Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

iD please fix this mess

18 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

A wall eventually gives when pushed long enough. Enforcer here however is just surprised that nobody else besides him considers this a bug.*

Hide contents

*It literally is a level-of-detail setting (LOD) and perhaps its set too aggressively. When you look at games like Assassins Creed, Deus Ex or Fallout 4, flickering will occur in the distance. That's LOD swapping a low res asset in for a high res one. Doom Eternal does the exact same thing but for microdetail - which is what Enforcer is po'ed about.

Its literally a nothingburger and not a bug, but a parameter that perhaps is set a tad too aggressively. But lets not formulate that with decency, nope, not at all..

It is a bug though. It's a graphical glitch/bug. I'm pretty sure if this was happening on every platform (NOT ONLY ON PS4). There would be a lot of folks complaining about it. .no matter how you call it.

I'm sure that id Software do at least some of their bug testing on the PS4 platform. Seems like it would be a major oversight otherwise. But they might not be able to replicate the circumstances that have generated the bug in your case. Software like Doom Eternal has hundreds of thousands of lines of code, all interacting in many different ways. That kind of thing is why squashing bugs can be hard in complex programs.

Even if you never take it up as a hobby, I suggest you try writing a simple program. Let us know how things turn out when you get the process of debugging the thing. I know that I found it a pain in the ass, and the longest program I've written is a couple of dozen lines in Lua.

21 hours ago, P41R47 said:

By definition, gamebreaker means that it make the game unplayeable, unbeatable or in a worst case, just crash you out, and in the worst case, it damage your console/PC.

What you are experiencing is ''moodbreaker'', and for that reason, Id prioritized the ''gamebreaker'' bugs and left for later the cosmetic or aesthetic bugs that could ''moodbreak'' some players, but most people understand as something that could happen and its not damaging at all.

Its kinda funny that you think that they are not aware of that.

I betatest some games a few years ago, and when i sent the summary of bugs that i found, those kind of visual bug were always left as last kind of fix.

why? because when you fix a gamebreaking bug, probably some visual bugs will sprung out.

So, most, developers first aim for stability on their product and then for aesthetic.

Also, you may found it annoying, but maybe people out there think it as a feature.

When i first saw your video i thought that it was pretty mind fucking and cool, an interesting way to show how the enemy face was changing.

Kinda like hellish morphing.

But well, as most people say, take it easy.

You won't die because this isn't fix.

So enjoy it as it is right now, or play another thing until its fixed.

Look. I'm not losing my sleep over it. I've beaten this game a bunch of times now. Completed it on Ultra-Nightmare and now I'm pretty much done with it. I'm just curious when will these guys fix this thing. If ever. I'm going to test every patch and yes I'm going to post the results here. Let's just see will they ever fix it or not. Place your bets! 

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

I'm sure that id Software do at least some of their bug testing on the PS4 platform. Seems like it would be a major oversight otherwise. But they might not be able to replicate the circumstances that have generated the bug in your case. Software like Doom Eternal has hundreds of thousands of lines of code, all interacting in many different ways. That kind of thing is why squashing bugs can be hard in complex programs.

Even if you never take it up as a hobby, I suggest you try writing a simple program. Let us know how things turn out when you get the process of debugging the thing. I know that I found it a pain in the ass, and the longest program I've written is a couple of dozen lines in Lua.

Replicate the circumstances? Shoot a dude, walk away from him, come close to him. Thats all. You do it all the time in this game. And this shit happens to almost every enemy. You must be blind not to notice it. I've noticed it straight away. And yes, I think that it is an oversight. Maybe I'm wrong. .maybe I'm right. But the funny thing is they created this bug themselves, while they were trying to fix other stuff in the game. And now 2 patches later it's still there. And look. .these devs did an amazing job with this game. But now I feel like they have lowered their guard so to speak. .that's all

7 hours ago, Enforcer said:

I can only speak for the PS4 version dude. I think the other versions are fine. That's why these hawk-eyed testers are having a tough time spotting it.

If this is some bizarro take on getting hired by iD Software because you somehow manage to flag things as bugs whereas they do not then my dude, you really need a better story than this.

7 hours ago, Enforcer said:

It is a bug though. It's a graphical glitch/bug. I'm pretty sure if this was happening on every platform (NOT ONLY ON PS4). There would be a lot of folks complaining about it. .no matter how you call it.

• ''It is likely a LOD parameter that is set too aggressively'' whilst giving examples of how LOD works - Reasonable stance.
  • ''Nah it is a bug. It is a graphical glitch. I noticed it right away. You must be blind not to notice it.'' - Yeah, sure, okay.

The fact nobody else but you is complaining about it is that everybody else but you does not consider it a bug, primarily because it isn't one.

Furthermore you seem to take a lot of pleasure in making jests at the behest of the developer, a surefire way to have this non-existent bug of yours to be fixed in due time...

9 hours ago, Enforcer said:

Look. I'm not losing my sleep over it. I've beaten this game a bunch of times now. Completed it on Ultra-Nightmare and now I'm pretty much done with it. I'm just curious when will these guys fix this thing. If ever. I'm going to test every patch and yes I'm going to post the results here. Let's just see will they ever fix it or not. Place your bets! 

Well, move on if you already complete it.

Why are you soo obssesed with this?

who are you?

game police deputy who stalk developers that get away with the money of the consumers?

Time to grew up, buddy!

They will fix what they consider needs fixing.

You may have paid for a game, but that doesn't make the developers your slaves for that.

''Place your bets''?

Be grateful that you have the money to play it, guy!

Edited by P41R47

Is it a bug? Yes, it is.

Does this bug deserve 3 pages? No, it does not.

We are giving too much attention to something really little. Eventually, they are gonna fix it, and no one is gonna die in the meantime.

Please, let this thread die.

12 hours ago, Enforcer said:

That's why these hawk-eyed testers are having a tough time spotting it.

No they aren't. Most likely this is a known bug. It is simply not important enough to fix while the next DLC and other content is in development. And you say this doesn't bother you but you chime in after every single patch to say it's not fixed. Get real, you're obsessed. 

I return from my hiatus from Doomworld to find this thread STILL BEING POSTED ON?!

Look dude, it's a bug, and could be a little annoying for you, but let it go already.

This thread should've ended at page 1. Let this thread die, there is no point in prolonging something that has no significance.