Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Come Eat The Mapwich 2!!! Public beta out now!

Just now, Endless said:

Yes, I like my sandwiches with a spicy portion of pure Hell and a handful of linedefs.

There is far more than a  handful here. Fulfilling enough for any palate.

Fuck Zandronum, all my homies hate Zandronum

(But finally a public release LET'S GO)

I don't ever play co-op, but i'm gonna try to convince some of my buddies to play this with. Congrats to all mappers on the launch! I've been excited to play this for a while now

6 minutes ago, MattFright said:

I don't ever play co-op, but i'm gonna try to convince some of my buddies to play this with. Congrats to all mappers on the launch! I've been excited to play this for a while now

All the maps SHOULD be completable solo as well...unless someone set their coop tags wrong...but no one would do that right? ;p

1 minute ago, guitardz said:

All the maps SHOULD be completable solo as well...unless someone set their coop tags wrong...but no one would do that right? ;p

Ah i'm aware, i just feel like this wad is a good reason for me to install Zandronum

6 minutes ago, guitardz said:

Yep I tested all maps on single player. Some maps might feel like they have incorrect coop tags .......

Spoiler

Looking at you Dubzzz

I'm glad that this project is out, it was fun to participate... I hope, there will be another thing in the future. 

32 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Hella cool!
I thought @Aurelius and @JustCallMeKaito had a map though? Did they not finish that beauty D:

They got the OK to release it as a standalone map. And for good reason because holy shit it's amazing

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Looks awesome, but do these maps play good solo, or are they intended/balanced for co-op?

It was tested in single player too. I believe, plenty of harsh setups and fights are left for coop/survival. At least, my and DMPhobos collab was built that way... 

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Looks awesome, but do these maps play good solo, or are they intended/balanced for co-op?

Balanced and tested for both

I have just played through the first four levels on UV, this is a great project, well made map's that have a beautiful design, balanced perfectly for solo (which is what I'm playing)

I finally made an account on this forum that I've been browsing for the past 3+ years so that I can comment on how well this is made, if that is an indication of how much I've so far enjoyed this.

Great job, i'm excited to play the rest of it!

It was an absolute honor to work with @Tango on this iteration of Mapwich! I had a great time learning how to work with Supercharge as well! (which then prompted me to include it in other projects). A huge shout-out to Bridge for keeping us crazy kids in line and working tirelessly to make sure this Mapwich was the best it could be despite all the challenges the project faced. It has been amazing to work alongside such talented and dedicated mappers and I can't wait for the next one!

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but since this is a beta, does that mean more maps will be added, or is the project finished except for bugs/balance/etc. Also, how many maps are there? Sorry if I'm missing something, the project looks really awesome!