Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Come Eat The Mapwich 2!!! Public beta out now!

Trinary code was fantastic, gave me strong serious same vibes. But the lighting in the yellow key area physically hurt my eyes.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Trinary Core @Firedust! About the lighting - most likely I will brighten the particularly dark areas of the yellow key section as it is at times far too dark.

It isn't very fun not being able to see anything, while it might work better for different game/project genres, it does not fit the rest of the map/project as a whole.

11 hours ago, kalaeth said:

playing it now and it seems that you can get locked inside those big vats of nuckage on map04 if you haven't yet pressed all the switches.. I hadn't yet seen the switches and decided to explore, ended up falling inside the vat, with a rad suit on, so I ended up turning fly on and exiting it.

The latest build 0.8a should fix this. The vats should be inaccessible until each of the switches are pressed. And instakill if you do somehow end up in them

*edit 
Actually, I'm not 100% sure that particular fix made it into that hotfix build. If not it shall be in the next update which will be this weekend

7 hours ago, Jark said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed Trinary Core @Firedust! About the lighting - most likely I will brighten the particularly dark areas of the yellow key section as it is at times far too dark.

It isn't very fun not being able to see anything, while it might work better for different game/project genres, it does not fit the rest of the map/project as a whole.

I think it was the double whammy of the red and shade that messed up my eyesight. Shame too, because that section has loads of cool fights.

What did the hotfix fix? I'm on map09 so far and I haven't had problems since getting stuck in the vats all the way back in map04.

Is it possible to get stuck on map 16 in the big pyramid?

https://prnt.sc/v4lib2

I have no idea what to do :(

EDIT: figured it out, wtf is wrong with me today

EDIT 2: are the monsters in the teleport closets not teleporting because I didn't pick something up? 

Edited by Firedust

22 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Is it possible to get stuck on map 16 in the big pyramid?

https://prnt.sc/v4lib2

I have no idea what to do :(

EDIT: figured it out, wtf is wrong with me today

EDIT 2: are the monsters in the teleport closets not teleporting because I didn't pick something up? 

If its after you get the yellow key and the walls come up, there are two switches in there you must flip to get out of the lock in. If you have just cleared all the boners, there are two telports that take you to the outskirts to flip 4 switches that lower the yellow key at the top of the temple. They should all come out of their monster closets after you get the yellow 🔑

39 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

If its after you get the yellow key and the walls come up, there are two switches in there you must flip to get out of the lock in. If you have just cleared all the boners, there are two telports that take you to the outskirts to flip 4 switches that lower the yellow key at the top of the temple. They should all come out of their monster closets after you get the yellow 🔑

Nope, picked up the yellow key, and those monsters didn't teleport in.

39 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Nope, picked up the yellow key, and those monsters didn't teleport in.

So if I am understanding correctly, after you got the yellow key no monsters came out to play or only some didn't? Thats really weird....

6 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

So if I am understanding correctly, after you got the yellow key no monsters came out to play or only some didn't? Thats really weird....

Indeed. Once I pressed the two skull switches in the closets, the bars lowered, and that was it.

Screenies:

https://prnt.sc/v4o67o

https://prnt.sc/v4o6xx

Interesting I will have to check it out. Thanks for playing  it and sharing the feedback! :)

Impressive mapset with some quite interesting maps, so hats (or masks) off to everyone.

Initially I was a bit wary when I saw all the custom weapons and monster replacements á la Complex Doom, but it turns out it flows quite well with the replaced assets. The pistol seems to be much more powerful (and handier) aswell.

Skimming through everything I jumped right into the Insane Gazebo map "50000 Monsters Under the Sea" for a deep dive as I was quite curious how that map turned out.

I was thoroughly dazed and mesmerized during the first halve of the map from the beautiful and impressive start at the shore until the cavernous arena with the huge blue water lotuses surrounded by cliffs and waterfalls. Many people in this mapset must've dedicated alot of time and effort to their contributions, but my god this map is something else.

But then I come to the second part of the map (the part with the arch viles in the middle and around the room on pillars aka the yellow and red skull key area & beyond). There's a noticeable difference in color and theme here so I assume the other mapper took over from here. Unfortunately gameplay took a bit of a nosedive from here on. Whereas the gameplay in the first part was almost open-world like and gave you lots of space and freedom to fight the monsters, clearly having the player experience in mind in a hostile environment. Its much more fun and satisfactory to have an impression of being overwhelmed (something that's also enhanced by the large fantastic environment) then actually being overwhelmed with nowhere to go.  A matured Gazebo style who has really come to his own just like the water lotus. The latter parts however, get you crammed in small hallway-like spaces while spammed by thousands of monsters. The final part is especially too much, there's litterally millions of monsters here in a small space coming wave after wave.  I can't imagine someone getting through that without cheats.

