Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomfan444

Problem with Map 30 of Sunlust

I am currently playing Sunlust and am about to finally complete it, however I have encountered a problem in Map 30, God Machine. In the "cathedral" section where you can telefrag three cyberdemons after you press a secret switch nothing happens. The same thing happens in the secret where you have to lure the cyberdemons in the pad and telefrag them. I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my source port (GlBoom+). This really frustrates me because I have completed the rest of the WAD with 100% kills and this would mean that I wouldn't be able to complete the last map that way.

Edited by doomfan444

3 minutes ago, doomfan444 said:

I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my source port (GlBoom).

It may be more than likely that your Source Port has a lot to do with that, normally many play that kind of maps in Ports like GZDoom, ZDoom, or even in Zandronum, but you hardly see many using ports like the one you have used. on this occasion.

2 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

It may be more than likely that your Source Port has a lot to do with that, normally many play that kind of maps in Ports like GZDoom, ZDoom, or even in Zandronum, but you hardly see many using ports like the one you have used. on this occasion.

Sorry, forgot to put that it was GlBoom+. This might be, but I think it was designed as a Boom compatible WAD.

5 minutes ago, doomfan444 said:

Sorry, forgot to put that it was GlBoom+. This might be, but I think it was designed as a Boom compatible WAD.

not all Wads become 100% compatible with Boom, they may look normal at first, but later they can give serious problems later, as is your case, partner

Tried it with GZDoom and it solved the problem, however I don't like that port too much. I will try to see if I can fix it myself on GlBoom+.

Sunlust is 100% compatible with prboom+ (or glboom+) on complevel 9, and if the OP was able to complete the other 31 maps without problems then I think it's enough evidence that the issue in question should be somewhere else. 

58 minutes ago, doomfan444 said:

In the "cathedral" section where you can telefrag three cyberdemons after you press a secret switch nothing happens. The same thing happens in the secret where you have to lure the cyberdemons in the pad and telefrag them.

What do you mean with "nothing happens"? Is it that you can't find how to progress, or the way out of the secret? As far as I'm aware, the cyberdemons are meant to be fragged by candles, because it's map 30, so if that isn't happening I'm not sure what could be the reason.

8 minutes ago, doomfan444 said:

Tried it with GZDoom and it solved the problem, however I don't like that port too much. I will try to see if I can fix it myself on GlBoom+.

That's great dude, good luck in fixed the problem!