Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

You draw it, I map it (now on idgames)

1 hour ago, Rince-wind said:

I did some minor bug fixing and texture changing, nothing worth downloading again, I'm still waiting for the full midi. While we wait I ask everyone who contributed to play the latest updated version of the wad so you can tell me if you want anything to be changed while it still can be

Will you include and keep the original post up to date with the latest file? I plan on doing a playthrough video this weekend but I want to be absolutely sure I grab the right one haha

19 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Will you include and keep the original post up to date with the latest file? I plan on doing a playthrough video this weekend but I want to be absolutely sure I grab the right one haha

The final version will be edited in the OP, I'm also going to put it on idgames

2 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

The final version will be edited in the OP, I'm also going to put it on idgames

Awesome will you also post the latest version? I want to be sure to play the most up to date file

Those domains certainly are disjointed.

This map looks really good, well done to everyone involved. It's awesome to see this in actual map form, and I had fun comparing the map to everyone's original drawings and seeing what was included and changed.

This is a pretty great map I love how the community came together for this - good job putting it together @Rince-wind & @Soulless

I think I played the latest version, every time I play there's subtle differences that threw me off haha.

There's a lot to see and do here and it's quite challenge, I think I died a bunch of times but here is my video anyway !

It was really fun to have participated in this project of making a single very extensive map with many enemies and many rooms to explore, without a doubt, it was a good fun and unforgettable experience for me. In other news, I will do my part by leaving my post about the success I had playing Wad.

DISJOINTED DOMAINS (25 maps from 25 users in one wad)

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Meatgrinder

*Deaths: 2 (1. Killed by a Revenant in a secret room; 2. Killed by Cacodemon in the room from the Blue Key) 

*Saves: 1 (I became so obsessed with killing that I forgot to save while playing, so I had to repeat everything from where I had saved.)

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-121959.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122003.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122020.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122031.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122036.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122043.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122051.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122054.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122109.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122114.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122119.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122136.pngScreenshot-Doom-20201112-122143.pngScreenshot-Doom-20201112-122158.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122214.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122229.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122238.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122311.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122326.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122343.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122352.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122359.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122413.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122419.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122433.png

(Hey, this is my part, although it really is not how I had it in mind, I suppose I did not explain myself well in some things, but hey, at least much of the initial idea was preserved, more or less.)

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122440.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122447.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201112-122455.png

I'll do my best not to do too much text here.

The map in general was interesting, fun, stressful and very entertaining, there were really very good creative minds in this project (including me of course), each of the structures and architectures of the map were very good, some if they felt a little uncomfortable, and others felt big and with a lot of space, and others seemed that they had more decoration than enemies in sight, I don't really know how to describe it all with my words, but as I said at the beginning, I will not do much text here, therefore, The images are worth more than a thousand words, although yes, I will make a quick comment regarding the difficulty of the map. The Wad has all the enemies of Doom 2, without any exception, they are all here, which means that everything on the map will be completely complicated and without the possibility of surviving without making saves that help constant progression so as not to have to repeat it all over again, and indeed, that's the way everything is on the map, except that there were some slight but very noticeable changes in the appearance of the enemies, such as replacing some of these enemies with others that are weak or with greater power of damage, an example of this is the change of the 3 Archviles that were in room "C3", and so on.

In general, I liked everything a lot, I enjoyed it to the fullest, I wanted blood and guts on the ground and I got it, I wanted maximum violence and I also got it, so I'm satisfied with the result, although yes, the map is still complicated for the level of difficulty in which it has been placed, in UV, things are shaking very hard for the marine if he is not prepared for the surprise attacks, but again, everything was really good, although I do have complaints about some things, like coming and forbidding jumping or crouching as if that really affects a lot of what is seen here, or also the fact of not providing much ammo for the Cell weapon in the first rooms, as not to deplete the ammo of the other weapons, the cell weapon is a good option, but a pity only packages of 20 cells come. Anyway, that was all I had to say, I am glad I was part of this, and thank you for making everything elaborated in the group worksheet come true.

Thanks for the review @ElPadrecitoCholo. Hope you liked your room, even though I changed blood for slime, I think it fits better, and didnt want to use same liquid as previous room, but I think I included every enemy you wanted there.

38 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Thanks for the review @ElPadrecitoCholo. Hope you liked your room, even though I changed blood for slime, I think it fits better, and didnt want to use same liquid as previous room, but I think I included every enemy you wanted there.

@Soulless You're welcome, it was really good what you did, up to a point, it was all good, although I do not remember having ordered Hell Knights, Barons of Hell, and an Archvile in my pack of weak enemies, I suppose I will have to talk to the dealer so that clarify some doubts, haha

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long!! Final version of the song shouldn't be more than a couple hours away, so just hang tight. ~7:36 in length, it's a doozy. It sadly is more than 96 KB in size but I'm under the impression that's not a big deal unless you're playing with a VERY vanilla version of the game??

Edited by CammyBanana

Again, sorry to have kept you all waiting as long as I have - but it's finally done. It's one of the more wild things I've written and I'm really pleased with how it came out, hope the rest of you enjoy it as well!! It's for SURE better than listening to the same 20 seconds of music the whole time

2 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

for example, DOSBOX Doom II?

Maybe?? I'm not super well-minded about what constitutes a "vanilla" version in this context and honestly I might be just straight-up wrong. I tried looking for a MIDI file size limit for Doom and the only thing I could find was that MUS files can't be bigger than ~63 KB. Hope this all works without a headache one way or another, I imagine it'll be fine though.

Pain-and-Paper.zip

8 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

I appreciate the review but you should put the images under a spoiler so they don't hog as much space

@Rince-wind You're welcome, and I will do my best to try not to put too many images, although I do not promise to place them in Spoilers, since I do not feel very comfortable doing it, although I do make my slight exceptions, but in general, I need to publish the photos because it is important to me.

15 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@Rince-wind You're welcome, and I will do my best to try not to put too many images, although I do not promise to place them in Spoilers, since I do not feel very comfortable doing it, although I do make my slight exceptions, but in general, I need to publish the photos because it is important to me.

What do you mean you're not comfortable using spoiler tags?? the author of this thread politely asked you to use them because most people don't want to scroll through an excessive amount of pictures. 

8 minutes ago, Clippy said:

What do you mean you're not comfortable using spoiler tags?? the author of this thread politely asked you to use them because most people don't want to scroll through an excessive amount of pictures. 

Really Clippy?, C'mon dude... Hmf, I'll do it later, okay?

Yo just finished playing this. It was quite good though I didn't get much use of the BFG. Sounds like a great concept for a short 11-map Megawad/Episode.

Cool map, neat gimmick, I got 7 of 8 secrets, with the final one being the Soul Sphere guarded by the Hell Knights. I couldn't figure out how to get up there. I looked at it in the editor and as I suspected, you have to teleport up there, but I couldn't figure out where from, even in the editor.

16 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

I looked at it in the editor and as I suspected, you have to teleport up there, but I couldn't figure out where from, even in the editor.

There is a switch sneakily hidden behind some barrels near the bunker that teleports you in the tower

Haha, just watched the playthrough - this thing is like some upscaled episode of that Cube movie. Good thing the beach went in! Ties it together & gives a much needed sense of frame/place. The midi's worth the admission price alone, had me tapping my foot. :)

Surprised no one left a grid wall or two "open" to the adjacent grid!

On 11/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, CammyBanana said:

Pain-and-Paper.zip

I feel like we have another yet fucking killing machine, as to composing MIDIs. What an impressive MIDI!