Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

good news

the servcice i will be getting for DSL is earthlink. they alow me to have a server that can be accsessed by u guys. sadly i will have to wait at most a few months before it is avilable here but it should be sooner than that. here in ohio many cities are upgradeing phone line just for DSl and T1 internet and this city is no different

Well, I can tell you what my old boss would say: Earthlink has been promising DSL service "to be ready in a matter of weeks" in his town for almost 2 years now. He ended up getting a cable service after about a year and a half.

Huh? I allow myself to have a server too; what you mean?
What providers, besides AOL maybe, don't allow servers?

yea i know but here many services are alowing dsl. We live around some of the biggest cities here and phone line just for dsl are almost complete. they have been makeing these new standards around here for the last 4 years. also many ISP's do not alow servers, AOL is totaly retarted if they have a broad band systems it would suck and not be worth it. anything from AOL sucks

You have AIM nethertheless ;)

(And I have ICQ, which is AOL too; this sucks. ALL instant messengers are retarded; ICQ is just one of the 'lesser evils'. Shit. Even if a good instant messanger existed, no one would use it.)

What providers, besides AOL maybe, don't allow servers?

Just about every high-speed ISP in the US.

You are lucky to get damn DSL im stuck here with this damn 56k for years now, and I dont see it changing any time soon.

Hey, I still have a 28.8!! You think YOu got it bad?

You over privliged babies.. I have a 2.3.. >=)

Hell, I have a 56k that never connects above 26400bps. I wish I had a 28.8, I could almost get 3k a second with a bad boy like that.

56k modems are just fucking sad.

For some reason in this part of ohio, I'm the only doomer out of the 4-6 I know with anything above 56k. According to Ameritech, the Dsl service is throughout all of Montgomery County, but no one except me has been able to get it. It's fairly cheap, they give you the box and network card for $100 dollars (before a $99 dollar rebate :) and only costs $30 monthly. Oddly enough it seems no one else can get it :/

Well I dunno if this is even that I think.. it takes 10 goddamn minutes to get into hotmail! Something about that seems wrong to me..

I remeber I got on the Internet at a friend's house and he had a 14.4. That was just totally pathetic. It took an hour to download a 5-meg demo! 28.8 is not much better. Slightly faster, but it still sucks. 56K is the standard modem. I have one. It's nothing special. It gets the job done. I've never had the privilege to actually get cable/DSL where I live, because the idiots who run the government in good old North Carolina (where I live, coincidentally) haven't given a thought to all the poor saps like me who have to live with 56Ks. Man, I wish I had a connection where I could be on the 'Net and the phone at the SAME TIME.