Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icecoldduke

Doom 3 - DirectX Raytracing

In this video were showing we got Doom 3 with DirectX Raytracing on its feet. The entire backend renderer was removed, and ported to DirectX 12 Raytracing. There is a lot of work todo, to get the game looking good under the new lighting model. Were going to have to relight the game, as you can see from the video, the lighting isn't correct because the data needs work.

We have a discord if you would like to join or help out!

Discord: https://discord.gg/EnJcgMv

Github: https://github.com/jmarshall23/DoomRTX

I'm not a fan of Doom 3 but I do appreciate good lighting! I will be on the lookout for what eventually comes out of this project but as of now I am definitely impressed by what that video shows! What really stood out me though is how the floor tiles don't act like a perfect mirror which is something that tends to plague these mods.

If this actually ends up anywhere near completion, I'm definitely interested in this.

This already looks quite good. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with old games.

6 hours ago, seed said:

If this actually ends up anywhere near completion, I'm definitely interested in this.

I wonder the same about Quake 1 RTX, the Heretic 2 project, EDuke2 RTX and a bunch of others.

It looks great ofcourse.

38 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I wonder the same about Quake 1 RTX, the Heretic 2 project, EDuke2 RTX and a bunch of others.

It looks great ofcourse.

Quake 1 RTX is done, the last bit of technical stuff to do there is the animation blending that I'll bring over from Doom 3 RTX. Quake 1 RTX is playable, both singleplayer and multiplayer, in its entirety. 

My next step is to create a dynamic sparse texture loading code, so that way this isn't restricted to just the demo. I'll back port that to Quake 3 RTX.

Following that, Doom 3 RTX, Prey RTX and Quake 3 RTX are at the point were I need to relight the game. The lighting looks awful in what I have at the moment, and that's because mathmatically it makes sense, but the light rigs in the retail games are a problem. So I'm going to go in and create a beauitful corner, take a segment of a Doom 3 level and make it look good, and see if I can find some help to help me relight the entire game using the beautiful corner as a base line. 

Preview3: I have enabled Global Illumination, fixed bugs with AO, added decal support, and other performance fixes. Also fixed the t-pose zombies

This is fucking rad, I checked out the the github, but can't figure out how to install it. is this going to be more like a sourceport where the engine data is all included and you just add the game files? or how would I install this?