Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robot J

What should I do?

This is going to be straightforward. I’ve been depressed for awhile. Sometimes I even think of suicide. I’ve been working and planning a few projects too which require work which add stress which makes me just... I don’t know. I wanna finish my projects but I want to take a break. I don’t know what to do. I want your guys opinions on what I should do.

Number 1. Seek professional help :-) Don’t be scared or ashamed to see someone! It is by far the best thing you can do as they can really get to know you and then they can suggest the best strategies for you :-)

Not everyone is the same (which is a good thing - would be a bloody boring world if we all ticked the same way) so something that works for me may not work for you and visa versa :-)

Lastly, don’t forget it always passes :-) No matter how dark things look, they always get better!

Also here is another thread from a member that was having a hard time recently :-) A bunch of people added things that work for them so might be worth a look as well.

Really hope that helps!

Hey again :-)

How you holding up today?

Were any of the strategies / suggestions in that other thread of any help?

Really hope your doing alright :-)

5 hours ago, DooM Bear said:

Hey again :-)

How you holding up today?

Were any of the strategies / suggestions in that other thread of any help?

Really hope your doing alright :-)

I did what I do sometimes to make me happy. Playing my favorite games

1 minute ago, Robot J said:

That's help me too, make me relax and just chill while enjoying stuff of mechanics of my favorites games.
Also i share opinions of stuff that i play in Discord or Twitter, it's also great when other people talk about stuff that you enjoy.

8 hours ago, Robot J said:

Yeah, chill out!
Relax!

Projects are mean to be fun, if you are not having fun, go away from them, try other things and then come back.
Everything has their up and downs.

And the pressure (your own; the one you feel imposed; your family; etc.) will always be there...itching and never fading.

And learning how to deal with it is one of the hardes part of growing.

One thing i learn after years and years trying to map and never, yes, NEVER having the patience to work them out, is that maybe, you could collaborate or contribute in another way.

The most problematic thing is learning your way with the builder.

Probably you stumbled with something that you tried to fix for hours, and then you realice you just needed to do it another way.

Well, when you are learning your way on the builder, those things are the worst and most mentally draining and damaging for yourself.

I stumble with things like that, and not touched the builder for... years maybe.

Then i come back, and then do what i wanted just like clapping hands...until i stumble with something else again hahahaha

Two days, two sessions in a row with that are enough to drain anyone mental health to almost zero.

Making you think that you are not up to this, that you are useless and you better not continue.

But thats not right at all.

Again, pal!

Relax!

Go at your own pace!

Never let your urges dominates you.

1 minute ago, P41R47 said:

Probably you stumbled with something that you tried to fix for hours, and then you realice you just needed to do it another way.

That actually just happened to me a bit ago but it took only about an hour