Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Favorite Level From Each Map Number?

Shout-out to @ReaperAA, his Best MAP 30 thread is what inspired this one! Basically, just name your favorite map for each slot, from MAP01 to MAP32. For example, Entryway is my favorite MAP01, Misri Halek is my favorite MAP20, Afterlife is my favorite MAP26...

I don't think every map slot has something special to be some kind of 'category' for custom levels, like map01 (first level), 07 (dead simple clone), 29 (penultimate level, usually the most difficult), 30 (final level featuring the boss fight), 31-32 (secret levels).

27 minutes ago, dmslr said:

I don't think every map slot has something special to be some kind of 'category' for custom levels, like map01 (first level), 07 (dead simple clone), 29 (penultimate level, usually the most difficult), 30 (final level featuring the boss fight), 31-32 (secret levels).

Excuse me? I wasn't talking about map archetypes. I was just asking about your favorite levels from each map slot.

Too difficult for me to get a whole list, but got a few of my easier choices down:

MAP06 - Count Trakula's Castle (50 Shades of GRAYTALL)

MAP07 - The Mancubian Candidate (Valiant)

MAP10 - Ruins (Jenesis) (either that or Fomalhaut from THT: Threnody)

MAP12 - Transduction (TNT: Revilution)

MAP16 - Leave Your Sol Behind (Ancient Aliens)

MAP19 - Cryosleep (Whispers of Satan)

MAP22 - Acerola-Orion (Ancient Aliens)

MAP24 - Tough Skin River (BTSX E1)

MAP30 - God Machine (Sunlust)

MAP31 - Festering Wicked Helix Sectors (Resurgence)

MAP32 - Anagnorisis (Eviternity)

1 minute ago, Eris Falling said:

Too difficult for me to get a whole list, but got a few of my easier choices down:

MAP06 - Count Trakula's Castle (50 Shades of GRAYTALL)

MAP10 - Ruins (Jenesis) (either that or Fomalhaut from THT: Threnody)

MAP12 - Transduction (TNT: Revilution)

MAP16 - Leave Your Sol Behind (Ancient Aliens)

MAP19 - Cryosleep (Whispers of Satan)

MAP22 - Acerola-Orion (Ancient Aliens)

MAP24 - Tough Skin River (BTSX E1)

MAP30 - God Machine (Sunlust)

MAP31 - Festering Wicked Helix Sectors (Resurgence)

Great choices!

8 hours ago, DSC said:

Excuse me? I wasn't talking about map archetypes. I was just asking about your favorite levels from each map slot.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to understand why map20 of one wad should be compared to map20 of another wad. What do they have in common except the number 20?

Just now, dmslr said:

Sorry, but it's hard for me to understand why map20 of one wad should be compared to map20 of another wad. What do they have in common except the number 20?

Thats the point... Between all the different levels who have the number in common you choose your favorite. And I don't see why comparing them is problematic, these aren't movies or games, they're Doom levels, they all have more in common than what they don't...

23 hours ago, DSC said:

Shout-out to @ReaperAA, his Best MAP 30 thread is what inspired this one!..

dmslr was the one who made the best MAP 30 thread :D

14 hours ago, dmslr said:

For shits and giggles, I presume.

How about actually answering the question instead of pondering about the point of answering it? The point is the fun of it, so here's my list. I haven't played all megawads out there and some of the choices were pretty hard, but these are the ones that I remember most fondly from the wads I did play:

