Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beany_bot

"Official" tournaments?

Yo all. I want to say I am new here, But I actually used to come here in 1998 I belive (that account is long gone). But I've been away. Just back into Fragging in multiplayer recently thanks to @Doomkid's awesome video tutorial on how to do it. (Thanks man). 

Well basically I would like to compete at the top end in old school deathmatches. As vanilla as possible. Are there specific big tournament/s? And how do I go about registering and qualifying. Thanks guys! 

If you join the MDF discord you’ll definitely find some other competitive players, plus you’ll be in the loop for any upcoming tournaments, which do happen every few months or so. Cool to see an old schooler coming back around!

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

If you join the MDF discord you’ll definitely find some other competitive players, plus you’ll be in the loop for any upcoming tournaments, which do happen every few months or so. Cool to see an old schooler coming back around!

Thanks my man, Yeah been well back into Doom the last few years. Just getting into DM though. I click on the link but it looks broken? https://discord.com/invite/XaUtgvZ

EDIT: Got in via the discord link on their twitter page. 

Edited by Beany_bot

@Doomkid OMg can you help!? In Doom Explorer I accidentally double right clicked on my fav server (the box on the left) and it dissapeared. I think I disabled it? I can't seen to get it back anyway I try?

The little Skull Cube icon has some built in help hints, looks like "N" will enable all servers, just in case it was disabled

That vanilla lounge server was great, but it seems gone again. The Doom shack server with bourgeois dm wad is a good alternative. Better maps actually.. who made these?

They’re incomplete still but Decay, myself and Razgriz are putting that wad together! It was supposed to be done by now but real life just gets in the way of these things. Soon though!

Keep at it! scrue real life. Had some excellent well populated rounds of FFA on it.

Edited by Matty_V