Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr.Ferret

Why does doomguy have black gloves on the cover but in the game he has different colored gloves?

The same answer to the questions about the cover art:

- Why do the demons look different?

- Why does the gun look different?

It's just a cover art made by an artist who wasn't involved in the development of Doom.

Bait & switch, I say!!! Let's sue idgames. And while we're at it, let's sue the government of Phobos too!

doomguy is a fashion slave, he discovered he needed new gloves

I think that black gloves would just look off. It does't really fit with the rest of doomguy's sprite, even with mods that incorporate black gloves in first person they look weird. Maybe it's because i'm used to the soft brown leather that surrounds doomguy's sexy hands.

5 hours ago, Dr.Ferret said:

Why though? Even in doom eternal and quake champions the classic doomguy skin has black gloves. Why is this?

I dunno, you tell me.

It’s simple. In menswear, black leather gloves are oddly enough less classy than brown leather. Doomguy initially assumed the opposite due to the tendency for black to be a color reserved for dressiness and formality, but quickly learned of his faux pas and realized black gloves only made him look like a burglar (if you don’t know what that is it’s like a ham burglar but for things other than ham).

the black gloves are the good ones he uses for promo shots, but he uses the other ones most days.

He have reversable Gloves, so if he feel to have it Black, he only need to turn inside the gloves and voila!

"Why does doomguy have black gloves on the cover ...."?

Those aren't gloves. Those are hands stained with the black blood and gristle of demons into whose chest cavities he's plunged them before ripping out their still-beating hearts (or whatever passes for hearts in demon chest cavities).

9 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

He have reversable Gloves, so if he feel to have it Black, he only need to turn inside the gloves and voila!

This is canon

Because it's a cover. For the effect.

Nothing on the cover looks the same in the actual game. You could also ask why Batman isn't actually white in Arkham City, as seen on the cover.

Maybe the same guy who places all the keycards out in the open switched Doomguy's gloves?

3 hours ago, danidf96 said:

I think that black gloves would just look off.

Other games such as Dark Forces had no problem giving the protagonist black gloves.

2 hours ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

mmMMMMM!!! wHy aRe ThErE TWOOOO DOMGUYSSSSS oN tHe cOvEr aRt?!?!?! hE HaS a TwInS bRoThEr???! i DoM'T UnDeRmStAnDz!!!!

image.png.3b57a1304067711a99a587b6acd135ac.png

Wait... Wait... Doomguy2 has brown gloves. Game Doomguy also has brown gloves. So does this confirm the theory that the marine in the background is Doomguy?

Well. The guy in the front looks like he has REALLY slim chances of not dying. several demons holding him, fireball about to headshot him.. and a demon aiming a blaster where it will hurt a lot. 

11 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

So does this confirm the theory that the marine in the background is Doomguy?

Yeah pretty much...

8 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Well. The guy in the front looks like he has REALLY slim chances of not dying. several demons holding him, fireball about to headshot him.. and a demon aiming a blaster where it will hurt a lot. 

...because of this.

Like, he's facing like 7 Barons (?) (and a Cyberdemon ?) at the same time, he's probably dead by now, so... probably the guy in the back is our Doomguy

Because the artist who made the cover thought that black gloves looked cooler, or he simply didn't care about accuracy.

Or maybe he DID colored the gloves brown but a print error somehow made them black, tainting his reputation and being forever known as the tragic artist who got the colors of a videogame character wrong.

Because the guy in the cover art is not Doomguy, it's just a random marine about to get mauled by a pack of barons.