Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ar_e_en

Things that aren't wads, that Ar_e_en made (mostly digital graphic art, but maybe some other things as well)

Sometimes I like to draw as a hobby, and I figured that I might as well post some of my amateurish stuff in this Creative Works section, maybe I'll post some of the other things that I have made that aren't drawn (I have a few homemade videos for instance).

You can mostly expect digital drawn art from me.

For the first piece - I'm gonna post my most recent work that I just finished!

It's 3 characters from a couple of DOOM Engine based games - The Gunslinger from Memoirs of Magic, Kissa from Chosen and Square from The Adventures of Square.

SquareChosenMemARTv1_1.png.32842f22399a1fbfcf98b5f03479ca34.png

Edited by Ar_e_en : Fixed a minor mistake in the art

I also made this image a couple of days ago when I made that thread about The Adventures of Square secrets. After all these days I still find it funny!

SquareShitpostIMGv1.png.77bbecb474de36ac22a99c42355b5d94.png

The original TAoS secrets thread:

Went digging into my archive and found 2 pieces I created years ago, I know that I was gonna use these for something bigger, but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, here they are:

bgtest1ver2.png.6052d0714699c5821e359b8adc2db357.png

bgtest2ver2.png.f4643263872951bc22b5e695c5cbf6f5.png

Here's something you can try at home: open up your art program and scribble like a maniac, just draw whatever, don't even think about it, smear your scribbles, add filters, be random! Once you've grown tired of doing aimless doodling - try and find meaning or structure in your mess, find patterns and enhance any spot that could make your piece a bit more coherent. Finally - turn your messed up image of chaos into something relatively orderly and coherent.

This is something that I like to do from time to time and sometimes it can create some things that are pretty interesting and unique!

As an example: my profile picture (the duck in rags) was made with this method.

Abstract_Duck_In_Rags_v2.png.6634c14ad671fa5a46bcc2592306035d.png

And here is a recent piece (2 frogs) I made with this method:

AbstractFrogs.png.deda2315f73ef06ba27a94abe4e6a22f.png

They kinda look like characters that would be designed by Sally Cruikshank (which is an observation I only made after creating this thing).

Another creation with the "doodle whatever" technique: A Martian Soldier.

2020_dec_06_WIP_concept.png.ee4ca4fed431a9f1fdd96c47086e804b.png

I might add a bit more to this work in the future, because this gave me an inspiration for something.