 but this is the filesize before it gets extracted

Untitled.png

Edited by sluggard