Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DevilMyEyes

BLIND.WAD (Single level for Doom 2)

Hello everyone! It's been a while since i was here so, today. i'm gonna release my newest level.

It replaces MAP01 from the original doom 2,

I hope you like it. It has some quake vibes.

Tested With...

Gzdoom

Zdoom

Zandronum

Prboom-plus 2.5.1.4

Lenght

About 5 to 6 minutes to complete it

Difficulty

Designed to play on UV but the easy modes and HMP are balanced.

Download links http://www.mediafire.com/file/ec5yis7pwg2hh04/BLIND.zip/file

Spoiler

SCREENSHOTS:Screenshot_Doom_20201022_185109.png.2193f56f9f22ab0a753d89e0db02c076.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201022_185123.png.9bbec76b9035132a14f01cf8aa7aa5eb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201022_185041.png.bd80eff62640c51f761eb5d9e44429ba.png

I played your wad, but I'm slow today and couldn't find the yellow key :( the map has a nice atmosphere though, somewhere between Quake and Sigil. I found two secrets. I'll report back later when I'm less retarded.

Enjoyable level, took longer than five or six minutes, took about 15. But I am kind of tired, probably off my game. I like the interconnected layout, and it did indeed remind me of sigil a bit. It was enjoyable, but I'm off my game. Not quite sure why there was so much health in the Vile room, unless you're planning on making a larger set of levels. 

Speaking of the Vile room, I did find a HOM error on the door on the right side of the room that takes you back outside. Probably just missing a texture on the right side when you open the door. I was using GZDoom. 

Still, enjoyable enough. Although the dual chaingunners in the area with the SSG was kind of a dick move. That basically dictated how careful I was for the rest of the level; which is another reason in took a while to finish.

And yeah, not sure what the Star of David has to do with it.

1 hour ago, Jello said:

Enjoyable level, took longer than five or six minutes, took about 15. But I am kind of tired, probably off my game. I like the interconnected layout, and it did indeed remind me of sigil a bit. It was enjoyable, but I'm off my game. Not quite sure why there was so much health in the Vile room, unless you're planning on making a larger set of levels. 

Speaking of the Vile room, I did find a HOM error on the door on the right side of the room that takes you back outside. Probably just missing a texture on the right side when you open the door. I was using GZDoom. 

Still, enjoyable enough. Although the dual chaingunners in the area with the SSG was kind of a dick move. That basically dictated how careful I was for the rest of the level; which is another reason in took a while to finish.

And yeah, not sure what the Star of David has to do with it.

Thanks for playing the map! and yes, im planning to make a sequel to this map. Later on i'll update this map to 1.0 when i get all the texture problems fixed and I put the Star of David because on this dimension, everything is reverse so, The Star of David is basically a unholy version of the satanic pentagram. On the sequel there will be more biblical influences.

6 minutes ago, DevilMyEyes said:

Thanks for playing the map! and yes, im planning to make a sequel to this map. Later on i'll update this map to 1.0 when i get all the texture problems fixed and I put the Star of David because on this dimension, everything is reverse so, The Star of David is basically a unholy version of the satanic pentagram. On the sequel there will be more biblical influences.

Sounds good, I look forward to playing the next level. As I said, I enjoyed it, there's some brushing up that could be done here or there. And what was the deal with the yellow key area with three rad suits? I didn't actually find all the secrets, I think I found four of them. So maybe they serve a purpose, but I couldn't really find it.

And yeah, I suppose if that's where your going as far as biblical influences it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Jello said:

Sounds good, I look forward to playing the next level. As I said, I enjoyed it, there's some brushing up that could be done here or there. And what was the deal with the yellow key area with three rad suits? I didn't actually find all the secrets, I think I found four of them. So maybe they serve a purpose, but I couldn't really find it.

And yeah, I suppose if that's where your going as far as biblical influences it makes sense. 

The three rad suits purpose is to explore the secrets from the blood river (first opened area) and also protect you from the -10% or -20% damage of the Star of David and the blood splatters on the floor.

BLIND

Ultra-Violence mode || GZDoom || Doom64

*Deaths: 1 (killed by Archvile)

*Saves: None

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035845.png.252009d09637791d7c95b3044f4d7550.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_044612.png.f6f3ef0bfb3eb35b09a790d578a56be7.png

(Quake references)

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035900.png.efeaa62839145fc2b10bc5fd1ece7cbc.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035923.png.8c6b15caeddef063871f1ecdcf0e065d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_040044.png.a1838f6a3f32657cf08a16ad987d29df.png

