Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

You draw it, I map it (now on idgames)

Ok, this sounds interesting so I'll give it a shot. I'm no artist.

1) This is an outside area on a floating platform with 2 bridges and 2 spaceship landing pads. This is a high tech starport.

2-5) 4 tech towers curve in toward the center. They are power stations for the starport.

6-7) The command control tower watching over the starport. The ground floor is filled with cool tech stuff and work stations and an elevator. The top floor is the command center lined with computers and a window looking out over the starport.

QPfPmIH.png

I guess I'll give this a go. Right above C3 is a door that leads to a hallway. The hallway leads to a few stairs and into a diamond shaped room. You can fill this with enemies or whatnot. Passing that room is another door leading to B3. Do as you wish. (yeah I know, my room doesn't take up too much space.)

image.png.b821882e9b20f54a337a18086d3a6f96.png

This thread needs some MS Paint, Im thinking top left is high ground, top right is secret. Do whatever you want with the room to make it flow better.

image.png.b821882e9b20f54a337a18086d3a6f96.png

mapd.png.9181572986fdd655a28ff63b762d096e.png

B3 is a room with a big pit filled with a hurtful liquid (green slime) and several circular platforms above. in order to get to one of the sides - you need to run across the platforms. If you fall -there are two teleport platforms that will bring you up to one of the two color-coded entrances (the entrance to B4 has no teleport).

mape.png.27410322713b73924c1501d1929c6623.png

Point 8 is a higher platform point with a key (or other type of power-up, if you wish), the green section is a toxic liquid pit where you can get out by the stairs you see, the hallway section have two exit point at east and west, with two separate ledges with some monsters at the northwest and northeast side of the room.

Are we allowed to edit cells that we changed before. So for example, if I did D5, then a couple people posted edits, could I take the edited image and add edits to D5? That way, 25 people can still participate, but there'll still be more detail.

• Locked by red skull key.
  • The area should be dark.
  • The pink squares are teleporters so you can get back up.
  • The orange circles could be imps (and/or chaingunners for extra annoyance), and their sectors are higher than the main platform.
    • Maybe there could also be a stronger monster in the middle.

mapf.png.9992cb17fb6f5a403956598be099b2ec.png

image.png.595d7c1933b7b597782d87ec9e1dfc6c.png
Just your generic room with a pillar in the center, staircases to rooms, and acid pits with teleporters.

image.png.e3c149e88659a600cb6c73b7173e4798.pngB5: An ominous looking pit with corps and gib decorations, blood gore, etc. In the middle of it all is an enticing item, one that would draw the players attention, perhaps a weapon, perhaps a useful item. the player is trapped in this pit, with only an opening to a teleport pad that is behind raised floor "bars". To open the bars, perhaps when the player takes the item or when a switch is pressed

. The raised floor bars act as as a timer, floor set high enough to keep the player in the room for a surprise monster teleport in attack. Perhaps one massive spawn in or waves of monsters on raised floor timers. Room should have enough bullets/shells to handle the onslaught, these could also be timed in with lowering pillars. The teleport pad is the only way out.
Obviously feel free to interpret this another way if you see fit! This is quite a wordy response.

limited myself to just one square as per the rules

image.png

Edited by CBM

2 minutes ago, gunkye said:

@CBM i think you were supposed to use only one cell

yes, thats why I just altered it, 2 seconds ago

I'm just using D1, and limited it to a few rooms in the cell

C4: added a bfg and cyberdemon room. the doors that lead to it tho need a blue lock. since the trigger is tied to the bfg it's completly optional (i guess?)

image-1.png.5204358a63782e98d34cf63838ecd80d.png.a0aa4033b583de0d09c93029df1cb4ec.png

Edited by Robot J

Neat idea. Also once again impressed by Doomworld's quality of discourse compared to other places on the Internet. 22 replies in and no dicks. Kudos Gentlemen and possibly ladies.

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

Neat idea. Also once again impressed by Doomworld's quality of discourse compared to other places on the Internet. 22 replies in and no dicks. Kudos Gentlemen and possibly ladies.

Agreed. Lots of cool stuff gets done on this forum, and I love seeing it all unfold.

"I'm so proud of this community!"

1 minute ago, donevan427 said:

@murdoch Oh great, now someones going to draw a dick on our map!

... woops.

5 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

22 replies in and no dicks.

From the moment i found this thread i wanted to be the dick drawing guy but i really can't be asked to make penile pixels in paint.

2 minutes ago, SOSU said:

From the moment i found this thread i wanted to be the dick drawing guy but i really can't be asked to make penile pixels in paint.

First class alliteration there.