So 9/10 for the 1st halve, 4/10 for the second part. 

I can only imagine if Insane Gazebo made the entire map how that would've turned out to be. The first part is impressive enough as it stands, but I just wish it was finished by one hand instead of two.

Here's hoping he finishes the map anyway by adding his own 2nd part and adds it to Sunder or something, that would be great!

I never really played a Bridgeburner map before so I'm curious to take a peek in that map aswell sometime.

Edited by OniriA

@OniriA I think Dac gelled perfectly with IG in making their map and complemented each others style perfectly. The ending fight is my favourite part. The timing of the light sequences with the lowering walls and the way it escalates is on point. IG's half is actually a bit easy but it leads nicely into the spicy stuff in the 2nd half.

Also, the maps are finalised and apart from bug fixing there is no further work being done on the maps.

42 minutes ago, OniriA said:

Offensive things

I haven't played the map...but I can safely tell you that you are wrong on all points.

Let us not confuse opinion with fact, lest we devolve into pointless argument

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@OniriA I think Dac gelled perfectly with IG in making their map and complemented each others style perfectly. The ending fight is my favourite part. The timing of the light sequences with the lowering walls and the way it escalates is on point. IG's half is actually a bit easy but it leads nicely into the spicy stuff in the 2nd half.

Also, the maps are finalised and apart from bug fixing there is no further work being done on the maps.

I think Dac did his best nonetheless, even tho it might've not gelled with me personally it's a highly impressive map nonetheless and I'm curious to see demo reels of the last parts aswell just to see how they handle it. There were no noticeable bugs that I've encountered in the IG/dac map either in my playthrough.

On a sidenote I do like to point that the Rocket Launcher seems to lack some impact. Right now it just go's "plop, plop, plop!" upon hitting something instead of a real explosion. Could use a little nudge there. The rest of the arsenal is fine and sounds fine. Was the instant weapon switching intentional to boost gameplay speed? 

1 hour ago, guitardz said:

I haven't played the map...but

I'd recommend playing the map then.

53 minutes ago, OniriA said:

I'd recommend playing the map then.

Oh, I will, but skimming through your post I jumped right into the part where you only mention one of the two authors of the map, this is already offensive.  Then you proceed to berate one half of the map assuming that it is made by "other author you refuse to name" when in reality you actually have no idea who made what parts of the map, you are only assuming this based on other Gazebo content you've played.  And then you top it off with "I can only imagine if Insane Gazebo made the entire map how that would've turned out to be. The first part is impressive enough as it stands, but I just wish it was finished by one hand instead of two." and follow it with "Here's hoping he finishes the map anyway by adding his own 2nd part and adds it to Sunder or something, that would be great!" which is basically just shitting on dac's efforts.  I'm not really sure how you can see your post as anything but offensive to dac.  I don't think you really understand the basic principle of this project and I think dac and Gazebo would both be pretty offended by your post.

this is already offensive

but offensive

pretty offended.

Me preferring one side of the map more then the other or not mentioning some author has no relation to offending anyone. Those are odd dots only you seem to connect. I stated that I respect both IG and dac's efforts, so why should they be offended? Because I liked IG's part more then dac? If you can't take opinions or reviews I don't understand why you even map to begin with.

But if you're a mapper on the level of IG or dac then being hurt by opinions, experiences or reviews of others is the least you should do.

Take your "offensive" banner somewhere else instead of trailing me about it, since you're derailing a project thread you're part of yourself, now that's offensive!

Somebody pls do a non-tas UV-max run of map 19. I think I needed at least 5 attempts for every encounter, starting from the first one lol

Oh boy, I suck at this game

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

Somebody pls do a non-tas UV-max run of map 19. I think I needed at least 5 attempts for every encounter, starting from the first one lol

Oh boy, I suck at this game

There is a reason this is being moved to a secret map :D

Don't feel bad, it is really fucking difficult on UV. Definitely not for everyone but very much a hardcore challenge. 

Okay, just signed up to say that this mapset is amazing. Good choice on Supercharge! and really nice touch of putting maps which empasize the scattergun.

Just finished MAP 17 (Arcane Technologies?) It was HELL, but in a good way. Last fight got laggy for 5 secs, but I really enjoyed myself doing it.

Thank you guys for your incredible work! \o/