MAP01 - Ancient Navajo Wolf Warp (Ancient Aliens)
MAP02 - Smelling Faintly of Roses (Finely Crafted Fetish Film)
MAP03 - Crawl Space (Going Down)
MAP04 - Nucleus (Eternal Doom)
MAP05 - Fortress of Damnation (Slaughterfest 2012)
MAP06 - The Crusher (Doom 2 in Name Only)
MAP08 - Fortress of Bullets (TNT: Revilution)
MAP09 - The Gambit (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
MAP10 - Superstructure (Vanguard)
MAP11 - My Fav (Japanese Community Project)
MAP12 - Darkdome (Eternal Doom)
MAP13 - Monster Dash (NOVA II: New Dawn)
MAP14 - Pistol Only (Eternal Doom)
MAP15 - City Heat (Community Chest 2)
MAP16 - Devil's Den (TNT: Revilution)
MAP17 - Electric Wizard (Slaughterfest 2012)
MAP18 - Cargo Bay (Icarus: Alien Vanguard)
MAP19 - Bad Blood (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP20 - Interstellar Sickness (Community Chest 4)
MAP21 - Diablo's Heart (Kama Sutra)
MAP22 - Triad of the Minds (1 Monster)
MAP23 - Made by Crates (Czechbox)
MAP24 - The Mucus Flow (Community Chest 2)
MAP25 - Parasite Hive (NOVA II: New Dawn)
MAP26 - Dark Dome (Alien Vendetta)
MAP27 - Hard Cover (Going Down)
MAP28 - Floating Arena (Ancient Aliens)
MAP29 - Ticket to Eternity (Plutonia 2)
MAP30 - Megiddo (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP31 - Iron Exuviae (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP32 - Mutare (Community Chest 4)

2 minutes ago, Willy W. said:

How about actually answering the question instead of pondering about the point of answering it? The point is the fun of it, so here's my list. I haven't played all megawads out there and some of the choices were pretty hard, but these are the ones that I remember most fondly from the wads I did play:

MAP01 - Ancient Navajo Wolf Warp (Ancient Aliens)
MAP02 - Smelling Faintly of Roses (Finely Crafted Fetish Film)
MAP03 - Crawl Space (Going Down)
MAP04 - Nucleus (Eternal Doom)
MAP05 - Fortress of Damnation (Slaughterfest 2012)
MAP06 - The Crusher (Doom 2 in Name Only)
MAP08 - Fortress of Bullets (TNT: Revilution)
MAP09 - The Gambit (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
MAP10 - Superstructure (Vanguard)
MAP11 - My Fav (Japanese Community Project)
MAP12 - Darkdome (Eternal Doom)
MAP13 - Monster Dash (NOVA II: New Dawn)
MAP14 - Pistol Only (Eternal Doom)
MAP15 - City Heat (Community Chest 2)
MAP16 - Devil's Den (TNT: Revilution)
MAP17 - Electric Wizard (Slaughterfest 2012)
MAP18 - Cargo Bay (Icarus: Alien Vanguard)
MAP19 - Bad Blood (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP20 - Interstellar Sickness (Community Chest 4)
MAP21 - Diablo's Heart (Kama Sutra)
MAP22 - Triad of the Minds (1 Monster)
MAP23 - Made by Crates (Czechbox)
MAP25 - Parasite Hive (NOVA II: New Dawn)
MAP26 - Dark Dome (Alien Vendetta)
MAP27 - Hard Cover (Going Down)
MAP28 - Floating Arena (Ancient Aliens)
MAP29 - Ticket to Eternity (Plutonia 2)
MAP30 - Megiddo (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP31 - Iron Exuviae (NOVA: The Birth)
MAP32 - Mutare (Community Chest 4)

Some great choices here! I'm especially very found of Dark Dome and Mutare, the latter is still one of the most original concepts I've ever seen in a level, blew my mind away first time playing...

But Interstellar Sickness... I can't even consider that a level... Its art.

These "what's your favorite X" threads are becoming quite ridiculous. What's next? "What's you favorite nodebuilder-generated vertex in each map"?

