Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

The Überdemon

Nice shading and details, but...it looks a bit clumsy somehow.

I wish I could draw-
I wish I could draw-
I wish I could draw-
I wish I could draw-
I wish I could draw-
Damn, I really wish I could draw like that. Whew. Damn. :)

This looks like a twisted combination of a variety of Doom creatures - the arms resemble those of a Cyberdemon (lacking the RL of course), the horns remind me of the Cacodemon and the legs are obviously Baron-esque - tho those creatures themselves obviously borrowed from the Minotaurs.

The left arm (the creature's right) lacks definition; it's difficult to tell it apart from the torso.
The limbs themselves look rather stumpy.
The large amount of dark shading and the overall similarity of the skin texturing makes it seem somewhat dull.
The main point of interest with this particular drawing is the facial detail; though even this is a bit distorted (though as with most fantasy drawings it's hard to tell if this were intended or just a mistake).

It looks as tho this was drawn up bit by bit, rather than laid out first in sketch form and lightly pencilling in detail before going all-out on shading.

Good try tho.

It reminds me of something out of Diablo. Or I could be horribly mistaken. Either way, still cool. :)

DemonDemon said:

I am SO making a 3d model of that. ^_^

Hmm.. maybe you should ask -permission-?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks great Fredrik.

A little bit of perspective awkwardness.. but overall nice :)

Hmm... you may have a point there. Yep. You may have one. Anywho... back to making the model. :D

P.S. Oh, ok... Can I make the model? Cauz I'll make it if it a yes or no. The diffrences is yes means everyone gets to see it and no means I'm making it anyways and it'll join my collection of other models never seen. :)

It reminds me slightly of that big baddie from Half Life.

Like a cross between that and a Baron of Hell.

Still ill as fuck!

i like it.. only the proportions are a bit off.. nevertheless.. nice shading!! :) .. me make drawing 2!!!

Fredrik said:

I have a colored & slightly modified version here. It was a 15 minute hack, so don't expect anything fancy :P

I like it. It has a wooden type of skin, and it looks tempting to kill, while playing Doom >:P

Asephilocity said:

Pretty awesome. Give it bigger teeth.

Be careful about replying in old threads, Moderators don't like to have old threads bumped - this one isn't a very old thread, but it is slowly getting there so I'll let that one pass.

Just a friendly warning to make sure that our new friend here doesn't do something stupid in the future.

Fredrik said:

If it's evil to reply to old Fan F/P-ics threads, then why bother to index them? :P

Simple, people might want to read old stories if they realize that they like newer stories by a certain person - then they might want to check out this guy's previous stories to see if they're just as interesting.
Same goes for art - you might see a drawing by a guy and think "wow, cool drawing, I wonder if this guy has made some more drawings" and then, naturally, you'd like to check out his previous artworks.

But you probably knew this already judging from your ":-P" ;-)

Fredrik said:

So you aren't allowed to give someone a comment for a story or a pic just because it's old?

Hey, do I look like I make the rules here? I'm only here to enforce these rules, not make new ones.
No, you're not allowed to comment on a pic if the thread is old, mostly because the thread has been buried as people (in general) are no longer interested in the pic. Just because one person comes across an old pic doesn't give him a right to bring it back up on the top of the forum.
I'm a little more positive towards it if the bumping comment introduces something new to the thread though, but that doesn't mean that the other Mods will appreciate it.