Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boz Steinkalt

Brutal Doom with Neural Upscale

Hey everyone,

I just got into playing Doom mods?

Does hidfan's Neural Upscale work with Brutal Doom? I didn't notice a difference when I started the Doom 2 wad. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Boz Steinkalt said:

Hey everyone,

I just got into playing Doom mods?

Does hidfan's Neural Upscale work with Brutal Doom? I didn't notice a difference when I started the Doom 2 wad. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you.

I would like to help you but, unfortunately I am no longer such a Brutal Doom mod player, partner, I really apologize for not being able to provide you with any help regarding your situation...

As far as I know, that neural upscale project is only for vanilla resources, as they have been manually touched-up instead of relying entirely on the upscale algorithm. Which means it will not work properly with gameplay mods or wads using custom sprites/textures/etc.

6 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

As far as I know, that neural upscale project is only for vanilla resources, as they have been manually touched-up instead of relying entirely on the upscale algorithm. Which means it will not work properly with gameplay mods or wads using custom sprites/textures/etc.

Oh, that's sad man...

The neural upscale won't have any effect on anything other than the sprites contained in the neural upscale mod, meaning it won't work for modded weapons or enemies. Even using the neural upscale pack in a wad which contains a special palette, like BTSX or Ancient Aliens, will cause issues.