Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMTIME

1994 redone

1994 redoomed  

34 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. do you want to join or not

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/20 at 11:41 PM

@DOOMTIME Just map for fun until your experience grows, dont take your 1st maps seriously, is just a learning proccess, in no time you will build faster and better.

I started mapping a year ago, and my 1st map is buried so nobody will look at it or acknowledge its existence.

Just put in a map everything you may want to use in a "serious" map later, from lifts to teleporters, so you are used to it for the next one.

Or maybe create all new 1994-style maps (playable and balanced maps, but scrappy texturing and unrealistic areas) into a new Episode 2 replacement, but include the typical movie sounds (Door sounds from Alien, etc) and midis (like Terminator and Blade Runne theme), etc.

31 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Or maybe create all new 1994-style maps (playable and balanced maps, but scrappy texturing and unrealistic areas) into a new Episode 2 replacement, but include the typical movie sounds (Door sounds from Alien, etc) and midis (like Terminator and Blade Runne theme), etc.

Oh yeah, that's actually a great idea!

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

So I got a message from this thread starter telling me I had to help with this. Not asking nicely or anything... And I don't even know what this is. Apparently neither does anybody else including the thread starter. 

Very unreasonable request dude. I like helping people out but come on. 

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

Wow.

That is very rude, I can tell DOOMTIME is new to mapping and all, but that's just plain out rude. No wonder almost everybody voted no on this post.

hey OP.. we are already doing several community projects like this on doomworld... maybe join gzdoom-1 instead? we need all the help we can get

we can use people of all skills levels

this is also a public invitation to everybody else to join the gzdoom-1 project

given the nature of this thread, I do not feel too bad about hijacking it

YARRR!!!

should anyone wish to join gzdoom-1 then I will be your captain on the project

Before starting a "remake" project, you should improve your own skills first, and the maps you've been posting so far show that you need a lot of experience.

And not just mapping, but social skills as well.

@DOOMTIME, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

(people who were here before the forum update should remember this)

3 hours ago, CBM said:

hey OP.. we are already doing several community projects like this on doomworld... maybe join gzdoom-1 instead? we need all the help we can get

we can use people of all skills levels

this is also a public invitation to everybody else to join the gzdoom-1 project

given the nature of this thread, I do not feel too bad about hijacking it

YARRR!!!

should anyone wish to join gzdoom-1 then I will be your captain on the project

CBM is doing MedalSpam.png.3f363eb1b7b63a409b4b6d5f86b1ce8f.png of his community project

9 hours ago, Clippy said:

So I got a message from this thread starter telling me I had to help with this. Not asking nicely or anything... And I don't even know what this is. Apparently neither does anybody else including the thread starter. 

Very unreasonable request dude. I like helping people out but come on. 

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

Well, get to work muthafucka!

3 hours ago, URROVA said:

CBM is doing MedalSpam.png.3f363eb1b7b63a409b4b6d5f86b1ce8f.png of his community project

well.. I have to do SOMETHING to get the project going.. LOL

hey every one im so sorry. i  dont want to this anymore you guys can still talk here but im not doing it. im not gonna be posting again until the 

post is dead .

No worries friend just next time get more organized before you put out a request like this. 

this is a friendly fun community that a lot of people like to help each other out but all parties have to put the effort in 🤠

Good luck in your future ventures and do keep on mapping!

22 hours ago, DOOMTIME said:

hey every one im so sorry. i  dont want to this anymore you guys can still talk here but im not doing it. im not gonna be posting again until the 

post is dead .

Dude it's okay. You're new to mapping and that's fine, keep at it, and I'm sure you can make some great maps in the future! Don't let this one thread discourage you from mapping entirely.