MAP01 - Pistol Panic (Community Chest)

MAP02 - Doxylamine Moon (Sacrament)

MAP03 - Doomsday Machine (NDCP)

MAP04 - Relentless (The Darkening)

MAP05 - Living Hell (Community Chest 3)

MAP06 - Hillside Siege (Alien Vendetta)

MAP07 - To Hell and Back (Community Chest 2)

MAP08 - Beast Island (Alien Vendetta)

MAP09 - Holding Area (Scythe X)

MAP10 - Skagway (UAC Ultra)

MAP11 - Feeding Frenzy (Icarus)

MAP12 - Black Rain (Community Chest 3)

MAP13 - Mining Project (Scythe 2)

MAP14 - The Haunted Mines (Scythe 2)

MAP15 - The Devil's Coterie (Memento Mori II)

MAP31 - 1010011010 (Speed of Doom) 

MAP32 - Sodding Death (Community Chest 2)

MAP16 -  Mr. X (Scythe 2)

MAP17 - Underground Barrage (Resurgence) 

MAP18 - Godforsaken Hole (Community Chest 3)

MAP19 - Technoprison (Community Chest 4)

MAP20 - The Gates (Scythe 2)

MAP21 - Shaman's Device (Community Chest 4)

MAP22 - Thematic Elements (Community Chest 2)

MAP23 - Hatred (Requiem)

MAP25 - Nightmare Complex (Community Chest 4)

MAP26 - Blessed Hellscape (Speed of Doom)

MAP27 - Afterlife II (Scythe 2)

MAP28 - Fraud (Unholy Realms)

MAP29 - Strayed from Sanity (NDCP)

MAP30 - Haunting Dreams (Scythe 2)

Some of these choices were surprisingly difficult. Guess I need to play more WADs.

24 minutes ago, boris said:

These "what's your favorite X" threads are becoming quite ridiculous. What's next? "What's you favorite nodebuilder-generated vertex in each map"?

Thats ridiculously over-exaggerated. Just beacuse you don't enjoy them doesn't give you the right to act like an asshole.

39 minutes ago, boris said:

And why not? I'll start, here's a list of my favourite nodebuilder-generated vertices in each map of Doom 2:

Spoiler

MAP01 - position -464, 1280
MAP02 - position 1112, 1304
MAP03 - position 4184, 3240
MAP04 - positions -1752, 1792 and -1408, 768 (it's impossible to pick out of these two, because they both work in tandem)
MAP05 - position 445, -1376
MAP06 - position 1152, 464
MAP07 - position -1792, 592
MAP08 - position 2944, 5226
MAP09 - position 512, 256
MAP10 - position 1152, 736
MAP11 - position 632, 2488
MAP12 - position 32, 2032
MAP13 - position 199, -3264
MAP14 - position 2984, 192
MAP15 - position -664, -4248
MAP16 - position 1523, 102 (hands down my favourite in the entire megawad)
MAP17 - position -1744, -1344
MAP18 - position 1728, 1369 (this one was a really tough call, because the map doesn't really have any particularly good ones)
MAP19 - position -576, 1517
MAP20 - position 2104, -640
MAP21 - position 1424, 4672
MAP22 - position 16, 728
MAP23 - position -64, 384
MAP24 - position -2044, -2360
MAP25 - position -640, 2560
MAP26 - position 704, 920 (hehe, I know it's childish, but I still had to pick this one lol)
MAP27 - position 224, -928
MAP28 - position 273, -1648
MAP29 - position 829, 738
MAP30 - position 2920, 896
MAP31 - position -896, 2436
MAP32 - positions 128, 8320 and 768, 7936 (same as MAP04)

Jokes aside, this question really isn't ridiculous at all, if you just try to answer it on your own. It makes you form a small list for each slot of maps that don't really have much in common, and then has you pick only one that was simply the most fun out of those, which isn't always easy. Plus it can serve as a pretty good list of personal recommendations - some of the wads I mentioned I wouldn't really recommend playing in their entirety, but those particular maps out of them are definitely worth playing on their own.
So really, I just think you're being a little bit of an assbiscuit for no reason here.