This map is really strange, and too dark, there are hardly any areas with light, and others that are only blinking, something that I will say about the architecture that this map has, is the fact that it has a certain resemblance to a kind of fortress or small castle that was covered by darkness and that contains too much blood on all sides, blood that by the way, is extremely toxic and dangerous, because when you step on it by mistake, you end up losing a lot of health and armor as if what you step on was lava in place of blood, which makes the map more dangerous than it looks at first glance, apart from that, I also noticed that the map seemed to be largely inspired by the Quake game, because there are some details and small areas that are quite reminiscent of some levels or things that are seen in the game itself. In my opinion, visually the map looked interesting because of the things that it put in front of you, not just enemies, but some traps were curious because of how they were presented to you, especially if you wanted to get an important Item / weapon for example. Now going through the difficulty, it really is a map with cruel moments, it has Hitscanners that cannot be seen in certain parts because of how dark some areas are, not to mention that the beginning is a bit complicated, because we find Imps, and with some zombieman, I do not say it so much for this class of enemies, I say it more because of the fact that health is very reduced, to the extent that you depend more on a Soul Sphere that you find in a secret, than for the Medikits that it puts you the map, and among the enemies that we can find are: Hitscanners (from the Zombieman to the Chaingunner), Imps, Hell Knights, Pinkys, Cacodemon, Pain Elemental, and finally 3 Archviles in different places (2 being found in the last zone, and the last one in an activatable ground), all these enemies would not be so complicated if it were not for 2 things: the first, that health was a little more accessible in Medikits and not depend much on the Soul Sphere of the secret, and the second thing is that there were not so many puddles, small pools of blood with toxic soil, because their damage is equivalent to that of lava, if I do not know, they could reduce these things, at least, the damage would be equal to that of acid toxic soils, which would not they drop so much health if you have armor. To finish, I will say that the map entertained me, not in the right way, because I did feel some discomfort in some fights, because of the dark areas and the lack of Medikits, but in the end it entertained me, by being alert to any something that could appear in the dark, or in a trap that would be activated if he got something, or if he stepped on an activatable floor, but where if he did not have a good time, it was in the part of secrets, find the last 2 (The Mega Armor on a pillar, and the entrance to where the Cacodemon was) was really frustrating because he had not found any way to lower the Mega Armor, much less manage to enter the area where a Cacodemon is seen to collect the health or armor bonuses, time that I lost a lot just in those two secrets, but in the end the map was a little good for me, at least I will say that I liked the Quake symbols on this map a lot, so, it is a good map, but you will it is necessary to improve in certain aspects to do it enjoyable, mate.

1 hour ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

BLIND

Ultra-Violence mode || GZDoom || Doom64

*Deaths: 1 (killed by Archvile)

*Saves: None

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035845.png.252009d09637791d7c95b3044f4d7550.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_044612.png.f6f3ef0bfb3eb35b09a790d578a56be7.png

(Quake references)

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035900.png.efeaa62839145fc2b10bc5fd1ece7cbc.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_035923.png.8c6b15caeddef063871f1ecdcf0e065d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201023_040044.png.a1838f6a3f32657cf08a16ad987d29df.png

This map is really strange, and too dark, there are hardly any areas with light, and others that are only blinking, something that I will say about the architecture that this map has, is the fact that it has a certain resemblance to a kind of fortress or small castle that was covered by darkness and that contains too much blood on all sides, blood that by the way, is extremely toxic and dangerous, because when you step on it by mistake, you end up losing a lot of health and armor as if what you step on was lava in place of blood, which makes the map more dangerous than it looks at first glance, apart from that, I also noticed that the map seemed to be largely inspired by the Quake game, because there are some details and small areas that are quite reminiscent of some levels or things that are seen in the game itself. In my opinion, visually the map looked interesting because of the things that it put in front of you, not just enemies, but some traps were curious because of how they were presented to you, especially if you wanted to get an important Item / weapon for example. Now going through the difficulty, it really is a map with cruel moments, it has Hitscanners that cannot be seen in certain parts because of how dark some areas are, not to mention that the beginning is a bit complicated, because we find Imps, and with some zombieman, I do not say it so much for this class of enemies, I say it more because of the fact that health is very reduced, to the extent that you depend more on a Soul Sphere that you find in a secret, than for the Medikits that it puts you the map, and among the enemies that we can find are: Hitscanners (from the Zombieman to the Chaingunner), Imps, Hell Knights, Pinkys, Cacodemon, Pain Elemental, and finally 3 Archviles in different places (2 being found in the last zone, and the last one in an activatable ground), all these enemies would not be so complicated if it were not for 2 things: the first, that health was a little more accessible in Medikits and not depend much on the Soul Sphere of the secret, and the second thing is that there were not so many puddles, small pools of blood with toxic soil, because their damage is equivalent to that of lava, if I do not know, they could reduce these things, at least, the damage would be equal to that of acid toxic soils, which would not they drop so much health if you have armor. To finish, I will say that the map entertained me, not in the right way, because I did feel some discomfort in some fights, because of the dark areas and the lack of Medikits, but in the end it entertained me, by being alert to any something that could appear in the dark, or in a trap that would be activated if he got something, or if he stepped on an activatable floor, but where if he did not have a good time, it was in the part of secrets, find the last 2 (The Mega Armor on a pillar, and the entrance to where the Cacodemon was) was really frustrating because he had not found any way to lower the Mega Armor, much less manage to enter the area where a Cacodemon is seen to collect the health or armor bonuses, time that I lost a lot just in those two secrets, but in the end the map was a little good for me, at least I will say that I liked the Quake symbols on this map a lot, so, it is a good map, but you will it is necessary to improve in certain aspects to do it enjoyable, mate.

Right and clear! I will definetly write down these aspects to improve also, by the way, this map will have a sequel so i hopefully make it better the next time! Thank you so much for this review ElPadrecitoCholo.  

38 minutes ago, DevilMyEyes said:

Right and clear! I will definetly write down these aspects to improve also, by the way, this map will have a sequel so i hopefully make it better the next time! Thank you so much for this review ElPadrecitoCholo.  

You're welcome mate, I'll be waiting for that sequel that you can do, to see if it gets to surpass the first map.