Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benpaste

I made a video series for complete beginners

Hi, I made a quick and concise mapping tutorial series for any people new to Doom and/or making maps. Spread them around if you think they're good, and feedback is very much appreciated!

Edited by Benpaste

Good clear instructions and you have a nice voice for it - good luck expanding the series :)

Great ! Love to see a new member helping others to start mapping ! (DBX is also a very good choice for beginners, less complicated than UDB). Difference between decoration items is, "obstacles" are blocking on the floor, "light sources" emit light when the "load lights.pk3" is ticked, and "decorations do neither of those 2 (some are blocking, but their hitbox is on the ceiling).

20 hours ago, DavidN said:

Good clear instructions and you have a nice voice for it - good luck expanding the series :)

Thanks very much! I love your 'Visual Language of Doom Maps' video.

14 hours ago, TheEvilGrin said:

Great ! Love to see a new member helping others to start mapping ! (DBX is also a very good choice for beginners, less complicated than UDB). Difference between decoration items is, "obstacles" are blocking on the floor, "light sources" emit light when the "load lights.pk3" is ticked, and "decorations do neither of those 2 (some are blocking, but their hitbox is on the ceiling).

Thanks for the heads up! I'm noticing loads and loads of addenda I'm going to have to make at some point in the future... The biggest being that I forgot to include pressing Ctrl+D to draw.