1 hour ago, boris said:

meh, still better than the countless 'worst X' threads. Also vertex 423 in E1M1 is pretty rad.

Any megawad with a map23 slot that isn't a Barrels O' Fun homage deserves it's rightful place in the recycle bin.

It's a joke, I know it's obvious to some of us, but you never know...

Way too hard. I'm gonna give it a little twist and limit myself only to Doom 2 and Final Doom:

Map 01 - TNT: System Control

Map 02 - TNT: Human BBQ

Map 03 - Plutonia: Aztec

Map 04 - Plutonia: Caged

Map 05 - Plutonia: Ghost Town

Map 06 - TNT: Open Season

Map 07 - TNT: Prison

Map 08 - Plutonia: Realm

Map 09 - TNT: Stronghold

Map 10 - Doom 2: Refueling Base

Map 11 - TNT: Storage Facility

Map 12 - Plutonia: Speed

Map 13 - Doom 2: Downtown

Map 14 - Plutonia: Genesis

Map 15 - Doom 2: Industrial Zone

Map 16 - Doom 2: Suburbs

Map 17 - TNT: Processing Area

Map 18 - TNT: Mill

Map 19 - TNT: Shipping/Respawning

Map 20 - TNT: Central Processing

Map 21 - Plutonia: Slayer

Map 22 - Doom 2: The Catacombs

Map 23 - Plutonia: Tombstone

Map 24 - Doom 2: The Chasm

Map 25 - Plutonia: The Temple of Darkness (wow, not a great map slot)

Map 26 - Doom 2: The Abandoned Mines

Map 27 - TNT: Mt. Pain

Map 28 - Doom 2: The Spirit World

Map 29 - Plutonia: Odyssey of Noises

Map 30 - TNT: Last Call

Map 31 - TNT: Pharaoh

Map 32 - Plutonia: Go 2 It

Bold = easy choice. Underline = hard choice

That's 13 for TNT, 11 for Plutonia, and 8 for Doom 2

Edited by HAK3180 : Forgot to bold my actual favorite iwad map

I couldn't do them all, but here's some:

MAP01 - Palace of Black Singularity (The Slaughter Spectrum)

MAP02 - Acid Jungle (Paradise)

MAP03 - Drain (Eviternity)

MAP04 - Violence (Violence)

MAP05 - Felt (Disjunction)

MAP06 - Engineering Disaster (Valiant)

MAP08 - Ancient Aliens (Ancient Aliens)

MAP10 - Gift of Denial (Ancient Aliens)

MAP11 - Oracle's Frontier Town (Exomoon)

MAP12 - Magenta Heat (Ancient Aliens)

MAP13 - Pathfinder (Eviternity)

MAP16 - King's Atrium (Exomoon)

MAP17 - Arcane Technologies (Mapwich 2)

MAP20 - Inverti in Darkness (Sunlust)

MAP21 - Skindustrial Zone (Valiant) and Shaman Device (CC4) (I couldn't decide between the two)

MAP22 - Viscera (Eviternity)

MAP24 - Gossamer (Eviternity)

MAP29 - Anaemia (NOVA 2)

If every wad I ever played was still fresh in my memory, I probably would've been able to do them all.

2 hours ago, Willy W. said:

Jokes aside, this question really isn't ridiculous at all, if you just try to answer it on your own. It makes you form a small list for each slot of maps that don't really have much in common, and then has you pick only one that was simply the most fun out of those, which isn't always easy. Plus it can serve as a pretty good list of personal recommendations - some of the wads I mentioned I wouldn't really recommend playing in their entirety, but those particular maps out of them are definitely worth playing on their own.
So really, I just think you're being a little bit of an assbiscuit for no reason here.

Precisely. You don't need to be deep and thoughtful all the time. There is the opportunity to lay back, relax and have fun too. Some mediocrity can be good, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Boy, boy, boy... What a thread! Let's try. 

Map 01 - In the end I place Congo here. Just a blast, however you try. It's quite unorthodox. 

