Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chezza

Sandy Peterson Reacts to Doom Eternal

I always enjoy watching the original creators of Doom play or view the modern Doom games. John Romero struggled but was fun watching his reaction to glory kills, as for Sandy he has his son playing and comments on the game.

If not for the video itself, it's interesting seeing Sandy Peterson share some  original game design and thoughts for the original Doom.

Not relevant to the initial Doom Eternal post, but a little video about one of the Doom 2 maps.

I will be waiting for @Doomkid response video for 1:40.

1:19: "... there's a pair of red eyes which I always told my wife it was her. If you shoot the eyes, it opens the bathroom door..."

On 10/19/2020 at 5:04 AM, Chezza said:

I always enjoy watching the original creators of Doom play or view the modern Doom games. John Romero struggled but was fun watching his reaction to glory kills, as for Sandy he has his son playing and comments on the game.

If not for the video itself, it's interesting seeing Sandy Peterson share some  original game design and thoughts for the original Doom.

Would it be rude to point out to Sandy that Mario does not, in fact, double jump?

23 hours ago, Jello said:

Would it be rude to point out to Sandy that Mario does not, in fact, double jump?

It depends from the game and suits equipped. In super Mario U, 3dworld and odyssey he definitely can.

On jeudi 10 décembre 2020 at 9:20 AM, Jello said:

He can in Smash Bros.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:11 AM, Gez said:

He can in Smash Bros.

I didn't think I needed to mention Smash Bros simply because every character in there can double jump. I was referring to airbone double jumps, like in Doom: Eternal. @KaosYes, in Odyssey he can jump off of Cappy in mid-air, but that's not a double jump. He's jumping off of something. As far as I know, aside from Smash Bros (which isn't really a Mario Game), there is no Mario game where Mario can perform a double jump in mid-air. Some characters in Mario games have had that ability, but Mario has not. 

And Sandy was referring to it like something Mario just does all the time; I highly doubt Sandy has spent that much time playing Super Mario U, 3DWorld, and Odyssey just so he can confidently say "Mario double jumps all the time because of these rare instances", although I could be wrong.

Now i sort of imagine Doomguy with an ability to summon something beneath him, either to jump off of it or to avoid falling to an endless pit.

Like, imagine if he could summon shield walls like the Carcass or use the 2016 MP wall shield and you could even put it in an horizontal position by aiming down, like a floating platform.

You'd be creating a level platform in real time, just to not fall off or something and feel like a Megaman-esque ability.