Map 02 - It's Rusty Rage. The early maps in Alien Vendetta are actually great. 

Map 03 - Aztec. By far. 

Map 04 - Oh wow... so many maps numbered 4 are just... cringy. I don't hate them, but they really are either a slap in the face or just have that one thing for disliking. One stands out to me though - Nucleus by Cranium (Eternal Doom.) 

Map 05 - Hangar from TNT Evilution. I still remember spending 5 years until I could find out how to get to that stupid blue key! Then it became one of my favorite techbase maps. 

BUT!!! 

Minos' Judgement from The Master Levels also is in the Map05 slot. So technically it counts. This means that for map 5 I can choose it and I choose Minos.wad. 

Map 06 - That's a hard one. But in the end I stop at the Baron's Lair from Plutonia. Simply because of the music, which is my favorite piece by Bobby Prince. 

Map 07 - In the end Dead Simple is The MAP07! And I really hate it when in the other wads map 7 is a cover of Dead Simple. Dead Simple is one and it has to stay that way! Period! 

Map 08 - That's a hard one... But since I hate half of the maps numbered 8 I have played - especially Realm and Metal - I have to go with Tricks And Traps

Map 09 - A lot of maps are fighting from this slot, but I will go with Sabbath Sewer (Memento Mori 2) for being a great map itself. 

BUT!!! 

Geryon from The Master Levels also has the slot. So it could also qualify. 

Map 10 - This is easy - The Black Gate from Requiem! Too bad Orrin Flaharty left the Innocent Crew short after. Brings so many Thy Flesh Consumed memories. 

Map 11 - There it goes - Underground Base. The Garden Terminal and The Chambers Of War were close, but finally HR has it's time of fame! 

Map 12 - This also is easy - Darkdome by Cranium (Eternal Doom) - favorite Eternal Doom map as well. 

Map 13 - I should give it to Nukage Processing from TNT Evilution. Very few maps numbered 13 have actually impressed me over the years. 

Map 14 - Definitely my favorite map in all of Doom ever - The Aquaduct from Memento Mori

Map 15 - This is a very close one. Maps numbered 15 often are simply awesome and some of my favorites are at this slot. But I have to choose only one and that one is Last Resort (Requiem). The Gates Of Hell was very close though. 

Map 16 - It's a close call between Suburbs and The Path. I place them at evens. 

Map 17 - Again a place where a bunch of the worst maps in the corresponding wads are placed. Of all those I think I liked Processing Area (TNT Evilution) most. All the others either have design flaws or are just bad or don't live much to the wad's potential. 

Map 18 - Quite a close call, but I should say The Courtyard. MS Futura is close though. 

Map 19 - Maybe the map with the most awkward name on the list - The Shaft (Memento Mori 2.) I don't know why, but I really really like this map. 

Map 20 - This one goes to Hell Revealed again. Namely Judgement Day

Map 21 - It would have been Den Of The Skull, but 100% kills are impossible, 100% secrets are impossible and... 100% items are also impossible. Unique map! Jokes aside, the only other ones I can think of are Sanctuary (MM2) and Twilight Lab (MM1). Twilight Lab wins, because it's a bit more of a standout. 

Map 22 - Habitat!? Well, it is my favorite from TNT Evilution, but seriously, do you think I would have put it here? Of course not. But since so many others also are not anything to boast, The Catacombs will do. 

Map 23 - Barrels O'Fun!!! My favorite Doom map ever! Sorry, Hatered (Requiem). Barrels O'Fun is too good. Sorry to all maps, numbered 23, that also are some of my favorite in the wads like Showdown, Tombstone, Ascending To The Stars, etc. 

Map 24 - The cursed spot. Do I like any map numbered 24 at all? Yes - Crushed Spirits from Doom 2 The Way iD Did. 

Map 25 - Scythe, this is your time to shine finally! I pick Envy. Imagine how much I didn't like the majority of the 25th maps to actually pick a Scythe map. 

Map 26 - Close call. But Base Exposure (MM2) beats Afterlife (HR) to the spot. 

Map 27 - HR takes vengeance for 26! This time Cyberpunk beats Silos by far! 

Map 28 - Again MM beats HR, but this time it's the first MM. City Of The Unavenged. Top Hell was close though. 

Map 29 - Simply and easily this slot is taken by Fire Walk With Me! Sorry, Odisey Of Noises. If I play Alien Vendetta again, it's definitely gonna be because of this map. 

Map 30 - In the end I'm choosing Viper. But my favorite Icon Of Sin map is Hatred from Requiem. 

Map 31 - Pharaoh. BUT!!! TEETH also has the MAP31 slot. So it qualifies and I choose TEETH, my favorite of the Master Levels. 

Map 32 - Tough choice... Well, nothing better than Dances With Demons

Excellent thought experiment.  I'll give this one a shot.

I'll limit myself to Doom I, II and Final Doom, coz they're the ones I know like the roof of my mouth.  And mapslots 1-9, I'll pick my favorites from the four episodes of Ultimate Doom.

Okaaaaay....

1 - Hell Beneath (even though it's an utter bastard, it has cool atmosphere, I'm sick to death of Hangar, and let's face it Deimos Anomaly and Hell Keep kinda suck)

2 - Perfect Hatred (Containment Area is a very close second, but the Romeronicity is too hard to resist for me)

3 - Toxin Refinery (fave of E1, best sequence to the secret level)

4 - Deimos Labs (strange level, love the creepy music)

5 - Phobos Labs (again cool secrets)

6 - Against Thee Wickedly (possibly my all-time favorite O.G. map, juuuuust beats out Mt. Erebus for me)

7 - Spawning Vats (because I'm favoring Romero maps way too much!!!)

8 - Phobos Anomaly (Best. Ending. Ever)

9 - Fear (favorite O.G. secret level, even though it's kinda built like a deathmatch map, it's simply fun)

10 - Redemption - (Refueling Base always kicks my ass and it's hard for me to have fun with it, this one however is one of the best in TNT)

11 - 'O' Of Destruction!! (because dat name)

12 - Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed (another all-timer for me)

13 - Downtown (it's a goddamn city level)

14 - Inmost Dens (didn't even have to think about that one)

15 - The Twilight (I'm goin with this one over Industrial Zone because it's way harder, has cool atmosphere and has unique shit like the chaingunners that are constantly resurrected by hidden archviles (that you can later crush by a button) and a 'window' to what looks like a sky that actually opens up to the final part of the level)

16 - Deepest Reaches (it's like four maps in one)

17 - Compound (very cool looking, fiendish traps, deathslide exit)

18 - Neurosphere (Inmost Dens 2: The Revenge)

19 - Shipping/Respawning (delivery truck ftw)

20 - Central Processing (this level is MASSIVE)

21 - Slayer (Circle 'O' Death II: The Deathening)

22 - Catacombs (beautiful level. Beautiful)

23 - Tombstone (fuck yeah)

24 - Final Frontier (if yer gonna rip off The Living End that's fine with me)

25 - Bloodfalls (another awesome-looking map)

26 - Abandoned Mines (Romero)

27 - Anti-Christ (if yer gonna rip off The Living End that's fine with me 2: Die Harder)

28 - Heck (people forget that the Casali Brothers made maps for TNT - this is like The Spirit World crossed with that maze bit in Courtyard and shit)

29 - The Living End (if yer gonna rip off The Living End that's - wait a minute)

30 - The Gateway Of Hell (coolest IOS battle, and a separate DM-only area - beat Sir Romero to it by like 20 years)

31 - Pharaoh - goddamn massive multipart awesome secret map, love the pyramid start and the egyptian-themed textures, the 'missing key' glitch doesn't bother me (you can straferun to the button) but the shotgunner ambush glitch still does, I don't care I still love it)

32 - Go 2 It (the ultimate slaughter map)

33 - Sewers (j/k)

Fun idea.  Throwing out a few that I'm not thinking too hard about.  Limiting myself to one map per WAD as well as one map per author.

6: Terra-6 from Doomed in Space - This got moved to map 7 in the final release but dammit the naming gimmick works better in the map 6 slot.  The name itself, that it uses a tune from Final Fantasy 6, and another hidden easter egg which ties back in with the map name.

13: (forgot name) from Sacrament - There is a strong feeling of desolation and abandonment in this one.  The music track plays a big role in this though it's also impressive how this is pulled off with vanilla textures.

15: (forgot name) from Whitemare 2 - A very expansive environment and the setting combine to leave an impression.

19: Escape from Epic 2 - Really like the setup on this one, making your way out of a lab that turns out it was concealed in an unassuming city block.  Though maybe I'm being influenced by all the maxrun attempts I made it's debatably more enjoyable when not rushing through and taking in the atmosphere.

24: Culture Shock from Ancient Aliens - A no-brainer for me.  Presentation is top-notch and the setting is still mostly one of a kind for now.

26: Transcendence from Eviternity - This is going to be the standard which all other heaven themed maps are going to be measured by.  It sets the bar really high.

I happen to have a notepad where I list all the megawads I've played to keep track of everything, which should make putting together a list pretty easy - ironically, I found it was easier just to put together a list from memory and what I know I've repeatedly gone back to replay. Some of these were pretty difficult to narrow down and it shouldn't be surprising which megawad seemed to dominate here:

MAP01: The Teleporter (Memento Mori)
MAP02: Well of Souls (The Plutonia Experiment)
MAP03: Interlock (Memento Mori)
MAP04: Nucleus (Eternal Doom)
MAP05: Hell's Kitchen (Memento Mori)
MAP06: Collider Complex (Plutonia 2)
MAP07: Not That Simple (Memento Mori)
MAP08: Beast Island (Alien Vendetta)
MAP09: Wormhole Zone (Plutonia 2)
MAP10: The Black Gate (Requiem)
MAP11: Nemesis (Alien Vendetta)
MAP12: Dark Dome (Eternal Doom)
MAP13: The Inmost Dens II (Memento Mori)
MAP14: Aqueduct (Memento Mori)
MAP15: Industrial Zone (Doom II)
MAP16: The Nephilim (Memento Mori II)
MAP17: Nuclear Horror (Plutonia 2)
MAP18: Lake Poison (Alien Vendetta)
MAP19: Warheros (Eternal Doom)
MAP20: Misri Halek (Alien Vendetta)
MAP21: Twilight Lab (Memento Mori)
MAP22: Impossible Mission (The Plutonia Experiment)
MAP23: Hatred (Requiem)
MAP24: Rainbow Bridge (Eternal Doom)
MAP25: Beginner's End (Eternal Doom)
MAP26: No Parking (Eternal Doom)
MAP27: The Silo (Memento Mori II)
MAP28: City of The Unavenged (Memento Mori)
MAP29: Hell on Earth (Scythe)
MAP30: Viper (Memento Mori)
MAP31: Pharaoh (TNT: Evilution)
MAP32: Caribbean (TNT: Evilution)

Shout out to Memento Mori's Karmacoma (MAP15) Requiem's Doorway to Quake (MAP31) and Eternal Doom's Excalibur and Monster Mansion (30 & 31) for being maps that were difficult contenders for those slots. You could easily replace the ones I have with those and I wouldn't object to it.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:54 PM, valkiriforce said:

I happen to have a notepad where I list all the megawads I've played to keep track of everything, which should make putting together a list pretty easy - ironically, I found it was easier just to put together a list from memory and what I know I've repeatedly gone back to replay. Some of these were pretty difficult to narrow down and it shouldn't be surprising which megawad seemed to dominate here:

MAP01: The Teleporter (Memento Mori)
MAP02: Well of Souls (The Plutonia Experiment)
MAP03: Interlock (Memento Mori)
MAP04: Nucleus (Eternal Doom)
MAP05: Hell's Kitchen (Memento Mori)
MAP06: Collider Complex (Plutonia 2)
MAP07: Not That Simple (Memento Mori)
MAP08: Beast Island (Alien Vendetta)
MAP09: Wormhole Zone (Plutonia 2)
MAP10: The Black Gate (Requiem)
MAP11: Nemesis (Alien Vendetta)
MAP12: Dark Dome (Eternal Doom)
MAP13: The Inmost Dens II (Memento Mori)
MAP14: Aqueduct (Memento Mori)
MAP15: Industrial Zone (Doom II)
MAP16: The Nephilim (Memento Mori II)
MAP17: Nuclear Horror (Plutonia 2)
MAP18: Lake Poison (Alien Vendetta)
MAP19: Warheros (Eternal Doom)
MAP20: Misri Halek (Alien Vendetta)
MAP21: Twilight Lab (Memento Mori)
MAP22: Impossible Mission (The Plutonia Experiment)
MAP23: Hatred (Requiem)
MAP24: Rainbow Bridge (Eternal Doom)
MAP25: Beginner's End (Eternal Doom)
MAP26: No Parking (Eternal Doom)
MAP27: The Silo (Memento Mori II)
MAP28: City of The Unavenged (Memento Mori)
MAP29: Hell on Earth (Scythe)
MAP30: Viper (Memento Mori)
MAP31: Pharaoh (TNT: Evilution)
MAP32: Caribbean (TNT: Evilution)

Shout out to Memento Mori's Karmacoma (MAP15) Requiem's Doorway to Quake (MAP31) and Eternal Doom's Excalibur and Monster Mansion (30 & 31) for being maps that were difficult contenders for those slots. You could easily replace the ones I have with those and I wouldn't object to it.

Don't care if its mostly the same 5 or so wads, Plutonia, MM and AV are still masterpieces.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

This is just making me realize how few megawads I've actually played, much less completed. I've got some Dooming to do!

Same here, holy shit. I came in here to post how I have no idea which map in each slot would be my favorite and reading your comment made me realize the same thing.

4 hours ago, Nevander said:

Same here, holy shit. I came in here to post how I have no idea which map in each slot would be my favorite and reading your comment made me realize the same thing.

I feel like I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I've played tons of maps over the life time of Doom, to the point where I barely remember any of them and would struggle to pick out individual maps from any megaWAD that I've not just played. I can't answer this question because it would take me too long to check everything I've played and try to come up with a definitive answer! If only I'd have had the foresight to note down everything I'd played...

Well, I'm not sure, but I'll try to make a list.

MAP01: AoD TC's Evil Dead

MAP02: Ancient Alien's Sanctum of the Wastes

MAP03: Plutonia's Aztec

MAP04: Ancient Alien's Bad Medicine Men

MAP05: Plutonia's Ghost Town

MAP06: Ancient Alien's Sinkhole Showdown

MAP07: Doom II's Dead Simple

MAP08: Doom II's Tricks and Traps

MAP09: Doom II's The Pit (my favorite map from Doom II)

MAP10: Equinox's MAP10

MAP11: Plutonia's Hunted (two archvile maps in a row!

MAP12: Plutonia's Speed

MAP13: Equinox's MAP13 (amazing)

MAP14

MAP15

MAP16

MAP17

MAP18

MAP19

MAP20

MAP21

MAP22

MAP23

MAP24

MAP25

MAP26

MAP27

MAP28

MAP29

MAP30

MAP31: Plutonia's Cyberden

MAP32: Plutonia's Go 2 It (the best official Doom level)

I'll finish this when I have more ideas.